PDA

View Full Version : Sept/Oct trip report

colmx
October 8th, 2013, 04:40
Hi All
Back nearly a week from my most recent trip so time for a quick trip report before it becomes old news!

Bkk:
Stayed in the Rose hotel in Bkk for1 night, it rained all night so we didn't really get a chance to visit too many places
Silom soi 4 and Soi Twilight were both Dead (on a Thursday night)
Busiest place in Silom that night was the Irish Pub!
Visited Classic boys and Super-A... Nothing of note in either bar
I stopped at the massage place near tarntawan place and was quoted 950B for an hour of oil massage... which i politely declined!

Pattaya:
As per our last few trips we stayed in MyView Condo in South Pattaya near Tuk.com
800B + utilities per night for a 80 SQM 1 bedroom condo... Nice big bed with plenty of room for 4 (tried it on more than one occasion!)
Unfortunately they are booked out at New Year so we will have to find an alternative home next trip

Gogos:
Visited most Gogo bars at least once on this trip... with the exception of Eros and Hapy Boys - which i never got time to visit
MicMy:
Back open again under new ownership, no trace of underage here any more... I am told the boss is a police man - not sure if thats correct or not... but all boys there are def 18 up

Nice Boys:
Shadow of is former self... gone from having 40 boys to 12-15 boys... and none very pretty or handsome

Krazy Dragon:
Back open as a gogo bar. The boys there were mostly gay boys not a bit shy... even though i was sitting with my BF they were very forward. No sign of the Tuktuk drivers of old!

City Boys:
Mamasan "Em" still running here... no sign of underage.. 3 guys there that i like, one of whom i was with back at songkran. I sent a waiter friend back to secretly off another of the guys that i liked there... I invited my Off to call some of his friends to come the disco... of course he called my previous off... but great fun was still had...
we had 12 in dave that night, 5 from MicMy and 4 from City boys... They decided to have a shirtless dance off on the stage! :party

Cupidol:
Lots of guys working there now compared to my last trip... and lots of handsome guys. Seems only Tyboys and BBB have more boys than here...

Lucky7:
Gone from one of my favourite hunting spots to complete desolation... there are only 8 boys working there now...I heard that the whole block would close soon for demolition (unconfirmed)

Kawaii:
Also a shadow of its former self... seems all the tuktuk drivers have moved there!

Vasaa:
Another quite intimidating bar for those that are of a timid nature... lots of cute boys there though... and like Krazy dragon all very full on... but good fun!

Happy Place:
Only a few boys working there on the occasion i visited. I heard that there is an informal boycott of the location by a lot of expats and visitors due to the despicable behaviour of its ex-owner. Which is a pity as the guys there are a friendly bunch

Wild West Boys:
Visited only once. At first there was nobody on stage and we were about to leave... Suddenly 12 boys appeared out from behind the curtains. 4 of which were immediately offable for me. BF also like 2. I offed one guy who ended up with BF and I that night... he was unbelievably great fun in Dave (his first visit there) and also great performance in Bed.

A-Bomb:
Same same always. Athletic and masculine guys. Don't go too early as most of the guys there are freelancers and only come to work around 21.30
I find the manager there very good at telling the truth!

Boyzboyzboyz:
What a transformation. Maybe 40 boys working there. The old guys are still there - although some of the REALLY old ones are now gone... along with some newer more athletic guys and some skinnier twinky boys. The boys now rotate much faster than previously so its possible to see all thats on offer in 30 mins.
Also the place is much more high energy than before... quite similar to a Bkk bar.
Lek (previously of Dude, Dave and Holiday2 bar) is now working as Mamasan there... I also find him good at telling the truth

Funny Boys:
Same same always.. they could do with an injection of some newer, younger blood. Some of the guys there can be quite arrogant or stand offish.

Toy Boys:
Definately the standout bar of Pattaya still. A lot of the boys there are "clones" of each other... But there is also a great variety.

