PDA

View Full Version : The Holloween Theme Sucks

bucknaway
October 30th, 2013, 20:10
The default Halloween theme sucks but once you log in it goes to your chosen theme. [attachment=0:13hrch81]Capture.PNG[/attachment:13hrch81]

timmberty
October 30th, 2013, 20:49
i must agree with bucky .. that is a shit theme.

francois
October 30th, 2013, 21:09
I love the Halloween Theme; great idea for the season.

elephantspike
October 30th, 2013, 21:24
Season? it's gonna stay like that forever. (~~) Just kidding...... but really! 8-X

rincondog
October 30th, 2013, 22:17
Thumbs up. Some people just can't stand change.

jinks
October 31st, 2013, 00:39
one day only......

Surfcrest
October 31st, 2013, 02:16
Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit global settings > Board style.........choose your preference!
As bucknaway said; you need to log in to view the board in the setting you choose.

Surfcrest

blazer
October 31st, 2013, 12:42
Like the Halloween theme. Keep up the good work.

Happy Halloween!

christianpfc
October 31st, 2013, 14:40
The good thing about Halloween is, it's only once per year and it's only a few days. One of those festivals I wouldn't mind if they stayed in their country of origin.

scottish-guy
October 31st, 2013, 15:05
Lighten up guys for - you'll be complaining about Christmas next.

jinks
October 31st, 2013, 17:43
Leave Christmas alone, until December at least..... Try spelling......

Hallowe'en

frequentflier
October 31st, 2013, 18:11
nice theme but only for a day or so.

lonelywombat
October 31st, 2013, 18:14
Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit global settings > Board style.........choose your preference!
As bucknaway said; you need to log in to view the board in the setting you choose.

Surfcrest

Did as you said altered, then logged out, came back in to the same mess again.

Surfcrest
October 31st, 2013, 21:16
Did as you said altered, then logged out, came back in to the same mess again.

Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit global settings > Board style.........Absolution....submit.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
October 31st, 2013, 21:20
You'd think after all these years they'd know how to submit

:ymparty:

elephantspike
October 31st, 2013, 21:59
Wombat- If you logout of course it won't display your preferences, You have to be logged-IN. Otherwise it doesn't know what your preferences are.

newalaan2
October 31st, 2013, 22:05
the same mess again.
one day only......
must agree with bucky .. that is a shit theme.
The default Halloween theme sucks
Haha....why is it the Board's resident curmudgeons who are always the first to mump and moan about any attempts to get into anything which might be fun! What a bunch of grumpy, miserable old codgers...the lot of 'em!

Thumbs up from me too Spike.......

Writing about it, is promoting it. Comments Edited......Surfcrest

kanom
November 1st, 2013, 01:36
Absolutely stupid! Seems like the last remaining gays in Thailand sites are not helping themselves. Boys town on its way out, suni and jomtien complex are all on there last legs. Thailand IS NO LONGER a gay destination. Sad but very true. Annoying that places like Ganymede Ejected there staff and local gay clientele for the Russian influx. It will not last. Sad. Good luck in there business. We will remember them.

kanom
November 1st, 2013, 01:44
It's not change, just can't fucking read it! Almost like the owner don't care readers and me for one don't need to visit this site that I liked. For what??

elephantspike
November 1st, 2013, 03:06
Boo! 8-X

Nirish guy
November 1st, 2013, 03:06
It's not change, just can't fucking read it! Almost like the owner don't care readers and me for one don't need to visit this site that I liked. For what??

Or seeing as how you ARE a board member and all you "could" I guess just do what has already been pointed out several times now to enable you to see the board as you prefer, in case you missed it here it is again for you.......

go to the Control Panel above then click > Board preferences then > Edit global settings then > Board style ( to go back to the usual board style click Absolution)....and then hit submit and hey presto you're good to go.

So, the above will all take only six small clicks of your mouse - as opposed to the 100+ keystrokes that it took for you to post your contribution - and for what eh, just to have a moan about a temporary halloween board change that you have FULL control over NOT seeing if you don't want to.

elephantspike
November 1st, 2013, 03:10
All you need to do is login. One click. Bang. Halloween theme gone....and you must have had to login to post.

lonelywombat
November 1st, 2013, 07:13
So you agree with me . Login, or try and read the orange backing.

I stated that having changed the settings I still get the orange until logged in.

