View Full Version : Transfer advise BKK to Pattaya?

paulfort
September 29th, 2013, 03:04
I appreciate that this topic has appeared before, but guess car transfer companies and their service often changes, so would welcome any up to date advise.

I am returning to Thailand in November and want a reliable transfer/taxi company with a modern decent car but also a fair price including tolls from the airport down to Pattaya and then back to Central Bangkok for a few days up there.

Last time I used someone called Ann Sillapapaison who I had used before, cant remember how I found her company and was OK in the past but this time the car never appeared & couldn't contact them so need someone more reliable - ideally with a mobile contact number!

Any advise & your recommendations appreciated

Thanks

joe552
September 29th, 2013, 03:31
I've used Mr. T taxi in both directions and never had a problem. his email is: mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com In June I was charged 1000Bt all included from BKK to Pattaya.

Other board members recommend Mr. Toom (search here for contact details).

Phred
September 29th, 2013, 09:58
I stopped at Mr. TтАЩs office last month to get a card in case I needed a car to the airport. Nice people and when I asked the rate to the airport they quoted 900 baht which is a very good rate. Airport to Pattaya is 1,000 baht, still good. I wound up not needed a car but based on what joe552 and others have said I would go with them.

mr_ttaxi@hotmailcom

Phone: 66-38-720 318

SimpleSoul
September 29th, 2013, 10:05
Where is Mr. T's office? I usually arrange my pickups by e-mail. Never once had a problem, just a minor late arrival of the driver who had overslept.... I always build in ample contingency for my time planning so catching my flight was achieved.

I can fully recommend Mr. T.

latintopxxx
September 29th, 2013, 10:30
whats this fascination with airport transfers, I just walk up o the taxi rank and jump into a taxi. Have never paid more than 1000 from the airport to Pattaya. all this effort to book cars, for heavens sake, it only takes an hour and a bit, any old taxi will do!!

kittyboy
September 29th, 2013, 14:07
whats this fascination with airport transfers, I just walk up o the taxi rank and jump into a taxi. Have never paid more than 1000 from the airport to Pattaya. all this effort to book cars, for heavens sake, it only takes an hour and a bit, any old taxi will do!!

I agree completely. Go downstairs to the taxi stand at the airport. Get taxi to pattaya. Pay fare, go to hotel. Any in the queue will accomplish that.

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 14:58
oh come now, some people love to feel important, hence many use a limo rather than a taxi. ok it might be the same thing, but how much more important does a limo make you sound? i also remember one member here who used to tell us he had his driver when ever he needed him. i mean who doesnt they are just a phone call away.
i think most people who like to book a taxi really do it just so they get a hard on when they come out of the arrivals hall and see their name on a tiny bit of card.

September 29th, 2013, 16:28
Nothing to do with feeling important you plonker but with feeling safe.

joe552
September 29th, 2013, 16:47
Using a normal taxi from the airport might be ok if you know exactly where you're going in Pattaya and can direct the driver. But if you don't, you can hardly expect a Bangkok taxi driver to know his way around Pattaya. In any event, I find the private cars to be more comfortable than a regular taxi, and they cost about the same.

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 16:50
so you feel safer having no idea where the guy you booked is if he doesnt show up, rather than use a noral cab ?
i know there is a lot of crime in bangkok and pattaya but you very rarely read stories about people being robbed by taxi drivers from the airport.
or do you mean the drivers are safer, im sure one taxi driver is much the same as another. i doubt mr toom or mr t's drivers have had any driver awareness courses or have any special licences normal taxi drivers dont have.

joe i know thailand is still 3 world to many, but dont they have sat nav now ?

joe552
September 29th, 2013, 17:01
I've no idea if they have sat navs. If you're happy to use them, fine. The OP asked for advice and was given it.

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 17:31
very true. but we can rule out what he said about things changing all the time, cause for the last 2 years when ever anyone has asked about cars from airports to bangkok or pattaya the answer has always been mr t or mister toom.

anonone
September 29th, 2013, 18:35
I appreciate that this topic has appeared before, but guess car transfer companies and their service often changes, so would welcome any up to date advise.

I am returning to Thailand in November and want a reliable transfer/taxi company with a modern decent car but also a fair price including tolls from the airport down to Pattaya and then back to Central Bangkok for a few days up there.

Last time I used someone called Ann Sillapapaison who I had used before, cant remember how I found her company and was OK in the past but this time the car never appeared & couldn't contact them so need someone more reliable - ideally with a mobile contact number!

