PDA

View Full Version : Are Thai Guys Stereotyped?

bucknaway
September 22nd, 2013, 11:46
For the most part, everyone seems to Stereotype the guys of Thailand. Many seem to think that all of them are poor. Others think that they are all for sale or rent. More still think that they are all after money from foreigners. Could it be that for the most part we all tend to see others through the tinted lens of the company we keep? Meaning that if you only surround yourself with poor -- living hand to mouth -- young moneyboys, you may tend to think that everyone is in the same situation, but it is nothing more than your own stereotype.

Not every guy in Thailand is poor. Not every guy in Thailand is for sale or rent. Not every guy in Thailand is on drung. Just because a guy is a sex worker does not mean that he does not have other options and it is very possible that he has made a comfortable life for himself.

Sooty
September 22nd, 2013, 13:59
Not every guy in Thailand is poor. Not every guy in Thailand is for sale or rent. Not every guy in Thailand is on drung. Just because a guy is a sex worker does not mean that he does not have other options and it is very possible that he has made a comfortable life for himself.OMG!!!!! You mean boys in Thailand are like boys the world over? Whoever would have thought???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well worth starting a thread. How controversial.

bucknaway
September 22nd, 2013, 14:06
Not every guy in Thailand is poor. Not every guy in Thailand is for sale or rent. Not every guy in Thailand is on drung. Just because a guy is a sex worker does not mean that he does not have other options and it is very possible that he has made a comfortable life for himself.OMG!!!!! You mean boys in Thailand are like boys the world over? Whoever would have thought???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well worth starting a thread. How controversial.

That is why I started it. People often talk about the thai guys as if they are so different than other guys and just talk about them as if they are nothing more than play-things. Take this post as a reminder that they are no different than guys the world over. :)

Now let me go see what you wrote in the other threads :)

Impulse
September 23rd, 2013, 11:21
Could it be that for the most part we all tend to see others through the tinted lens of the company we keep? Meaning that if you only surround yourself with poor -- living hand to mouth -- young moneyboys, you may tend to think that everyone is in the same situation, but it is nothing more than your own stereotype.

Yes, and it's easy to think this. I was guilty of it for a while. Beachlover always used to make a good point of this.
Thailand is aiming for a developed country status in the near future. I'm sure that the PTB are trying to eradicate the sex industry and sex tourist. Just a matter of time really. If you took away all the moneyboys and moneygirls what would we have, just another southeast asian country. Maybe there will always be easily obtained sex in los, just not so in your face as it is now.

gregvc
September 23rd, 2013, 13:20
you can only think that if you stay around those sex places. Move around more and meet the wide range of Thai guys. People who stay in Pattaya must have a very warped view of Thailand. I guess you think the same if you stayed in similar places in the west. But each to their own.

cdnmatt
September 23rd, 2013, 15:55
Only by the hardcore sexpats, who dash from the BKK arrivals area to the taxi cabs, while yelling in excitement, "Pattaya! Pattaya! I want to goto Pattaya!"

heh, there's 63 million people in this country. I'm quite certain they're not all for sale.

latintopxxx
September 23rd, 2013, 22:15
....disagree, Thailand is one of the few places where there is soooo much sex available for sale, be in male, female or anything in between, and with no discernable judeo/christian guitly/moral baggage.
Sure I can sample "boys" the world over, in Brazil, South Africa (poor whites r my favourites), eastern europe (too many to mention), Barcelona (north africans...delicious); but only in Thailand is it packaged super market style. On a stage, packed into speedos, brightly lit so one can examine the goods before hand. host bars, street trade, on the net.
I can hardly log onto Gr and not get bombarded, like 30 messages in 3 hours; i could hardly keep up. Just spent 4 days in BKK, drizzled most of the time, but oh what fun, boys logs on, says "up to you", I meet him outside the hotel...its raining, he's made the effort to meet me, I say 400, we settle on 500+ 100 if I'm really happy, must be low season, (well apart from Saturday, babylon was dead), but all said yes, some grudgingly...and fun was had.
so back to the point, if Thai boys are stereotyped, its because there is more than a grain of truth in it, like they say, where theres smoke theres fire!!

dab69
September 25th, 2013, 08:27
So, he's stereotyping that everyone stereotypes Thais.

arsenal
September 25th, 2013, 13:20
Latin wrote of the Thai boys "packaged supermarket style." A nice turn of phrase. :wave:

scottish-guy
September 25th, 2013, 15:58
If Larintopxxx is trying to get away with paying 400B, the "supermarket" must be Lidl and even then he must be shopping from the clearance shelf.

latintopxxx
September 25th, 2013, 17:09
scottyboy, you make it too easy, NOT to stereotype, but if there was a lidl of gogo boy bars, you would be LEADING the charge; I know I would most certainly be there, as long as I get to empty my balls and the boy is gratyeful...thats all that counts.
And having just spent a long weekend in BKK I did manage to rent quite a few between 400 and 800 + a small tip if they pleased me...amamzing what the silly boys will do extra for 100 or 200 extra. To quote the credir card peple...priceless. Am back mid december and can hardly wait.

