PDA

View Full Version : What about Khon Kaen ?

brlumpet-old
October 9th, 2013, 05:40
Hi
I heard that gay life in Khon Kaen is more intense than one might think. Someone could share his experience ? Thank you and best regards

gregvc
October 9th, 2013, 12:04
a few months ago I went to KK- The Beach sauna was busy (not the same as Babylon but nice guys), walked past Dolphin and will try next time and a new sauna Mun-day. I imagine for many, a taste of real Thai gays rather than money boys.

pong
October 10th, 2013, 17:37
2 or 3 gay sauna, 1 club-and thats about it. Has very large young isany student population (the girls are doing much better in study-as befits the general Thai way of doing things), thus plenty of meet by chance. Largest town of whole Isan, so simply functions as the main centre- or like an oasis in the desert.
More aimed at what the white farang wants is Udon Thanee, about 120 kms north of it- even with take-away boybars.
ChMai is roughly about as large as KhKh, but has more gay places and more diversified, counted as per head of population.

cdnmatt
October 12th, 2013, 19:38
If you goto Khon Kaen, make sure you eat at Polmoderos. Just ask a tuk-tuk to take you to Tukom, and from there, ask around where Polmoderos is, and they'll point you in the direction, only about 200m away. Absolute best pasta I've ever had in my life though. It's owned by an older Italian guy, and he cooks it fresh every night.

As for a gay scene, I have a no idea. I know where there's a gay sauna, but I've never been. I've heard there's a gay massage somewhere, but don't know where it is. From what I know, there's no actual gay bars here, but according to above I may be wrong. There's loads of gay people floating around. Just keep your eye out for them, as they're generally not hard to spot.

Nirish guy
October 12th, 2013, 20:06
If I may be so bold ( and hope it's ok Surfcrest) ....if anyone's looking for a nice hotel in Khon Kaen can I recommend the Orchid Hotel, it's owned by a guy I know who used to live here in Northern Ireland, who after a break up with his wife here and his having just one short holiday trip to Thailand thought "fuck it, I need to change my life thing" and upped sticks and moved over night to Thailand !. He stayed in Pattaya for a while and spent a small fortune on fun and games there but realised for something more long term and before he blew what money we'd brought over with him that he'd need to get out of there so he randomly moved to Khon Kaen, bought a small hotel with his new thai girlfriend there and has never looked back. That was about 5/6 years ago now and after visiting him last year for a while I'm pleased to say he's still loving life there.l

He designed and built the hotel himself so it's quite western in its style, furniture and comfort levels etc and the beds are great.... SO comfortable. Luckily for him the new big shopping centre that was opened in KK a few years back is right beside then so they are very central, so if you're heading that way and need somewhere to stop that's clean, comfortable and sensibly priced and I can personally recommend it. He's also great guy and gay friendly etc so may well be able to point you in the direction of where to go of an evening for some fun.

Their website is below should anyone be interested.

http://www.khonkaenorchid.com