PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza ...No one is coming! Bring a book.

Manforallseasons
October 28th, 2013, 18:50
We are entering the beginning of high season and I've never seen Sunee as slow as it is at the moment you really have to wonder how most places pay the rent with the exception of those bars owned by farangs as a hobby.

newalaan2
October 28th, 2013, 22:12
We are entering the beginning of high season and I've never seen Sunee as slow as it is at the moment you really have to wonder how most places pay the rent with the exception of those bars owned by farangs as a hobby.
At first I thought this might be a revived thread from 2005/6/7/8/9/10/11/2012, but I see it's a fresh, new 2013 one!! And you HAVE seen sunee as 'slow' as this as you tell us the same every year! In fact twice or three times each and every year!

So the book I would suggest for you is "How not to repeat the same shite year after year about sunee's demise, lowest of low high season, bars owned as hobbies and how all these bars manage to exist for the whole decade Manforallseasons has been regurgitating this same waffle" also called "Life In Pattaya Through the bottom of a Gin Bottle" by Miss Neurotic Undaunted. It must be frustrating waking up every day in the place you hate but are stuck so I kinda understand why you have such a negative, miserable outlook.

I'm just back from a lowest of low season rainy period and had a great fun time in Sunee, with plenty of boys and EVERY bar open EVERY night! bars such as Eros, Krazy Dragon, Double Shot, Sky Bar, All Of Me, Come In, Ouds CafeBar etc.... were busy at some point every night including those which spent money on refurbishing, updating, money they......according to you...could never have because they don't make any money! haha!....how long have you been living 'your dream' and have still managed to take in nothing about the place?

Manforallseasons
October 29th, 2013, 01:52
Alana you have never been the sharpest knife on the rack and your life must be God awful if you think low season is high season in your mind, all you need to do is have two screaming queens next to you in Crazy Pub and your in bliss, stay at home buy a French poodle and have the same thrill for a lot less. Your new antidepressant appears to be working, good for you. ;;)

Bazzeroo
October 29th, 2013, 13:28
I have to say I was there last week and I have never in 8 Years visiting at various times of the the year seen it so Quite. Double shot bar 0 customers, Eden BAr closed, Happy 1 customer Crazy bar 3 customers and that was about it at 11.30pm. I really thought after visiting in June that Sunee was on the up with new modern bars opening.

frequentflier
October 29th, 2013, 16:01
we just returned home from 2 weeks in Pattaya.we went to sunee a few times but it was very quiet.krazy dragon had no customers on the few times that we went.the colonial bar had some customers and the beer was cold,not so in some of the others.

a447
October 29th, 2013, 19:13
When I was there earlier this month I was surprised at the large number of farangs sitting in the beer bars every night. Eros was also doing a roaring trade.
It just goes to show - timing is everything. Busy one week, dead the next.

thaiguest
November 2nd, 2013, 02:31
Has the steady cleaning up of Sunnee vis a vis more lighting, no street kids, no chuckwow competitions etc progressed in tandem with the decline in business?

Manforallseasons
November 3rd, 2013, 01:49
Has the steady cleaning up of Sunnee vis a vis more lighting, no street kids, no chuckwow competitions etc progressed in tandem with the decline in business? (Quote)thaiquest

Excellent question! Yes the decline of the sleeze factor is a huge reason that people have stopped coming as before!

Sooty
November 3rd, 2013, 09:26
We are entering the beginning of high season and I've never seen Sunee as slow as it is at the moment you really have to wonder how most places pay the rent with the exception of those bars owned by farangs as a hobby."The beginning of the high season"? The rains don't stop until late November. At best the "high" season is December to February; arguably according to a bar owner I know in Bangkok it's Xmas Eve to the end of the week after New Year as far as first world tourists go - 3 weeks at best.

newalaan2
November 6th, 2013, 18:05
Manforallseasons wrote:We are entering the beginning of high season and I've never seen Sunee as slow as it is at the moment you really have to wonder how most places pay the rent with the exception of those bars owned by farangs as a hobby."The beginning of the high season"? The rains don't stop until late November. At best the "high" season is December to February; arguably according to a bar owner I know in Bangkok it's Xmas Eve to the end of the week after New Year as far as first world tourists go - 3 weeks at best.
Forgive MFAS he's only been living in Pattaya for a number of years and has yet to work out what actually goes on around him, he'll need a 'bit more' time. The Gin tinged world in which he inhabits where the days and seasons are blurred together runs parallel to the real world.

have two screaming queens next to you in Crazy Pub
Sorry I didn't recognise you next to me in Crazy Pub, you should have introduced yourself, which one of the two were you?

