View Full Version : Any recent experience staying Baan Souy

frequentflier
January 16th, 2012, 07:11
Its nice to read a positive revue of this place Hope they do well there..

sattahip-old
January 16th, 2012, 15:17
I stayed, if only for one night, just after it opened.
Was given a tour of the place and very impressed by the quality of everything.

Room was spacious, poolside and had everything you might want,

Transport is good with motosai and baht bus 200 metres up at Thappraya Road. Halfway between South Pattaya bars, shopping and entertainment and Jomtien beach and gay venues.

Manager Hugh is a Pattaya stalwart and very helpful in handling enquiries, onward booking etc.

Well done Gordon and Jim

soi_toi
January 19th, 2012, 09:31
Special rates can be had by clicking on the link in Sawatdee Gay Forum for our Agoda advertisements and then selecting Baan Souy Resort in Pattaya.

Ban Souy looks like the perfect hideaway from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya.

I don't see any difference between the rates offered on the regular Agoda site or by following the link, in fact the url's and rates are exactly the same. Is there a trick to this?

Surfcrest
January 19th, 2012, 11:33
Sometimes Agoda gets specials and of course if you go through this forum to make any travel or hotel reservations, a small commission is paid, which helps with the costs of the website.

paulfort
October 12th, 2013, 17:22
I was thinking about a change from Mosiak on my visit to Thailand next month, has any one stayed there recently and how do you rate it......

Take it no issue bringing a friend back - probably a daft question!

Are they flexible at all on rates for a 9 night stay?

Is the inclusive breakfast any good and available all day?

How easy is it to get back from Boys Town late at night as I think a fair walk?

Are the balcony rooms same as those on ground floor, so your just paying a bit more for the Balcony?

Is it pretty well exclusively gay, so relaxing if with a Thai boy friend?

Are drinks by the pool and food fairly priced

Any thoughts really welcome

Dani69
October 12th, 2013, 18:29
Stay there every time in my opinion one of the best in Pattaya
Just booked again for all of January- they do good rates for long stays on pool side studios but I think its min 4 weeks to qualify
They also have 3 new long stay 1 bed apartments which I looked at last time but I prefer to be by the pool.
Paid 900 baht a day for 4 weeks stay last May but in Jan will have to pay 1100 per day but its worth every baht
Also with long stay you dont get breakfast and have to pay electricity as well last time 1000 baht
As regards joiners no problem but strictly over 18 and they keep id card until you tell them all ok
Drinks and food prices are average and all the staff are excellent
Motorbike taxi available top of the road 2 min walk from Resort
Give it a go you wont regret it .

atri1666
October 13th, 2013, 11:37
Wow really a good offer. You pay 33000 baht for one month without breakfast and electricity extra.

Dani69
October 13th, 2013, 16:58
Wow really a good offer. You pay 33000 baht for one month without breakfast and electricity extra.

Yes correct. :party

TravellerDave
October 13th, 2013, 22:49
That is a hell of a good rate. I had been checking the BAAN Souy prices for January and they are quoting 2500 per night, which seems OK for a quality place like this.
It's very close to Samsuk Sauna. Possibly 20 minutes walk to Boystown. Always a few motor bike taxis available, but not everyone is OK. With them. Getting to Sunee is more difficult.

timmberty
October 13th, 2013, 23:12
sorry dave, how do you work out its easy to get to boystown from there but not to sunee ?
surely you take the exact same route to both places, with the only difference being getting off a bit sooner (if on a baht bus) (if on a moto taxi then directions are no problem at all) at the v.c. hotel and taking a 2 minute walk to get to sunee.
if walking its much quicker to get to sunee than boystown, im sure anyone whos managed to take a walk around that part of pattaya wont need me giving directions as to the fastest route.

egel
October 14th, 2013, 00:56
Had a look around, nice.
Not exclusivley gay though, many straights stay there. See the remarks in the Review sites.