Bowling:
We went bowling in the avenue one sat night.
It was 20.00 and they had a promotion going
1200B for 2 hours bowling for 4 people + 100 Pipers + French fries + Sushi plate
Mixers were on top of the price
In the end we got in 3 full games and paid 1900B for the 2 hours (additional mixers, shoe hire, socks purchase + additional food)
This seemed like a bargain to me compared to other times i have been bowling (usually 150B per person per game)
Its a pity they don't give out massage vouchers as i was crippled the next day!

Night Life:
Hollywood:
We went only one time this visit, all the songs in the show were either j-pop or k-pop. None of our group enjoyed the show.

Dave:
Back open again after a re-model. The re-model is mortly around the stage area and lighting. Not as many cute coyotes as before... and some can be a complete pain in the ass looking for coyote drinks.
We went there most nights - mostly because we bought a promotion: 10,000B for 10 Litres of Johnnie Walker Red + 20% discount card for all mixers.
It seemed like a great idea at the time... but when you have pre-paid for whiskey like that - its way to easy to decide to open a 2nd/3rd bottle in the same night- which can get very expensive!

NAB:
Definately the place to be seen in Pattaya and the most popular venue these days. We went one night and it was great... another night it was a bit of a let down

Idol:
A shadow of its former self. We went 2 saturdays nights and it was dead on both occasions.

Tum Nan Chon:
BF likes to go here... i am not much of a fan as its always so cramped. Still as busy as ever...
The cute singer that used to sing Maroon 5 "one more night" is no longer there :-(

Tum Nan Issan:
As usual crawling with Issan boys. Visited twice and even brought a virgin Martin911 there... Unfortunately the night in question the aircon was broken so it was not as good as it could have been... but still plenty of eye candy!

Misc:
I notice that Kids hair Salon - across from colonial is now under new ownership and no longer a "gay" establishment... no idea where Kid went... but he was always a very funny guy... and always had cute customers!

4 Somes:
Christian had has with 3 x mocy drivers... Mine was with a Coyote, BF and a friend of ours... Lets just say that all the stars lined up very well that night and there was nobody just chuk wow'ing that night! :party :party
Ok thats all for now!

colmx
October 8th, 2013, 05:00
i forgot to add:
Massages:
Only went for 1 massage - in Relax@me at the back of tuk.com
Of course despite all teh cute boys there i ended up with the fugly one and the massage was over in 50 minutes
Afterwards a got a heap of messages on GR from all the boys working there "why you not pick me"
I have no idea how to specify which masseur you want in these places?

Somjit at the Tuk.com side entrance also always has a bunch of cute boys sitting outside... every time we went past on the motorbike except the one time i wanted to go there... that day there was just a long haired ladyboy type!

Crusing apps:
Gayromeo def the best way to meet Thai MBs or Thais in general
The guys on Grindr tend to be less MBs
Jack'd and grindr def the best way to meet non Thai gays. One night when we were in Idol my Jack'd message box was full of messages from chinese tourists that were staying nearby and looking for a quick hook up away from their tourist friends!

Flight Etiquette:
On my outbound journey from AMS to BKK the man with the smelliest feet ever sat in the same row as me... It was a row of 3 seats and middle seat was empty

I think he was chinese, as soon as he sat down i noticed he was wearing a pair of grubby old trainers and no socks. Soon after take off he took off his shoes and put them inteh gap between our 2 seats.... i early passed out with the smell. Later he puthis foot ito the gap bwtween the chairs in front... in case the guys up front wanted to also smell him... what a dirty fucker!

What would you do in this case?

bucknaway
October 8th, 2013, 05:37
I love your trip reports!

firecat69
October 8th, 2013, 14:45
Great report and will save me some wasted time going into Bars. Also I will give WWB one more chance to see if 3 can turn into 12 like it did for you but certainly not for me.

Alex303
October 9th, 2013, 03:51
Nice trip report Colmx....sounds like a whole lot of fun was had !

RonanTheBarbarian
October 9th, 2013, 04:09
Thanks for the trip report.

Short but informative!

