PDA

View Full Version : Are Short-Time rooms safe?

bucknaway
October 7th, 2013, 01:22
This is a topic from another thread and I figured it would be better if it lived as its own thread.

I don't trust short time rooms. I don't have confidence in their cleanliness or their privacy.

I even found this quote on Stickman's blog.

but this phenomenon is far from rare and many, many short term rooms and rooms in various hotels DO have hidden cameras which are connected up to recording devices. Evidence can easily be found with all of the aeb doo (which translated from Thai means watching without others knowing) VCDs available at Panthip Plaza, although the few that I have seen all starred Thais, not farangs.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/Weekly/weekly192.htm

gaymandenmark
October 7th, 2013, 02:58
I voted "Never used them and never will"

Never used them is 100% correct, I have also only been to a boy-gogo bar 2, maybe 3 times in 20 years or more.

But to say that I "never will" it to predict something in the future, that I can not.

bucknaway
October 7th, 2013, 03:20
I Edited the poll to add the option of never using them but considering them an acceptable option. My editing the poll reset the results to Zero. Sorry everyone.

MiniMee
October 7th, 2013, 04:20
Hey Bucky - did you ever notice all those hidden cameras in the Babylon Barracks communal shower room? There are loads of DVDs with scenes from those babies available on the street in Silom!

BTW - your choice of the word 'nervous' in two of your six poll choices, tells us much more about you than you are allowing us to tell you about our own thoughts....

bucknaway
October 7th, 2013, 04:54
Hey Bucky - did you ever notice all those hidden cameras in the Babylon Barracks communal shower room? There are loads of DVDs with scenes from those babies available on the street in Silom!

BTW - your choice of the word 'nervous' in two of your six poll choices, tells us much more about you than you are allowing us to tell you about our own thoughts....

As far as the Babylon cameras go... Never seen them but I would not be surprised.

As far as my using the word "Nervous." I selected that word thinking it would be translated well for all those that were not native American English speakers.

October 7th, 2013, 05:04
I couldn't vote in this poll because although I use short time rooms it's at "hotels" like the Suriwongse or BBB Inn rather than gogo bars. I have used one a long, long time ago above Golden Cock but don't recall much about it and I think I used a room with vinyl couch or bench on it above Solid quite a few years ago as well - vinyl makes it so easy to clean the cum off, don't you think (not sure if the crabs can survive vinyl but then getting some fly spray from Tops and using it in the shower in my own room has always been my treatment for them)? The only thing I do remember is the inadequacy of the shower facilities but even then the detail's a bit hazy. No hot water perhaps?

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2013, 07:07
heh, I ended up in a short-time room once, and never again. Was my first trip to Pattaya, back when I was 24 I think. I got absolutely plastered drunk, had no idea where I was, what I was doing, nothing. This was also my first experience with the commercial sex scene, so was new to that too.

It was probably 3 am, Sunee Plaza, and I ended up in this place. Wasn't a bar, but more of a cafe / hotel lounge type place. There was a large table with about 10 chairs around it, and a fridge-freezer full of beer there. So I was sitting there buying beers, and enjoying a night of being too drunk for my own good.

There was a couple older guys, then a bunch of younger guys, which I'm assuming were bar boys. One of them ended up putting his arm around me, which excited "little cdnmatt", and the Thai guy started playing with him. Next thing I know I'm upstairs in one of the rooms, and it was just absolutely disgusting. There was water dripping from the ceiling on the floor, the bed looked like it was from WWII, etc.

I didn't even take my shoes off, let alone my clothes. He didn't have a problem though, stripped right down, laid on the bed, and started jerking off. I was completely out of it, and wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, I ended up splitting my time between the room and the bathroom, waiting for him to finish. After a while he said "I'm done", to which I breathed a sigh of relief and thought "thank fuck for that". Gave him some money, got out of there, and stumbled back to my hotel somehow.

heh, the joys of being young. First and last time in a short time room though.

christianpfc
October 7th, 2013, 14:15
100% comfortable. Have been in Super A three times, and in various short time hotel around Saranrom about 10 times in total. They were all clean by my standards. I never thought that my activities might be recorded.