TravellerDave
October 14th, 2013, 02:13
Timmberty

Yes on reflection I agree that if you have no problem walking VC hotel to Sunee there is not much difference, although I think the walk would be more like 5 minutes, dodging the motor bikes. For those for whom walking is difficult Boystown is more accessible.
Having just bought my flight for 15 January I'm thinking about accommodation. Baan Souy could be a good option, even though it's more baht than I usually pay. Boystown and Sunee can be too noisy and I would prefer to be in Pattaya rather than Jontien.

Dani69
October 14th, 2013, 16:33
That is a hell of a good rate. I had been checking the BAAN Souy prices for January and they are quoting 2500 per night, which seems OK for a quality place like this.
It's very close to Samsuk Sauna. Possibly 20 minutes walk to Boystown. Always a few motor bike taxis available, but not everyone is OK. With them. Getting to Sunee is more difficult.

Once again I think this rate is only available for stays of 4 weeks or more. This rate is for a pool side studio, They also have 3 long stay apartments @ 28,000 per month which I looked at but they have no view of the pool area .

Booking confirmation - Baan Souy Resort, Pattaya, Thailand.

Dear Daniel:

We are happy to confirm your booking at Baan Souy Resort.

Your reservation number is **** arriving on 03/01/2014 and departing on 01/02/2014

1100THB a night + Electricitity (7THB/Unit) , No breakfast.

Thank you very much for choosing Baan Souy Resort for your next stay.

For any further information do not hesitate to contact us again and please "Like" us on http://www.facebook.com/BaanSouyResort to follow our news and events.

Warmest Regards,

Carlos Medina.

Assistant Manager

Description: Description: Description: Description: http://www.baansouy.com/baan-souy-logo.png

http://www.BaanSouy.com

Tel: +66 (0)38 364 580/1

Fax +66 (0)38 252 168

308/3 Moo 10, Soi 15, Thappraya Road

Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand 20150

Alex303
October 15th, 2013, 01:47
Dave, you might want to look into Sansuk again as all the re-modelling will be wrapped up by then....the new wing & rooms sound very good (i'm booked in over Christmas).

Timmberty

Yes on reflection I agree that if you have no problem walking VC hotel to Sunee there is not much difference, although I think the walk would be more like 5 minutes, dodging the motor bikes. For those for whom walking is difficult Boystown is more accessible.
Having just bought my flight for 15 January I'm thinking about accommodation. Baan Souy could be a good option, even though it's more baht than I usually pay. Boystown and Sunee can be too noisy and I would prefer to be in Pattaya rather than Jontien.

Brad the Impala
October 15th, 2013, 02:32
WHO IS MEDDLING?

First this thread was initiated by a poster who dares not speak his name, 18 months ago. His post was deleted but still quoted in Soi Toi's response, under his name(that dare not be spoken). At this point Scottish Guy who had responded to the opening post, was left answering a question that didn't appear to have been asked!

Now Scottish Guy's post has disappeared, meaning that at least the opening two posts have been deleted! While he who dare not speak his name has had his name removed from Soi Toi's quote, although the quote remains, but anonymous!

So the thread now opens with Frequent Flyer being pleased with a positive review.....even though not only the positive review has been removed, but also the opening post asking for a review!

What merry webs are weaved..........Perhaps this is the effect of the new technology.

paulfort
October 15th, 2013, 04:40
I can only agree with Brad's point as appears odd from my side!
I asked the question with a new post for more info on Baan Souy on Saturday, after one helpfull reply, my question appears to have been dropped into a thread from ages ago - really not sure why!
Either way a lot of positive reviews appear to come out about this place, they have been very helpfull in their direct reply to me, so planning on giving it a try next month - and happy to feedback!

paulfort
December 8th, 2013, 19:59
Thanks for all the advise on Baan Souy, guys

Just to let you know I spent nine fantastic nights there last month and couldnt fault the place at all....

The service from Jim and all his team was excelent, the pool was great fun duuring the day and my concerns re the location and access too & from Boystown were unfounded - in fact the location was excelent as a pleasant walk via Jomtien Park to the beach and moterbike taxis pleantiful from just out side the hotel to get you in to town on an evening!

I would certainly not hesitate to return next time I am in Pattaya!