As for the smelly feet situation, i dunno what i would do...maybe ask to move if there was seats elsewhere...

anonone
October 9th, 2013, 04:37
Awesome trip report. Concise, yet has all the relevant details...and a fun read to boot. Nice !

Hi All
Back nearly a week from my most recent trip so time for a quick trip report before it becomes old news!

Pattaya:
As per our last few trips we stayed in MyView Condo in South Pattaya near Tuk.com
800B + utilities per night for a 80 SQM 1 bedroom condo... Nice big bed with plenty of room for 4 (tried it on more than one occasion!)
Unfortunately they are booked out at New Year so we will have to find an alternative home next trip

Curious about this as I would like to find another suitable place to stay...mind answering a few questions?

Do they provide daily maid service (clean towels, etc)? Either included or at a charge?
Is the bed fairly decent? Not concrete like Mosaic?
Is there a 24 hour reception setup? BF and I sometimes go our separate ways for a bit and it is very nice to have a place to drop off/pick up the key. Never sure which one of us is going to make it back to the room first.

Gogos:

Krazy Dragon:
Back open as a gogo bar. The boys there were mostly gay boys not a bit shy... even though i was sitting with my BF they were very forward. No sign of the Tuktuk drivers of old!

City Boys:
Mamasan "Em" still running here... no sign of underage.. 3 guys there that i like, one of whom i was with back at songkran. I sent a waiter friend back to secretly off another of the guys that i liked there... I invited my Off to call some of his friends to come the disco... of course he called my previous off... but great fun was still had...
we had 12 in dave that night, 5 from MicMy and 4 from City boys... They decided to have a shirtless dance off on the stage! :party

Cupidol:
Lots of guys working there now compared to my last trip... and lots of handsome guys. Seems only Tyboys and BBB have more boys than here...

Vasaa:
Another quite intimidating bar for those that are of a timid nature... lots of cute boys there though... and like Krazy dragon all very full on... but good fun!

Wild West Boys:
Visited only once. At first there was nobody on stage and we were about to leave... Suddenly 12 boys appeared out from behind the curtains. 4 of which were immediately offable for me. BF also like 2. I offed one guy who ended up with BF and I that night... he was unbelievably great fun in Dave (his first visit there) and also great performance in Bed.

Funny Boys:
Same same always.. they could do with an injection of some newer, younger blood. Some of the guys there can be quite arrogant or stand offish.

Toy Boys:
Definately the standout bar of Pattaya still. A lot of the boys there are "clones" of each other... But there is also a great variety.

Great run down on the gogo bars. I am surprised at Cupidol. The few times I have been there, it was as deserted and boring as can be. Glad to see Krazy Dragon making a comeback, and Em has done a good job with City Boys. I think of City Boys like the Funny Boys of Sunee. Good staff, but a bit too laid back for me.

Vasa has turned into one of my favorites. Always stop there when in BT. And getting all kinds of conflicting stories about WWB. Guess I will have to just suffer through a visit to check out for myself.

Thanks for all the reports.

Bowling:
We went bowling in the avenue one sat night.
It was 20.00 and they had a promotion going
1200B for 2 hours bowling for 4 people + 100 Pipers + French fries + Sushi plate
Mixers were on top of the price
In the end we got in 3 full games and paid 1900B for the 2 hours (additional mixers, shoe hire, socks purchase + additional food)
This seemed like a bargain to me compared to other times i have been bowling (usually 150B per person per game)
Its a pity they don't give out massage vouchers as i was crippled the next day!

Does seem like you got a good deal. I am always surprised by how much money we spend when we go bowling. And I know exactly how you feel with the need for a massage the next day. Hope you have recovered by now.

