PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum

Gunner
October 27th, 2013, 10:27
hi guys
I am new to the forum (joined today). I will be making my first visit to BKK next week.
Need some very basic advce
- what is "offed"....I keep seeing it relating to gogo bars.?
- if i find someone on GR how does that work...are the all rent boys or are some simply looking for sex?
- How do the saunas and massage places differ from gogo?

Im only there a few days...any advice would be awesome.

For background. I am late 30s, decent shape
Thanks G

October 27th, 2013, 13:16
I am late 30s, decent shapeI'd be careful if I were you, some of our more decrepit members are likely to make you an offer.

arsenal
October 27th, 2013, 19:06
My first is in Timmberty but not in jinks.
My second is in aRsenal but but not in a447.
My third is in scOttish-guy but not in n.irish.
My fourth is in neaL but not in surfcrest.
My fifth is in manforaLlseasons but not in undaunted.

Jellybean
October 27th, 2013, 21:52
Hmm ... rather inventive post arsenal. It brought back memories of the first тАШXтАЩ rated movie I ever saw, it was called Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price.

WhatтАЩs that got to do with arsenalтАЩs post? Well if, by chance, we were ever called upon to elect a member to the post of Trollfinder General, then my vote would go, without any hesitation, to arsenal. :)

scottish-guy
October 27th, 2013, 22:10
I'm not sure Arsenal would relish searching the suspects for a "third pap"

:-s

focusedinthai
October 28th, 2013, 11:47
Hey Gunner;

Since nobody else seems to be able to read and interpret your post, let me assure you that you did ask questions in perfectly good English - so let me give it a brief stab.

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun as a newbie in Bangkok! I lived there for several years, then Chiang Mai, and finally settled in Essan. For Bangkok, it is a good safe introduction into the land of Thai go-go bars - but be careful. That being said - if you haven't booked your hotel - make sure you stay in the Silom Area. There is a gay friendly hotel in the area can Tarantawan (if I spelled that correctly). I am not endorsing them or anything - so look them up for yourselves - but since you are new, it would be a safe place to stay as they check all of the boys you bring to the room, and then they check back with you again before the boy is allowed to leave.

The GOGO bars on in Suriwong on Soi Twilight. Take your wallet - it's not cheap! One drink in the gogo bar will set you back 270-300 baht depending on the mood of the bar that night I suppose. Then, of course there is all the drinks you will buy for the boys. When you see a boy you like in the bar, but either wave them over, or tell the service the boys number. If you decide you want to take him with you, that will be the 'off' you are talking about. That is usually about 500 baht, although I think Classic Boys might be 400 baht - I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Then - go and have fun.

If you have time on your hands, there are a few beer bars you can sit and drink at for 100baht a drink. Banana Bar is on the corner and if you are there by about 730pm, you will see all of the gogo boys heading to work - kind of like a front row seat at a parade.

For Gay Romeo - let me encourage you to read through that topic on the forum. In Bangkok, you have some on GR that are money boys, and others that are just your normal horny Thai boys - many of them in University. If you are in good shape - post your picture on your profile, and you will probably have Thai boys lining up to go on a date with you no strings attached. Usually - and I do say Usually - money would come up before a meeting if they are money boys - but I guess that saying about being careful what you ass-u-me rings true here.

Like many of the guys on this forum, I know many of the staff on Soi Twlight - so let me know if I can be of any help while you are here. It is fun, though, just to explore on your own and see what happens.

Where are you heading after Bangkok?

Cheers!

hi guys
I am new to the forum (joined today). I will be making my first visit to BKK next week.
- if i find someone on GR how does that work...are the all rent boys or are some simply looking for sex?

Thanks G

TravellerDave
October 29th, 2013, 06:06
Gunner - that's excellent advice from focusedinthai.
He mentions the Tarantawan Hotel, where I stayed for a few days during my September trip to Thailand. I loved the place, although it's not particularly cheap it's excellent value, having nice room oms and a great buffet breakfast. I can confirm its gay friendly - I brought boys back to my room every night. It's a little difficult to locate and the taxi I used from the Victory monument bus station (coming from Pattaya) could not find it. It's tucked away in a side Soi, which I got to on foot.
My impression is that Gayromeo is not used as much in Bkk as it is in Pattaya for contacting Thai boys, but then I spend most of my trips in Pattaya, which is cheaper and by the sea. Having made contact on GR by message it's best to speak on the phone to get a better impression of the boy and to tell him what you are looking for and also to establish his location and availability. It will also probably become apparent if he is a money boy !.

discord87
October 31st, 2013, 14:39
hi guys

Thanks G

Hey Gunner,

I'm quite the newbie as well, so I can't really give you that many advice but here are a few things I think you should know:

1. Just remember, when you "off" a bar boy (as focusedinthai explained) you'll have to tip him after the fun is over. If you only plan to have a quick fun, the usual tip I think is between 1,500-2,000 bath. If you plan to have him for the night, it'll be between 2,000-3,000 I think. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys here can correct me if I'm wrong.