Any advise & your recommendations appreciated

Thanks

I have given up on Mr. T. You can read about my experiences here: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/slip-service-with-taxi-t27631.html

Mr Toom contact information is toom39@msn.com

1200 baht from BKK to Pattaya, all tolls included.
1000 baht from Pattaya to BKK, all tolls included

Let us know how things work out for you...

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2013, 19:04
.. I find the private cars to be more comfortable than a regular taxi, and they cost about the same.

Quite right Joe, and another thing - many times I've found that if there are 2 passengers, the combined luggage often will not fit in a regular BKK Airport taxi (because of the gas tank in the boot) and part of it has to go in the cabin.

Add in your BF/BS met at the airport and it becomes a unpleasant situation sitting wedged in the taxi all the way to Pattaya.

BKK airport taxis are perfectly fine for 1 or 2 passengers but not any more than that when any significant amount of luggage is involved. IMHO

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 21:56
indeed scotty, so with your wonderful knowledge of all things thai what company would you advise the OP to use ?
and lets hope its one thats still in business :occasion9:

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2013, 22:14
I use Mr Toom for BKK-Pattaya and ask for a large vehicle. He only failed to show up once for a booking - and it turned out I'd made the mistake, not him!

For the return I pop into Pattayaland Travel (the little office booth just outside BT on the road side, owned by a very nice Thai man and his ultra-efficient wife, who have arranged lots of travel and excursions for us) - and they arrange a minibus to whisk us all to the Airport in luxury. Off the top of my head it's around 1700B.

Thank you for your interest Timmy dear - and I must commend you on your last few posts - very literate and hardly a spelling mistake - a quite remarkable change. It's almost as if you've forgotten which ID you're posting on - but I wouldn't dream of suggesting such a thing.

:occasion9:

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 22:17
many thanks, now are you sure the little booth is still there ? and the price ? still the same as in 1978.
wind him up and watch him go, never fails :occasion9:

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2013, 22:30
Why, you're the very one to check it out are you not?

Did you not recently post you've just moved to Thailand in the last few days - to study English? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 22:33
no i recently posted that im going to be moving to thailand in the middle of next month to study thai, good to see you are as upto date with what im doing as you are with the local pattaya scene.

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2013, 22:44
Well, best of luck with that my sweet.

Now, when you get there be sure to check out the Pattayaland Travel booth will you?

And make sure the Thai man (Mr Suchart) is alive and really has a wife who works in the shop with him.

Then you can reassure all the SGT readers that contrary to your insinuations - he, she, and the shop really exist!

arsenal
September 29th, 2013, 22:49
Timmberty. :old: You haven't mastered English and now you intend to take on the Thai language. Hats off to you, a triumph of hope over experience.

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 22:51
i made no such insinuations that the shop didnt exhist, i just asked if it was still there. we all know how you like to tell us about your recent trips to spain and germany, but always tend to be a wee bit coy about the last outing to thailand.
tho if you have made arrangements with the lovely mister suchart to pick you up in the next few weeks or indeed the last few weeks then i will bow to your knowledge and appologise.
tho when im there i will indeed pass on your regards to him. if hes still there.
cant be easy being the most prominent poster on the board, and yet everyone knowing its years since you was last in thailand.
:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2013, 23:19
Actually, people "know" nothing of the sort.

All that people "know" is that you and MiniMee have alleged this - and if I were either of you I wouldn't presume that you are even taken seriously far less believed.

I keep my cards close to my chest and in the light of experiences which others have recently had where their personal and identifying information has been abused, I don't apologise for doing so. It seems to me to be entirely unwise to give any potentially identifying information out on the Thailand boards these days.

I would have thought your own recent experience of (stupidly) doing exactly that, would have made you realise this without my telling you.

If you wish to carry on your sniping - open a topic elsewhere. My initial contribution on this topic was a response to Joe and was topic-related - you were not addressed and (as usual) you have contributed nothing helpful or topic-related.

:occasion9:

timmberty
September 30th, 2013, 00:15
you do infact sum all the thai boards up. which would be pointless. to try and say your information is upto date and all topical is pointless. not that you do say that, cause then someone might know you have been to thailand recently, and you dont want to do that because then someone might say oh i saw a scotsman in pattaya and it would of have to have been you, cause you must be the ony scot who has ever been to thailand.
p.s. stupidy is putting your 'boyfriends' picture as your avatar, then getting upset it got hi-jacked, then thanking the hi-jackers for stopping using it. thanking people for not doing something they shouldnt !!!
and as you might have noticed i dont care if people know what i look like, tho for someone who always had a go at beachlover because he would never prove himself !!!!!!
wind him up and watch him go.

fedssocr
September 30th, 2013, 00:17
I've used thelimopattaya.com for the last few years. Very good service. The guy I had last year spoke very good English as well. Typically the cars are bigger than a regular taxi. And since I don't know the best way to get around Pattaya by car I am happy to book with a service where the driver knows where he's going.