Night Life:
Dave:
Back open again after a re-model. The re-model is mortly around the stage area and lighting. Not as many cute coyotes as before... and some can be a complete pain in the ass looking for coyote drinks.
We went there most nights - mostly because we bought a promotion: 10,000B for 10 Litres of Johnnie Walker Red + 20% discount card for all mixers.
It seemed like a great idea at the time... but when you have pre-paid for whiskey like that - its way to easy to decide to open a 2nd/3rd bottle in the same night- which can get very expensive!
Wow. I like that promotion. How many days were you in town? I would really consider it when I am in town for 12 nights or so.
Is this something you asked for, or did you see an ad somewhere? Can't recall seeing it before, but I am easily distracted. :sign5:

Tum Nan Issan:
As usual crawling with Issan boys. Visited twice and even brought a virgin Martin911 there... Unfortunately the night in question the aircon was broken so it was not as good as it could have been... but still plenty of eye candy!

And no report from Martin? Hopefully he survived and would consider returning...Hello Martin? Anything you would like to add?

4 Somes:
Christian had has with 3 x mocy drivers... Mine was with a Coyote, BF and a friend of ours... Lets just say that all the stars lined up very well that night and there was nobody just chuk wow'ing that night!
Ok thats all for now!

You know, we have had plenty of 3 somes, but I am now feeling a bit inadequate thanks to your post. Might have to give that a try this time around. Catch BF in the right mood....

Thanks again for the report. Less than 2 months now and I will be back.

colmx
October 9th, 2013, 05:15
Curious about this as I would like to find another suitable place to stay...mind answering a few questions?

Do they provide daily maid service (clean towels, etc)? Either included or at a charge?
Is there a 24 hour reception setup? BF and I sometimes go our separate ways for a bit and it is very nice to have a place to drop off/pick up the key. Never sure which one of us is going to make it back to the room first.

No daily made service - but i think it can be provided every few days if you like (at a cost of course)

You can get an idea of the type of room on offer here:
http://www.apatpro.com/index.php?option=com_cmsrealty&Itemid=28&cmsrealty=user&pclass[]=5&action=searchresults
He has a lot more apartments than those that are listed however... also note that V.C.C., U.C.C and MyView condo are all part of the same complex...

There is no 24 hour reception... which is why we like it... we can come and go as we please with multiple visitors etc.
But they always provide us with 2 sets of keys/swipe cards so we come back separately if needed

Bed is lovely and soft in all the apts we stayed in there...

12 weeks for me... Its gonna be a long October and November!

Wow. I like that promotion. How many days were you in town? I would really consider it when I am in town for 12 nights or so.
Is this something you asked for, or did you see an ad somewhere? Can't recall seeing it before, but I am easily distracted

We were only in town for 10 nights... the whiskey only lasted 4 of those :-( the promotion was being advertised on the new screens...
They give you a Dave keyring with 10 attached metal tickets... each ticket entitles you to one bottle of whiskey.
2nd night after we bought the promotion was the night we had all the MicMy and Cityboys there... used 4 bottles that night :-(

The 20% discount card is in BFs name and valid for 2 months from issue....

colmx
October 9th, 2013, 05:23
And no report from Martin? Hopefully he survived and would consider returning...Hello Martin? Anything you would like to add?

I think Martin is too busy shacked up with my boy from WWB to be answering posts on this board!

but I am now feeling a bit inadequate thanks to your post

We have had a few 4somes in the past (BF and I, Not Martin and I!)... none of which went spectacularly well... first time one guy fell asleep so it became a 3some before sleep with first guy and a 3some in the morning with the other....

Another time one of the guys ran out of the room all upset as BF was paying the other guy more attention than him!
And on another ocasion one of teh guys got shy and decided he didn't want to play... especially when he found out he was to be the bottom :party

The one on this trip worked out just right... in the morning i could hear the boys chattering about how it had been sanook etc

blazer
October 9th, 2013, 10:41
Great report as always!

Very useful for next months trip.

anonone
October 9th, 2013, 15:57

No daily made service - but i think it can be provided every few days if you like (at a cost of course)

You can get an idea of the type of room on offer here:
http://www.apatpro.com/index.php?option=com_cmsrealty&Itemid=28&cmsrealty=user&pclass[]=5&action=searchresults
He has a lot more apartments than those that are listed however... also note that V.C.C., U.C.C and MyView condo are all part of the same complex...