2. I've been to Bangkok twice and on both occasions I stayed at Silom. That's where the gay scene is. The 1st time I was there I stayed at Silom Serene. The hotel was great, the staffs were friendly and they don't charge and "joiner fees" (some hotel will charge you extra if you bring in a guest for the night). The 2nd time I was there I stayed at Luxx (Silom). I wouldn't really recommend this place though. If you don't mind a slightly pricier place, go for Tarntawan Place. I've never actually stayed there, but I've read a lot of good reviews about the hotel and its staffs.

3. While it is easier to get guys from GR, either moneyboys or guys who're just horny, I think all first timers should at least experience the gogo bars in Bangkok. My first time was late last year and it was a great experience! :-)

4. I've only been to one sauna in Bangkok before. I guess to me the main difference is that action in saunas is not guaranteed, and very much depends on each other's preferences. And almost all the time fun is consensual, without any question of paying your partner. If you're an attractive guy, you'll probably be able to have fun at saunas without much difficulty (although I've read somewhere that Thai guys in saunas usually prefer having fun with Thai guys, and not so much foreigners).

5. Personally, I don't think massage parlors are all that different from gogo bars. You can still pick your guy, have him give you a massage and later on have fun (although some of these guys probably have more limitations when it comes to having fun i.e only giving handjobs, or only allowing you to give them blowjobs). The only thing missing I suppose would be the shows that you'll find in gogo bars, and the crowd just having a good time (or in some cases, not that great of a time). :-)

Hope that helps a little. Have a great time exploring Bangkok, man. :-) I'm already looking forward to my next trip in April 2014.

fizamalik
November 2nd, 2013, 12:50
Hi friends my name is FizaMalik. i am new here i recently join this great community this is great forum to get information i read out all the threads on this forum and get pretty knowledge and also shared my knowledge in this forum....

kalabao55
November 2nd, 2013, 14:15
Gunnar,
most of what is important for you to know right now has been posted already, but let me add one remark on saunas.
There is the main gay area around Silom and there are two more remote areas named Saphan Kwai and Ramkhanghan.
In Saphan Kwai and Ramkhanghan area you will find more thais interested in thais than in foreigners, and from my experience these guys
dont show up in Silom area that much. But going there with a thai boyfriend can be a lot of fun, even though - this at least counts for me -
you can┬┤t follow their conversations. I have been taken there there for some parties by thai friends and it was a lot of fun - but I┬┤d not bother
to go there alone.
As long as you are in Silom area you will be meeting more thais interested in foreigners and there are several saunas in that area. I recommend you
dont miss Babylon Sauna, it is one of the most famous gay saunas in the world and it is a lot of fun. It is more than unlikely that you will leave there
without having fun. Of course there are moneyboys too - but no need to deal with them there.
So - have a georgious time.

Patanawet
November 2nd, 2013, 16:19
Well, there's a coincidence.
A post by a new member who calls himself 'Gunner' gets a very cryptic reply from one called 'Arsenal'.
For those of you not into The Beautiful Game, Gunners is the nickname for Arsenal football club.

arsenal
November 2nd, 2013, 18:40
A rat was smelled immediately and not just by me. This entire thread seems to be 'newbies' talking to each other.

Patanawet
November 3rd, 2013, 01:37
This entire thread seems to be 'newbies' talking to each other.
Oh yes, I see that now.
Also, it's taken me only 8 hours to solve your cryptogram (is that the word?). Very good.

kalabao55
November 3rd, 2013, 02:43
Jee, I spoiled the chance of a good response to this, cause the only good response to this would have been no response at all..but now that I am logged in.......

Dont know about anybody else, but I am who I said I am.

Anybody who has doubts, look for me in Jomtien next week, talk to me, lets have a drink, I am a friendly person. I am easy to recognize, just look at my avatar and you know what I do look like.

Surfcrest
November 3rd, 2013, 03:20
A warm welcome is extended to all of our new members!

Surfcrest

timmberty
November 3rd, 2013, 13:28
This entire thread seems to be 'newbies' talking to each other.
Oh yes, I see that now.
Also, it's taken me only 8 hours to solve your cryptogram (is that the word?). Very good.

arsenal thinks anyone who is a new member is an automatic troll, its one way to ensure no new blood enters the forum. it also makes it easier to read his troll posts.
2 new members talking to each other, well i never !!! but better for 2 new members to be able to chat with each other rather than being ignored by everyone else and being called a troll/s