PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to ...

Sooty
September 30th, 2013, 16:19
No this isn't a thread about whatever happened to some long forgotten old bore who used to post here.

My question is about the breathless announcement some months ago that the Board was about to be, any moment, real soon moved over to a server in Inner Transistan or somewhere and unless we had a valid, current email address at that moment we would be banished to the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I know it hasn't happened because I can still log on and my registration email address has, I'm sure, lapsed into the Microsoft Hotmail Black Hole.

jinks
September 30th, 2013, 17:09
I know it hasn't happened because I can still log on and my registration email address has, I'm sure, lapsed into the Microsoft Hotmail Black Hole.

Well then, preempt the change and change your e-mail ready for the spectacular roll out of the new board !

scottish-guy
October 1st, 2013, 23:00
I am concerned by Sooty's comment that there is to be a "gnashing of teeth".

I fear many of our older members would struggle to "gnash" spaghetti, never mind teeth.

Therefore I would like to know if the SGT management has any plans to PROVIDE teeth for these unfortunate souls so that they do not feel left out.

:tweety:

Sooty
October 2nd, 2013, 14:13

Well then, preempt the change and change your e-mail ready for the spectacular roll out of the new board !If it hasn't happened by now it's not going to happen.

Surfcrest
October 3rd, 2013, 23:02
I don't want to be pre-mature with any announcements...such as the case when dante and I were working on the new software and the new prototype board.
Since then...we've realized we need to make quite a few more changes than just a software upgrade....and so if you've seen e-spike and I online a lot lately...it's because we are working on this.

Quite a bit is happening behind the scenes besides rescuing other boards in distress :tweety: ....and so hopefully we'll have something to tell you shortly.

Surfcrest