There is no 24 hour reception... which is why we like it... we can come and go as we please with multiple visitors etc.
But they always provide us with 2 sets of keys/swipe cards so we come back separately if needed

Bed is lovely and soft in all the apts we stayed in there...

12 weeks for me... Its gonna be a long October and November!

Is this something you asked for, or did you see an ad somewhere? Can't recall seeing it before, but I am easily distracted

We were only in town for 10 nights... the whiskey only lasted 4 of those :-( the promotion was being advertised on the new screens...
They give you a Dave keyring with 10 attached metal tickets... each ticket entitles you to one bottle of whiskey.
2nd night after we bought the promotion was the night we had all the MicMy and Cityboys there... used 4 bottles that night :-(

The 20% discount card is in BFs name and valid for 2 months from issue....

Good info on the condo. A quick look at the link and the rooms look great. No reception is fine if we have 2 keys. Multiple partners and no daily maid service is a challenge though. Have to see if Don Plaza continues to work out for us, though I like the condo room better, and soft bed would be a real plus... Hmmmm

12 weeks is about my limit for staying away. Good luck and hope the time goes quickly for you.

If I make it back around New Years, it would be fun to hit Dave with you (and Martin, if he surfaces by then). Bet we could run through the 10 bottle promotion in a night or two...quite an entourage we would put together :occasion5:

Cheers.

a447
October 9th, 2013, 18:37
Colmx wrote:
I heard that there is an informal boycott of the location by a lot of expats and visitors due to the despicable behaviour of its ex-owner.

I hope that is not true. When the ex-owner was there, some of the boys said he was an ok boss, but once he'd left, they were scathing of him and wanted nothing more to do with him.

So maybe Happy Place is being unfairly targeted. I might give it a look-in some time while I'm here.

I will give a detailed report on Bangkok and Pattaya later.

Marsha-old
October 9th, 2013, 22:54
I have to disagree with colmx and a447. Whatever has been said about Happy Place Bar by staff, take with a pinch of salt. The old boss may be a lot of things but he did run the bar well. He left it in the good hands of his ex, who to be fair has tried to do his best, but with less finance and the lowest of seasons things are hard. Thais will find anything to complain about.
To boycott the bar is rubbish, why boycott some bar that isn't even owned by him any more, it's only going to hurt the boys. They have to eat and earn a living, so give it a chance
Boys were well looked after, well paid and when he was there, the bar was full and it had the best selection of boys.
I was going to do a show there once with some of the old throb crew, but I'm bad I never got back intouch.However I never offered to buy the place or run it.
All the other rubbish that's been written I couldn't care less.
Plus this has come from someone who has been slated by him for no reason what so ever. I did boycott the board as did Kevin, due to a disagreement between the three of us. The guys I'll and not in the right frame of mind at the moment.
What do they say, sticks and stone may break my bones, but names will never harm me.

scottish-guy
October 10th, 2013, 00:46
I have to disagree with colmx and a447....

Colmx has only relayed what he heard in relation to Happy Place, and a447 added that he hoped it wasn't true.

Are you saying Colmx has made it up? Are you saying a447 is being disingenuous?

What exactly has either said that are you 'disagreeing' with?

:occasion9:

Marsha-old
October 10th, 2013, 01:04
Scottish guy, maybe I did not explain it well enough. What I meant to say is that I disagree that Thais May or may not have said. All I ever heard is how good he was and that is since he left. Thais will tell you what you want to hear? I can say that he wouldn't have had as many boys if he was that bad, as many bars would have been happy to employ them, as it's a struggle to get good staff. So they could have walked any time if he was a monster.
Also boycotting a bar , I disagree with as the former owner no longer owns a bar and to make the staff suffer for something that is not there fault is wrong.

latintopxxx
October 10th, 2013, 04:33
me thinks lately scotty has developed troll like mannerisms...

scottish-guy
October 10th, 2013, 13:43
Latintopxxx, you need to look at other boards to see what trolling really is.

In comparison, anything I say is milder than Johnsons Baby shampoo.