Alana you have never been the sharpest knife on the rack
Yes I'm almost as sharp as the dumb knucklehead who opted to make his home in a place he clearly hates given the amount of negative, depressing posts he makes about Pattaya, instead of renting or allowing for some future flexibility options ...... NO plan B to fall back on....now THAT is sharp!.....hahaha!

we went to sunee a few times but it was very quiet.
I have to say I was there last week and I have never in 8 Years visiting at various times of the the year seen it so Quite. Double shot bar 0 customers, Eden BAr closed, Happy 1 customer Crazy bar 3 customers and that was about it at 11.30pm. I really thought after visiting in June that Sunee was on the up with new modern bars opening.
The point is that MFAS dredges up this time after time as if it was actually news. We all know BT, Sunne, Jomtien are never going to be as busy as the early noughties, they have been "quiet" for about a decade now, I have never visited Pattaya at peak time so I don't even know what high season looks like in Pattaya! The 14 years I have been visiting in Late-Jan/Feb/April/June-July/Sept-Oct are all classed as MFAS's low season....in these years of permanent low season MFAS has been telling us every year is even quieter than previous and these businesses CANNOT survive, yet they all do, and some even splash out cash on refurbishment, make-overs etc......which goes against everything he is trying to tell us, he is totally clueless.

You just cannot take a snapshot of bars at 7pm, 9pm or 11pm and declare the area is dead. Nobody has ever studied sunee traffic from the bar opening times of 5-6pm through to 2am, the staff are hired for that night irrespective of peaks and troughs, but it's down to the actual amount of customers over an almost 8 hour period which counts. I have sat in and across from Double shot where they have had 2 customers at 9pm and 20 at 1am, but I have no idea how many feet trample though that bar in total from 6pm to 3am. The ONLY proof I have that they and other bars must be busy enough is the fact that they are still there and have not all gone to the wall. Goodness knows what goes on in MFAS's little world...meanwhile in the real world all the bars remain as open as they were a decade ago, slow high seasons or not. I think sunee could do with some positive input for a change, all we hear about are the negatives, god knows what MFAS seeks to achieve with these kind of posts apart from hoping for an inflammatory thread.

Manforallseasons
November 6th, 2013, 20:09
Newalaan good to see you've come to your senses!

focusedinthai
November 6th, 2013, 21:21
Simply not true. Utter rubbish. The other night - Eros bar in Sunee - packed. Oud's cafe - packed. Other bars - empty as a whore's twat in church. Why? Because their staff sucks. After all, we are customers too. Just because one bar is empty doesn't mean the rest are suffering. Take Oud's Cafe - consistently busy on a weekly basis year after year. Now, switch tunes over to Boyztown. Same night I was in Eros Bar (last Friday and Saturday), I also ventured to Boyz Boyz Boyz. I had a hot boy from Chiang Rai with the biggest dick I've seen on a Thai boy - even bigger than the Chinese dick in Chiang Mai bars. We had a great time drinking in Panorama and then the manager at Boyz Boyz Boyz came over and asked me if my boy could be in the 'big cock show' because some people come just to see him. Well...how could I refuse. So, I said as long as they let me bring in my own whiskey (I'm not poor, but I'm not stupid either) and watch, I am in. Went in, the boy went to get ready, and I was shocked - by the time the show started there was not a seat to be had. The front row was all Chinese ladies drinking and ogling boys. Perhaps the poster of this 'post' is simply jealous because other ethnicities have money besides us white boys. Moral of the story - customers go where they are treated well. There are plenty of us in Pattaya - we are just tired of being taken advantage of and treated poorly in many of the surrounding bars. It is no wonder that some places stay empty - even in high season - while others prosper.

By the way- after the big cock show - me and my boy went back to Panorama (where they had held our table) - finished our bottle of whiskey - and then proceeded to our room where we had some great fun.

Cheers!

November 7th, 2013, 12:52
Sounds like this bored. Two posts in the past 24 hours.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2013, 20:43
Well, there's a limit on how often you can say the sky is falling down - even Chicken Licken, Henny Penny, and Turkey Lurkey cease to believe it eventually

Sooty
November 8th, 2013, 13:57
Lolita?

loke
November 11th, 2013, 21:02
I was there last week and the "customers" you see hanging in the bars are the old local expats , or the farang owners of the bars.

I was sitting outside having a few drinks and observed the traffic flow of customers , and not a lot of them, except for the old locals that seems to be the regulars having a drink in their favourite bar. Maybe some days are busier than others but I cant imagine there is a lot of business in these Sunnee bars now .

High season coming up and it will be better, anyway I go there to have fun with the boys not the local expats.