Nirish guy
November 1st, 2013, 07:24
Lonely - did you / have you clicked the "log on automatically" button on the log in screen ? As if you click there that it means that you'll only need to log on once and then each time you visit thereafter you will a) be automatically logged in ( in case you want to post) and b) your preferred screen preference style will be displayed both instantly and automatically each and every time you visit the site as if you're not logged in then you'll get the administrators choice of screen background layout, whatever that happens to be, so if you prefer your own choice then just log in ( once after clicking the auto log in button) and your preferred preference will (keep) coming up for you.

elephantspike
November 1st, 2013, 07:38
Ah. OK, Wombat. I was afraid something might not be working. It'll be back to normal in a few hours. It is a bit harsh on my eyes, too, to tell you the truth. It's just like youtube putting all the videos upside-down for April Fools Day that one year.

francois
November 1st, 2013, 10:16
Season? it's gonna stay like that forever. (~~) Just kidding...... but really! 8-X

That is great news for me; I needed a makeover. (~~)

lonelywombat
November 1st, 2013, 11:18
Nirish guy that did work for me But only from my home. When I travel I use the local internet shops and have to put up with that color.

HOWEVER there are 249 people viewing the site right now but only 11 signed in. for 238 viewers they all have the same problem with the orange screen.

Over the last 24 hours 87 people signed in. They have the option of altering. But what about the rest

I think you fail to recognize the fewer people are now bothering to log in, as they have little they want to say.

Surfcrest
November 1st, 2013, 11:34
I think you fail to recognize the fewer people are now bothering to log in, as they have little they want to say.
Or maybe they can't find the log in button with all the black & orange.
Happy Halloween! (~~)

(~~) Surfcrest (~~)

November 1st, 2013, 14:33
The Wombat is absolutely right on this. The orange theme sucks. I though your aim was to attract new members Surfcrest?

Surfcrest
November 1st, 2013, 15:08
In response to your concerns lonelywombat, I am probably not as concerned as I should about the numbers and the traffic with the board right now.

Our focus has been on the infrastructure and the direction we want to take the board next in terms of software, platform and content.
We recently moved from our Thai based shared server arrangement to our own Sawatdee server here in Vancouver and effective today the transfer is complete.
While you may not have noticed much of a difference, this is actually a significant shift for the board now in terms of what we can do and the future directions we want to explore.
The new technical platform of the board will allow us to modernize the capabilities of the board and give you more functionality.
Future content on the site, outside of the message board is also a big concern we are working on and incorporating into the new design.
We hope to announce the next stages of this project over the coming days.

The only thing that could possibly hold us back, however, and drive members away from not only Sawatdee Gay Thailand, but all message boards is your and other member's continual support of the board that refuses to respect the personal privacy of members in our community. This is what's scaring people away from all the boards. If you would just stay away, let the thing die...then hopefully there will be a community left to enjoy what we are doing here.

Surfcrest

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9215-did-the-bitch-board-get-bitch-slapped/#entry70839

Nirish guy
November 1st, 2013, 17:05
Nirish guy that did work for me But only from my home. When I travel I use the local internet shops and have to put up with that color.

YOU don't have to put up with that colour at all, as has already been explained if you just LOG IN anytime visit the site and YOU don't have to put up with that colour at all and you get the screen YOU want - if you referring to your perhaps having to put up with that colour on the opening screen you would see on for your first page to enable you to log in anytime over the whole massive 4 four day period when you're travelling around all those internet shops ? when those colours were used - well I think that is what a few of my Thai friends would refer to as a "first world problem".

Nope, not at all, I wasn't referring to those who chose not to and or can't log in if they're not members, I was merely replying to your specific post about you not seeing the site as how you liked it ( even after you had logged in to post ) and was pointing out how you could fix that, I wasn't referring to the general public and what they see in any way as for the record re that I actually agree with most of the other posters that the orange was bloody awful looking, but after six clicks of my mouse the issue was resolved for me and as I was fully aware ( as it had been said and I was taking it as read) that the site would of course revert back to it's normal look again immediately after halloween again. Plus of course as it is the board owners board to do with what he will I figured that it just wasn't worth commenting on as it would all change back again in a day or two ( again see first world problem), but I'm glad it's every things all back to normal again now anyway and those who "chose" not to log in or who can't as they aren't members will again see the normal site style back again.