PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya - Where to buy eye glasses

davidwilsoon
October 20th, 2013, 09:00
I fell and my eye glasses were damaged. They are useable but I think I need to get another pair. Where / Who is a good vendor? I have progressives. Can these lenses be made in Thailand (Pattaya) for a reasonable price? I don't have the prescription.

Thanks

francois
October 20th, 2013, 11:06
http://www.eurooptic-thailand.com/

On Second Rd in Pattaya across from Royal Garden.

bobsaigon2
October 20th, 2013, 11:45
You might want to consider having an exam by an opthalmologist at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or elsewhere, then take the prescription to eurooptic.

adman5000
October 20th, 2013, 19:55
I have always used Tops Charoen. They may be a bit higher priced but I have always gotten good and prompt service and they have shops in many cities in Thailand. They carry progressive lens glasses and frequently run specials. There is a shop off Beach Road as I recall near PAn Pan Pizza as I recall on one of the walkways intersecting with Beach Road.

I also scan my prescriptions, etc and put into an email to myself, so I can always access it wherever I go and not have to worry about losing the piece of paper. Perhaps too late for this time, but something to consider in future visits.

francois
October 20th, 2013, 21:47
david; assuming your lens are intact the prescription can be copied from them. But if an old script then better to have an eye exam, etc.

zubes
October 20th, 2013, 23:16
Avoid Top Charon like the plague! I broke my frames on my progressive glasses and took them into Top Charon for a new frame, they said they couldn't repair the titanium frame but had frames that would fit. After a couple of days I got my glasses back but something was not right, I went to eurooptic and they said they could repair the old frame but when we removed the lenses they had been cut to fit and were useless. In the end I wore a spare pair of single vision glasses and when I went home got two new pairs.

egel
October 21st, 2013, 21:38
An arm on my glasses gave out. I went to one of those shops on Second Road near Boyztown and left it for repair.
When I got home I found that they had fitted a new arm but without a backspring... and the arm didnt operate properly.
So I went returned.
The guy went out to the back and worked on it for about 15 mins and gave them back to me . It was straightened but again with no backspring. I muttered "Oh Fuck it, OK",with the intention of getting a new arm fitted when I got home to the UK. I put them in the case and went back to my apartment.
When I opened the case later I saw the bastard had put a 1/2 in gouge right across one of the lens. Presumably with a screwdriver while he tried to bodge the arm. Totally goosed.
The upshot was that the loss of one arm cost me a whole new pair of varifocal lens and frames...about ┬г450.
So...leave it until you are next at home, or of you live permantly in Thailand, well... good luck!

davidwilsoon
October 29th, 2013, 17:35
Thank guys.

I emailed my optometrist and I got the prescription.

I was very impressed with Dr. Maria Abalon at EuroOptic.

I purchased a new pair of glasses which will be ready next week.

Thanks for your assistance.