:occasion9:

zombie
October 10th, 2013, 15:27
OP: sounds like you had a nice time in Pattaya and generous in your expenditure. So for you latest trip, how long did you stay in Pattaya and how much roughly did you spend ?

colmx
October 11th, 2013, 01:45
OP: sounds like you had a nice time in Pattaya and generous in your expenditure. So for you latest trip, how long did you stay in Pattaya and how much roughly did you spend ?

The total trip was 12 nights in Thailand
We went clubbing every night except the first and last

I went with a budget of 2000тВм - but ended up spending far in excess of that :-(
We usually go out around 20.30 and rarely get home before 6.00
Usually we do:
Some bars from 20.30-23.00
Thai place from 23.00-01.30 (pluag Mai, Tum Nan chon) or hollywood
Disco from 01.30 till sleep time (Dave, NAB, IDOL or sometime Tum Nan Issan)

One unexpected expense on the last trip was a "live in" boy (with BF and I) for the last 6 nights of the trip...
And the 10,000B for 10 bottles of whiskey in Dave was definately not a money saver!

As this trip went so far over budget... expenditure on the next trip at New Year will definately have to be scaled back :-(

joe552
October 11th, 2013, 04:28
As this trip went so far over budget... expenditure on the next trip at New Year will definately have to be scaled back :-(

haha, colmx, can't wait to read how well that goes for you. you and NIrish should share your cost-cutting plans with the rest of us. My spending might not be as high, but I'm in the same boat - it's always more than I intended. I've learned to live with it (as I suspect you and NIrish have too).

anonone
October 11th, 2013, 05:28
i forgot to add:
Massages:
Only went for 1 massage - in Relax@me at the back of tuk.com
Of course despite all teh cute boys there i ended up with the fugly one and the massage was over in 50 minutes
Afterwards a got a heap of messages on GR from all the boys working there "why you not pick me"
I have no idea how to specify which masseur you want in these places?

Somjit at the Tuk.com side entrance also always has a bunch of cute boys sitting outside... every time we went past on the motorbike except the one time i wanted to go there... that day there was just a long haired ladyboy type!

It is certainly possible to specify which masseur you want at these places. I just stop to chat with the group, pick the one that interests me, and ask him if he wants to do massage for me. We then go inside together. Seems to work without issue.

And for me, Somjit has consistently been the best as far as staff goes. Although occasionally someone at the other places will catch my eye enough to warrant a stop.

Jellybean
October 11th, 2013, 17:15
I enjoyed reading your trip report colmx, which for me captured all the fun and joy of your trip. During my last three trips to Thailand I didnтАЩt manage to get down to Pattaya, every time I thought about it, I just couldnтАЩt summon up the energy to make the necessary travel arrangements and get myself moving. Maybe during this current visit IтАЩll find the time and the energy.

With regard to your тАЬsmelly feetтАЭ question, I think I can trump you and offer you a solution. During one of my flights I had a window seat and an empty seat next to me. Great I thought тАж perfect bliss! Then I heard this old boy in the middle section behind me complaining about something and then being moved to the seat next to me тАж aagghhh!

Then as the flight progressed and I put the seat into bed format the old fucker started farting! Dirty bastard I thought. I got up for a walk and noticed behind the curtain almost a whole section of empty seats. So I found a flight attendant and complained that despite so many spare seats she had put someone next to me. Without any hesitation she said I could sit in anyone of those empty rows of seats тАж oh such joy!

So I collected my stuff, making as much fuss as possible, and moved to an empty row of seats. But before I left, my flatulent fellow passenger asked if I was moving, I was almost tempted to say, тАЬYes, because you gassed me out you dirty old bastard!тАЭ But I didnтАЩt, I meekly answered, тАЬYes.тАЭ in a simpering voice.

So my advice to you would be to always speak up and ask for another seat, otherwise unwanted bad smells could potentially spoil the rest of the flight for you.

newalaan2
October 28th, 2013, 21:36
Colmx sorry to nick/tack onto your excellent report, you usually don't write a such large report, but many of the places were as I visited too so just added my experiences with same places.

