PDA

View Full Version : Gym in Jomtien and/or Pattaya

luvmen
October 7th, 2013, 04:57
I live in Jomtien and I'm looking for a gym. My priorities are:

1. a gym that opens early in the morning (at least by 6 am);

2. a gym that has shower/sauna/etc. facilities; and

3. a gym that is in Jomtien or near Jomtien.

Tony's Jomtien would be very convenient and opens at 5:00 a.m. (I believe), but has no shower facilities. Can anyone confirm that?

My second choice would be Tony's Third Road, because I believe it has plenty of equipment from which to choose, it opens early (or possibly 24 hours), and I believe it has shower facilities. Can anyone confirm this?

My main goal is to find a gym in order to get into better shape and to lose some weight. But I'm also curious: does anyone know from personal experience if there is any "naughty" behaviour in the sauna/shower areas of Tony's, or if Tony's is a place where one can meet Thai men? Just need to know if I should throw a couple of condoms in my gym bag. :)

Thanks for any serious and helpful information.

francois
October 7th, 2013, 06:57
I am familiar with Tonys on Third Rd. There are two gyms there, one across the from other. One gym has a much larger range of equipment but poor AirCon and hot as hell in there. The shower facilities are minimal; basically a toilet stall with a shower and little else. The other gym has better AirCon, less equipment but adequate, and a locker room with individual showers although hardly first class. There is also a nice outdoor pool. Recently Tony had a sale for a one year membership for 7000 Baht. Thai guys do work out there but never saw a hint of any naughty behavior. Easy enough to go there and tour the facilities.

luvmen
October 10th, 2013, 04:22
Thanks, Francois.