PDA

View Full Version : Beginners problems

September 29th, 2013, 22:52
Hi admin or who ever,

I already emailed you guys that for some reason I could not log in again and got some database error.

I just tried again and now apparently, I can log in, so guess whatever it is solved/temporary, maybe the big rain here in Pattaya.

Thanks and hopefully this not happens again, if it does at least now I know just try again later.

Thanks, A.L.

elephantspike
September 30th, 2013, 01:07
I installed the latest phpBB software update about 12 hours ago. I think it took about 10 minutes. If you tried to login during that short interval it might have triggered this error. Sorry about that. Let us know if this happens again.

note-Sometimes if we have just finished a software update and you are seeing an error page it might correct the error if you try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page.

Thanks,

Bob

Surfcrest
September 30th, 2013, 10:21
I already emailed you guys that for some reason I could not log in again and got some database error.

Could you please let me know where you sent this email you describe?
I am very concerned to learn an email of this importance did not reach us.
We would be very grateful, if you could go to your Sent folder and re-send your original email to;
Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com

Thank you very much,

Surfcrest

September 30th, 2013, 12:49
I just replied to the Welcome email sent to my email address

From: "Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com" <Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com>
To: As It Is <xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:07 PM
Subject: Welcome to "Sawatdee Gay Thailand"

This is what I sent:
Hi, not sure what happened but I can not seem to log in anymore.

The system also gave me a General error, something about database or something.

I have cookies on and such, just a standard browser setup.

Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks, A.L.

elephantspike
September 30th, 2013, 13:34
Hotmail is kind of glitchy about putting random things in the spam box. One of the things I plan on doing soon is setting up domain email so it will be like admin@sawatdee-gay-thailand.com. Then we can have more control over how incoming mail is handled.

Surfcrest
September 30th, 2013, 13:38
I just replied to the Welcome email sent to my email address

From: "Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com" <Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com>

Great! You should have a copy of the reply in your Sent folder. Our automated Registration is designed to
forward and respond to emails accurately or future new members are not going to be able to Register.

By forwarding this Sent email or Response, we can determine what in the auto-response function is not working.
It could possibly be a link that is no longer a URL or something simple......and yet would be a tremendous help to us, if you could assist us.
I'd rather not Register as a new Member just to test the system as this sort of goes against the Rules.
Besides, by providing this in your response shows me you have what we need.....please kind sir!

Surfcrest

September 30th, 2013, 13:47
OK, I just forwarding the email to Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand@hotmail.com

Surfcrest
September 30th, 2013, 15:14
The spelling is correct.....all systems "go"......we'll wait patiently, because we are all eager to know if we have a bigger system issue.......possibly a really "big" issue.

Than you very much for you very kind assistance,

Surfcrest

September 30th, 2013, 18:04
I have not had any more log in problems. Got it set to auto log in as soon as I click on my bookmark I am logged in. :salute: