PDA

View Full Version : US $999.00 LAX to BKK- Air, 12 nights Hotel, 8 City Tour

travelerjim
June 8th, 2006, 10:18
Hello Sawatdee Friends,

:cheers: I have noted several budget priced airline and/or air & hotel package specials being made available in recent days.

Here is one which appeared today, June 9th via e-mail to me from travelzoo.com - one of their Top 20 Deals of the Week:

http://vacations.travelzoo.com/asian-vacations/243298 .

Special Offer from smarTours: How HOT is this deal?

US $999 -- Thailand 12-Night Package w/Tours & Air *
Thailand

Travel dates: Select dates October-April
Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

smarTours just knocked $400 OFF per person from a 14-day (12 night) Thailand package -- including roundtrip air, Superior First Class hotels, several meals and a full touring program to 8 of Thailand's most popular destinations -- for just $999 per person. It's amazing that they can include all this and still keep the price under $1,000. Normally, we'd expect just the airfare alone to cost you that much!
Here's what's included:

Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles (add $100 to depart from New York)

Intra-Thailand flight and ground transportation (visit Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Phitsanulok, Sukothai, Lampang, Golden Triangle, Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai)

12 nights accommodations at Superior First Class hotels
Full buffet American breakfast daily
Welcome dinner in Bangkok
Sightseeing tours and professional English speaking Tour Director throughout

This special is valid for departure on October 8 and April 15. Add $100 to depart on October 22 and March 11. Additional departure dates are available.

Travelzoo Tip: The $999 price already includes the fuel-surcharge. On smarTours website, you will see the price listed without the fuel-surcharge at $899. Additional taxes are approximately $150.

Update (6:00pm ET, June 7, 2006): The October 8 departure date is now sold-out. However, smarTours is able to offer the same price for departure on October 15.

To Book: call smarTours at 1-800-337-7773 and mention Travelzoo. Or, click here for complete details on smarTours Web site.

Special Note from TravelerJim:

This is an unbelievable great value....You must act quickly to book the dates...these get sold out very, very fast!

I also suggest you ask the tur agent about "extending your trip" in Thailand "on your own"...this may be possible...and allows you to have a longer stay in the LOS and enjoy :drunken:

I hope this special may allow you an opportunity to see more of wonderful Thailand..and at a bargain price!

TravelerJim
For Affordable International Health & Travel Insurance
Please visit www.tjinsurance.com (http://www.tjinsurance.com) .

June 8th, 2006, 14:08
most (if not all) of these kind of deals require minimum of 2 persons, sharing one hotel room.

June 8th, 2006, 23:26
Still, a good deal for a first time visitor to thailand (more so for a STRAIGHT visitor i.e. your straight relatives)

catawampuscat
June 9th, 2006, 09:25
Almost impossible to find flights alone under $1000 from USA to BKK roundtrip and this one includes so much more..
Sometimes they have a single supplement if one wants his own room but this would be great if some friends or
relatives want to see it all on the cheap...

travelerjim
June 9th, 2006, 15:14
most (if not all) of these kind of deals require minimum of 2 persons, sharing one hotel room.

Yes Scott123, you are correct...BUT,
If you would like a room for single occupancy, the added cost is US $230.00 ...quite a bargain in my opinion for 12 nights of hotel!

Please see another website for more detailed info on this and other Thailand tours which are available..

:cheers: FRIENDLY PLANET Tours....
http://www.friendlyplanet.com/thailand.html .

This is the source Broker for the Thailand $999.00 deal....act quickly for many dates during 2006 and into 2007 are already SOLD OUT!

You can see the available dates for the trip on the right hand page of the webpage describing the Thailand package...just scroll down and see the datelines and varied costs for the trips. Add ons are also given in much detail.

This is a great way to see many fine sights of Thailand as a first timer or seasoned visitor to Thailand.

TravelerJim
For Affordable International Health & Travel Insurance
Please visit www.tjinsurance.com (http://www.tjinsurance.com) .