Gogos:
Visited most Gogo bars at least once on this trip... with the exception of Eros and Hapy Boys - which i never got time to visit
MicMy:
Back open again under new ownership, no trace of underage here any more... I am told the boss is a police man - not sure if thats correct or not... but all boys there are def 18 up
I haven't been back here since the farang customers caught up in the last big raid were targeted, and I told the mamasan why I wasn't coming in when passing. I have known he/she/it since the days of mimic beerbar/karaoke long before they went down the road of dodgy-aged staff, my explanation was accepted as he knows me well, but did try to assure no dodgy-aged guy now! but can you really believe it? Problem with this place now is not what's on show in the bar but perhaps what might be 'out back' for bar or home delivery given the amount of underaged found here on that raid, and that could still attract a raid from agencies outwith the usual lot they pay-off. Over all the years I've been coming to Pattaya one thing never changes...the habits/personal interests of bar owners and managers over thoughts for their customers needs/risk, I wont be back to this place ever

Nice Boys:
Shadow of is former self... gone from having 40 boys to 12-15 boys... and none very pretty or handsome
Have to agree with you on this one, the 'fun' element here has also disappeared, disappointing visit although it was pretty busy with customers,i know a couple of the long time waiters here so usually pop in at least once on a trip

Krazy Dragon:
One of my most enjoyable agogo visits on this trip was here. Probably because there were a few gay as well as straight dancers who instead of the cock in face style, just came by chatted, said hello with no real pressure for tips etc.. I actually find the guy dancing right in front of me a bit of a nuisance as you have to craine your neck and he blocks out the rest of the bar. I prefer no one at the table and to look round from a small distance, but did have an enjoyable time with a couple of guys I bought drinks for who were a good laugh, visited 3 times here.... a record for one trip! There are still some straight staff who try the cock in face with handshake but I just 'whispered' to the waiter I was top...man...poochai and that certainly sorted the wheat from the chaff for me as he announced my "quiet word" in his ear loudly to all and sundry!

City Boys:
Mamasan "Em" still running here... no sign of underage.. 3 guys there that i like, one of whom i was with back at songkran. I sent a waiter friend back to secretly off another of the guys that i liked there... I invited my Off to call some of his friends to come the disco.
Some nice guys here, all willing to make contact, chat, have a laugh, but Em keeps his distance as we know eachother well, he possesses the most insincere smile in Pattaya and that takes some doing!

Cupidol:
I visited here too, initially just having a seat outside in their beerbar terrace section but went inside for another drink later to find they had a nice range of guys

Lucky7:Didn't visit.

Kawaii:
Also a shadow of its former self... seems all the tuktuk drivers have moved there!
Yes a very sad shadow at that with very overweight guys.
Vasaa:
Nice lively guys here who enjoy a bit of interaction, good fun bar

Happy Place:
Only a few boys working there on the occasion i visited. I heard that there is an informal boycott of the location by a lot of expats and visitors due to the despicable behaviour of its ex-owner. Which is a pity as the guys there are a friendly bunch
Caught the late show here and it was ok, a few customers in with the usual, at least one party of thai/Asian/korean females, who are always a lot of fun to watch their antics with the guys, and it lets you know clearly who the straight guys are.......nice chat/catch up with owner M

Wild West Boys:
Visited only once. At first there was nobody on stage and we were about to leave... Suddenly 12 boys appeared out from behind the curtains. 4 of which were immediately offable for me. BF also like 2.
Damn! I by-passed this place because it was so quiet and bereft of staff last trip in June, but lack of time was also an issue

A-Bomb:
Same same always. Athletic and masculine guys. Don't go too early as most of the guys there are freelancers and only come to work around 21.30
I find the manager there very good at telling the truth!
I dont bother here now, the staff line-up type has never changed in 13 years, I do know a couple of the doormen/waiters who are nice guys but gogo boys not my 'type'

Boyzboyzboyz:
What a transformation. Maybe 40 boys working there. The old guys are still there - although some of the REALLY old ones are now gone... along with some newer more athletic guys and some skinnier twinky boys. The boys now rotate much faster than previously so its possible to see all thats on offer in 30 mins.
Also the place is much more high energy than before... quite similar to a Bkk bar.
Lek (previously of Dude, Dave and Holiday2 bar) is now working as Mamasan there... I also find him good at telling the truth
Big shock here! one of our female friends specifically wanted a look here, which surprised me as she has never suggested a visit here, all became apparent after the katoey segment when it went onto the big cock show, and large stable of guys too! yes some of the older guys still around but a few younger ones there, I know a few long time staff here and one suggested that they do have difficulty, not in attracting new guys, but keeping them, as the younger more attractive guys feel they are pushed around a bit by the established old school who find the new blood too much of a threat, pity the new management haven't recognised this. Two fairly new very attractive boys there said were packing-in and heading to Toyboys after only a few days as they didn't feel 'welcomed' by some staff. Lek is one of the more honest mamasans I have known over the years and was a real hero when it came to finding great tables at Dude Club.

Funny Boys:
I like to visit here as I know a few of the waiters and guys, but just no real fun, all too staid and quiet for me, 2 or 3 very nice attractive new guys here but as you say they could really do with a major injection of new blood and upping fun factor along with the music volume

Toy Boys:
Certainly keeping up its high standard and it pays off with a large attendance right up to 1.30am with a lot of Chinese/Asian customers. Always great welcome from staff here, boys make it clear they are interested and keen

Night Life:
Hollywood:
We went only one time this visit, all the songs in the show were either j-pop or k-pop. None of our group enjoyed the show.
It's a pity they have gone so far over to the Kpop rather than just keeping a balance of some Kpop and their traditional mix shows with Thai pop/rock and some western songs. They have virtually stolen Stardice's model but with a lot of other nationalities mixed in as well, with Koreans/Chinese so they keep full for the duration of the evening whereas Stardice used to empty out at 1-1.30am when the Koreans/japs headed for bed.

Dave:
Didn't visit, no requests to!
NAB:
Definately the place to be seen in Pattaya and the most popular venue these days. We went one night and it was great... another night it was a bit of a let down
Had 3 visits here as it was most requested when asking bf and friends where we might go clubbing. Once for Bfs 25th birthday and had an absolute blast, with about 8 of us, only night we had more than one bottle of whisky, needed 3 for the 8 of us up to closing time and the tons of well wishers who stopped by, the two katoey yapping comedians were with us for a while in between their skits, very nice polite and un-pushy pair which was most unexpected! also having a Boyztown mamasan as part of your company fairly opens the door to meeting a lot of new (to us) interesting, cute, guys with great personalities, and not all out for free drinks, we had two 3/4 full bottles from behind the bar storage put on our table by a couple of these folks. No suggestions for IDOL. Dave 50-50

Idol, Tum Nan Chon: Didn't visit this time

Tum Nan Issan:
One great night here as usual, best eye candy toilet trail in Pattaya, takes about 30 mins to get to toilet and back to table and a good bit more boozed-up on the way, hate soda and/or coke in whisky but difficult to say 'no' when offered by cute smiling thaiguy

a447
October 29th, 2013, 19:18
Thanks, Newalaan2. Very informative post.

....and that certainly sorted the wheat from the chaff for me as he announced my "quiet word" in his ear loudly to all and sundry!

LOL

bao-bao
October 29th, 2013, 23:09
Happy Place:
Thanks for the report. I had to laugh at your opening line about "Back nearly a week from my most recent trip so time for a quick trip report before it becomes old news!" Places can change with the wind, it seems.

It would be too bad if the sins of the previous owner of HB had a lasting effect on the current owner, though, unless The Unnamed is still involved in some way. My guess is he is, but I have nothing whatsoever to back that up. Time (or reputable sources) will tell, I suppose. Either way, there are LOTS of well-reviewed places for those who are dedicated clubbers.