PDA

View Full Version : Is It Time To Rethink Thailand for retirement and vacations?

Manforallseasons
October 9th, 2013, 01:51
Thailand has changed so much in the last decade one should think very carefully about settling here or even visiting here, nothing lasts forever, and I believe that time has come for some rethinking.

Sex scene is a mere remnant of its former self, and due to inflation and the devaluation of many currencies makes it no longer a very inexpensive destination.

stevehadders
October 9th, 2013, 03:15
It has changed yes.....but where is better?

gaymandenmark
October 9th, 2013, 03:22
This is a mantra for MFAS.
His time for rethinking has been the same for many years.

dab69
October 9th, 2013, 03:42
and if he no longer goes to TH,
he does't have to post here anymore

Marsilius
October 9th, 2013, 11:42
Where does he say he no longer goes there? He says he may be reconsidering the idea...

Manforallseasons
October 9th, 2013, 12:27
"It has changed yes.....but where is better?"(quote)stevehadders

This is the quandary!

Manforallseasons
October 9th, 2013, 12:30

Did you take your medication today?

MiniMee
October 9th, 2013, 13:52

I think you have confused MFAS with scottish-guy.

scottish-guy
October 9th, 2013, 15:50
...but there's no confusing you with a troll.

:hello2:

latintopxxx
October 9th, 2013, 16:38
...now all the trolls are coming out of the woodwork...totally thread killer...all these snide comments...people try to be nice..actually works..

stevehadders
October 9th, 2013, 18:07
I first visited arouind 15 years ago and have been approx 46 times in those years to Thailand, primarily to Pattaya but also fitting in trips during my holidy to all over the kingdom.

My main observation, like all, is that the Country is generally well priced for accommodation and food, and that the weather is still as pleasant as ever although seems to be a little more unpredictable (as everywhere), and the beaches and historical side provide relaxation and interest - the same could be said of Cambodia, which is cheaper. I guess the real change for most on this forum is the gay scene - the numbers on it and the price of beer / entertainment. For me there is still plenty of selection to choose from in terms of boys - although not as many as before (the economy has grown tremendously over last 15 years) and not as many in bars with more working solely on internet eg GR etc. ..... so yes not as much variety but cant think of another country where there is so much so easily and quickly available .....in most major cities you can find Oriental, Latino, East European eyc (in LOndon there are many hundred if not thousands) - but you pay lot more and have to arrange in advance (unless you are in Earls court and pop into the Villa of course :) ). In terms of bars etc - yes they are more expensive than before, but hey where can you find such great places to pass the time?

In short, I think we should really be thankful we saw some of the golden years (and sure many of you saw even better times than me), but be grateful and have happy memories of that era but remember that the country is still very unique with much to offer for those on holiday or living there

Brad the Impala
October 10th, 2013, 02:04
.in most major cities you can find Oriental, Latino, East European eyc (in LOndon there are many hundred if not thousands) - but you pay lot more and have to arrange in advance (unless you are in Earls court and pop into the Villa of course :) )

This sounds interesting. A casual throwaway line about the Villa. Tell us more..............

stevehadders
October 10th, 2013, 02:18
The villa.....Used to be called Villa Gianni in the garden apartment of a house in Earls Court ...now known as VG Club I believe....hit the headlines many times with several MPs and the BP Chief who met their paid for handsome chaps there and later got into trouble or outed by them to newspapers for cash....all to do with selecting from a double mirror. Several rooms to use...all very pleasant and well worth a trip if in London

stevehadders
October 10th, 2013, 02:22
Www.villagianni.com (http://Www.villagianni.com). If you wish I can open up a thread in the other forum and recount my alleged experiences

Brad the Impala
October 10th, 2013, 02:49
Certainly interested to hear of your alleged exploits. Sounds an interesting place. There was once a "massage" place in that street that was run by a rather handsome,charming and quite vain Thai man, who was extremely short sighted, but refused to wear glasses. I knew him from Bangkok where he was always kindly offering to take you into army barracks overnight for fun. I should have tried it, once at least.

egel
October 10th, 2013, 04:01
If you wish I can open up a thread in the other forum and recount my alleged experiences
Yes please.
Is it open again after the newspaper revelations? I thought it had closed for good, but I may be wrong.

dab69
October 10th, 2013, 06:50

Did you take your medication today?

Certainly not enough to look at your avatar.
Together with a whiney worded post is just too much.
One or the other, but not both.

Sooty
October 10th, 2013, 14:17
Is this a new Forum rule? If a poster no longer goes to Thailand they're not allowed to post? Surfcrest, what is Forum policy on this?

scottish-guy
October 10th, 2013, 15:35
Apparently it's MiniMee's & Dab69's rule - and (certainly as far as MiniMee is concerned) that missing even 1 year in 15 constitutes 'not visiting Thailand any more', therefore removing your right to comment on anything without snide remarks being made.

I think this new forum rule ought actually to be named (jointly) in honour of MiniMee and Dab69 - I think you'll find that Bid Mi Enema 96 is a suitable anagram to honour them both.

:hello2:

dab69
October 12th, 2013, 05:01
Is this a new Forum rule? If a poster no longer goes to Thailand they're not allowed to post? Surfcrest, what is Forum policy on this?

Most people of average intelligence could find this on their own.
Since this is Sooty, and Surfcrest is clearly ignoring him
I leave the following link:

posting-guidelines-too-t2 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-too-t2)

Upon checking I am happy to find there is no
lower threshold limit on IQ for membership as well,
so his membership is safe for now.

Perhaps he could find someone with lots of patience to explain how
"doesn't have to post" and "cannot post" are different- in words that he can comprehend (oops- sorry for the big word)

Sooty
October 12th, 2013, 10:12
You do know how to spell multi-syllable words and phrases like "fuckwit", "rhetorical question" and "posters with numerals in their names are among my favourite ones when it comes to chain yanking" dab69?

joe552
October 12th, 2013, 16:47
can I join that club Sooty?