The car services all know each other at the airport and can help you reach the company if there are any issues. But some one from the company has always been there waiting with a sign for me. Price is not much more than a taxi would cost.

joe552
September 30th, 2013, 01:26
I just had a look at thelimopattaya, and for 1200Bt seems very good. I might consider spending the extra next time I go.

christianpfc
October 1st, 2013, 18:33
I agree with latintopxxx, kittyboy, and timmberty.

Is booking a taxi or limousine between Bangkok and Pattaya a sexual fetish for some members?

The only thing I wonder is how much it would cost by meter to go from the airport to Pattaya.

latintopxxx
October 1st, 2013, 20:53
would cost a lot more as its about 20km from the airport to BKK downtown and the cost is around 350 with tolls. Distance from Pats to the airport is 120km, so you would be looking at 1500.

bing
October 2nd, 2013, 04:40
I have a different spin on having a taxi waiting for you as you exit the customs hall. I will have been traveling for some 24 hours and am beat up physically and emotionally. To see your name on a card and have the taxi man take your roller bag is just my idea of how I want to be welcomed to LOS. It is usually about midnight when I arrive and I'm not sure what the taxi line is like at that hour and I do not wish to find out. I have used a few different services an they all have been good. I had Tony's travel service on Soi 16 Think... It is the soi up from the Bordeaux Restaurant and turn right and it is in the first block,, They lined up taxi for 900 baht. It was a good car and on time.

joe552
October 2nd, 2013, 04:59
agree with you bing - it's just easier knowing there's a car waiting. after that length of time travelling, who needs to deal with a taxi queue, and still pay the same price? maybe it's an age thing, but I'll still happily book a car in advance from Mr. T or the like

and christian, this may be one of the things about Thailand that isn't sexual, just practical.

loke
October 3rd, 2013, 23:09
I travel by the direct bus from the airport to Jomtien bus station , only 134 baht .

Its easy and comfortable and you get to know a lot of other people , mostly russians
In Jomtien you just hire a privat tuk tuk to wherever you wanna go , maximum 200 baht .

And then you can spend all the money you saved on a nice dinner or tipping the boys.

joe552
October 4th, 2013, 03:10
loke, where are you travelling from? After a 24 hour journey from Europe, I'm not inclined to wait for a bus. I can be a cheap charlie with the best of them, and I've used the bus to go back to the airport, but on arrival I want a safe, comfortable and hassle free trip, so I'll pay for a private car.

loke
October 7th, 2013, 19:45
Joe , I travel from Europe too , but it is a 10 hour direct flight to Bangkok .

And I dont feel I am tired after a long flight , so I'm just waiting for the next bus downstairs at the airport and then 2 hours to Jomtien . No big deal .

I live here most of the year now , so the trips back to Europe are not that common anymore.

timmberty
October 8th, 2013, 03:02
i do wonder if some members manage to have as much sex as they claim in thailand.
if a few hours on a plane can leave many in such a state of confusion that they cant even get to order a cab or get on a bus, i really feel they must be joking about having sex 3 times a day.

pennyboy
October 8th, 2013, 20:22
I always have a pre arranged car meet me at the airport for transfer to Pattaya after my flight from Europe.
I don't do it to get a hard on seeing my name on a piece of paper.
I don't do it because I am unable to find a bus or meter taxi.
I do it because it's easy, I get a nice car , I get a nice reliable driver who does not drive like a maniac, it's only a few baht more than a meter taxi and surprise surprise I still have enough for nice meals and tips for the boys.
As for having sex 3 times a day, that is beyond my capabilities whether i travel by limo, meter taxi, bus or Dr Who's Tardis.

Dboy
October 21st, 2013, 00:35
Here's a hint, maybe useful. If you stay at Dynasty Hotel Bangkok (Soi Nana), you can get a free transfer to Dynasty Inn (Pattaya, Soi 13).

Dboy

focusedinthai
October 22nd, 2013, 08:52
Hello Everyone;

I am new to the forum - but certainly not new to the scene in Thailand. Live in Esan, but go to Pattaya regularly. When getting the taxi from the airport, we are always quoted 1,600 baht - I haven't had a 1,000 baht fare in well over a year. Has something changed? For now, the transfers are actually cheaper...

Where is Mr. T's office? I usually arrange my pickups by e-mail. Never once had a problem, just a minor late arrival of the driver who had overslept.... I always build in ample contingency for my time planning so catching my flight was achieved.

I can fully recommend Mr. T.