A general problem (not only in short time hotel, in massage parlors as well) is lack of tissue. You cum, and you are suddenly left with a blog of cum on your body and on your hands and no tissue to wipe it off! I either have to ask at the reception for a roll of toilet paper or bring my own toilet paper (I carry some with me in my bag, because many toilets in shopping malls don't have toilet paper). But in a few occasions I ended without tissue, had to scoop up cum with my hands and hurry to the bathroom for showering. (Sorry, off topic.)

joe552
October 7th, 2013, 16:11
I've never used one, but can see the attraction for some (sluts). Just not my scene, prefer the privacy of my own room where I feel in control and comfortable.

btw, use of the word 'sluts' is a joke and not intended to annoy

Nirish guy
October 7th, 2013, 16:27
I wasn't in the least offended ( see, I just assumed you meant me there automatically now :-) But according to a recent EX UKIP politician ( and the Oxford dictionary to be fair to him ) a slut is merely a person who doesn't clean under their fridge - and as my fridge is all concealed and built in as part of a fitted kitchen unit and I couldn't get at it to clean under it even if I wanted to it appears that you are quite correct Joe that and I am INDEED now an OFFICIAL card carrying slut - who'd of thunk it eh ! Oh and apparently that same politician believes he got away with that one so well he's going into his local hospital next week to call all the nurses Whores for apparently not brushing up their crumbs after them making toast so see how that works out for the rest of his flagging career ! lol

joe552
October 7th, 2013, 17:05
NIrish guy, is "cleaning behind the fridge" a euphemism for necessary hygiene after using a short time room?

timmberty
October 8th, 2013, 03:27
i have used a short time room in bangkok only one time, i certainly wouldnt use that place again as it was minging.
likewise i have stayed at howards hotel once before, and even if they hadnt knocked it down, i would never have stayed there again.

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2013, 15:03
OMFG - something I agree with Timmy on!

We checked into Howard's one afternoon about 4pm (2 rooms, pre-booked for several days, and after reading good reports on here & elsewhere).

We reached the rooms at about 4.10pm.

We cancelled and walked out by 4.20pm.

:occasion9:

christianpfc
October 8th, 2013, 16:20
I've never used one, but can see the attraction for some (sluts). Just not my scene, prefer the privacy of my own room where I feel in control and comfortable.

I thought like that at first, but now I think short time hotels (or rooms) are very useful. From Saranrom, it would take more than 30 minutes to go back to my room. If the boy makes a mess, well it's not my room he makes the mess in (remember Ice from Saranrom). The three mocy drivers from Hua Lampong, that would be too much to take back to my room.

pong
October 8th, 2013, 18:11
did not vote. As with about anythig Thai-there is no 100% yes or no. Have seen dozens inside, mostly BKK and they vary-roughly more or less in line with fee paid.
There ARE superduperdeluxe fancy rooms with all provided, even condoms, tissue, all kind of creams etc. and whirlpool-style bathes etc. They aim the str8 market. In fact-after some 20+ years ago initial beginnings, I cannot recall having had one for ''just gay'' since that beginning. So my advice is: use a normal str8 one-and (but that seems to apply to many more offerings in Thai ''service'') do not take the lowest priced, and you will be most happy. But their prices approach that of a normal-same comfort level room in a cheap/ish hotel. MOstly you are also expected to order from a pricey rinks-menu.
Several of the better m2m massageshops also offer very fancy rooms-piped in music, POh on the screens, loads of silky large towels etc. But I liked a boy who had selected his own music on his I-fone much better. he even has some wallpaper to please my eyes loaded on it-but i rather watched him.

TravellerDave
October 8th, 2013, 22:35
I use a short time room at Jomtien from time to time, usually when I pick up a boy from the beach. I stay in Pattaya but don't want to return with him, so the ST room is convenient. It is clean and I try and keep it that way and flush used cum filled condoms away. By doing so I always get a friendly welcome on the next occasion.