pong
September 25th, 2013, 18:18
so now it seems that some posters here are more into stereotyping other posters. Come on-show you have brains to THINK and not endlessly repeat wordings from last century.

latintopxxx
September 25th, 2013, 20:25
pong, sometimes your posts/replies make no sense, I dont actually understand wht u just wrote! as for stereotyping, often times there is a lot of truth in it; i challemge you to show me one disorganized fun loving hard partying German.....simply does not exist!

egel
September 25th, 2013, 23:26
I say 400, we settle on 500+ 100 if I'm really happy

amamzing what the silly boys will do extra for 100 or 200 extra. Am back mid december and can hardly wait.
Im sure they are going to be queueing up....

latintopxxx
September 26th, 2013, 00:27
I was there from wednesday early afternoon to Sunday night, actually left on a 2am Monday morning flight. Had 4,5 days....did 10 commercial guys, not a single one turned me down, not a single one walked out with more than a 1000, two as low as 400 (I wasnt particularly impressed with their performance, and I did pick him up at central shopping on silom). Maybe its low season, or the rain, whatever...not sure but it was easy. best ones were the ones who said "up to you"on Gr or via sms, when we finally met outside my hotel I would offer 400-500 (depending on how good they looked), guess that after making the effort to actually make it across town to meet me they preferred to go ahead and at least take something home. So easy. One did actually walk away, but messeged me a minute later saying OK. oh what joy. And I made them work for the allotted time, 90 minutes, stopped the clock if they wanted to use the toilet or whatever; and shower time doesnt count.
so in reply to your question, yes there will be a queue, there alwys is, they want to sell and I have the cash.

gaymandenmark
September 26th, 2013, 01:17
Oh yes sure latino, and you also fly AMS-CPH-BKK in only 12 hours on SAS. :occasion9:

latintopxxx
September 26th, 2013, 11:18
to quote ronald reagan "there you go again"....getting a wee bit tiresome!! Just because you cant even score in a gogo bar (probablya combination of looks and body odor)...u find it hard to believe that a committed fuck tourist like myself (I have a phd in this) can sciore...easily!!
And how would I know that the dusit's pool is closed for repairs?? stop making a pathetic fool of yourself...for a change try to add value...
And yes it is only 12 hours flying time....

gaymandenmark
September 26th, 2013, 12:52
12 hours in total if I remember correctly and on SAS that did not fly the route at the time.

The reason for my remark, was that it is difficult for me to believe a person, when he ones has shown himself to be a liar or living in a fantasy world.

"And I made them work for the allotted time, 90 minutes, stopped the clock if they wanted to use the toilet or whatever; and shower time doesnt count.
so in reply to your question, yes there will be a queue..."

And you have no idea how easy it is for me to score, or anything about my looks and body odor.

You would be an honored member of a board, that it is forbidden to mention.

latintopxxx
September 27th, 2013, 09:13
you'r an argumentative bored bitter old man....before its too late, try to get a life. Contribute!!

Sooty
September 27th, 2013, 14:17
Can you prove any of your characterisations or are you just indulging in character assassination?
you'r an argumentative bored bitter old manargumentative?
bored?
bitter?
old?

gaymandenmark
September 27th, 2013, 16:13
:laughing3: This is an information to Latin:
I am not bored, bitter or that old, neither do I smell bad or look bad. In fact I have a very high score rate and a happy life.
You make some strange accusations, as you have never met or seen me.

Do you contribute to this board? you are telling the same over and over again. Don't you have another life than fucking the boys like goats when you are in Thailand?....not allowing them to go to the toilet in 90 minutes?.....even if you get shit on your dick?

But you are correct in one thing, I like to argue, when I read crap.

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2013, 16:52
Now, be fair, Gaymandenmark - Latintopxxx lets the boy use the toilet - he just stops the clock whilst the boy is in there, to ensure he gets his full 90 minutes worth!

latintopxxx
September 27th, 2013, 22:16
thanks scotty...nice someone is paying attention, yes they may use the toilet, simply not on my time!! And gaymanden...(honestly why such a long name...lack of imagination I suspect)...just proves...my point , what a bitter shriveled personality you possess; again plese contribute, stop taking!!

timmberty
September 27th, 2013, 22:28
timmytroll....I definitely smile...especially when the "boy"is taking a bit of strain!!

im confused, i get called a troll and scotty gets thanked !!!

and to be honest i dont see much difference between my quoted post above, and this one you made yourself.

manforall....why such bitterness, dearie me....life is better if you smile!!

do tell me the difference, and really you need to make up your mind who you want to be. one post is all dots then another has none, stick to one style and hopefully you wont give the game away latintroll.

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2013, 23:19
... i get called a troll and scotty gets thanked !!!......

Take the hint.

timmberty
September 27th, 2013, 23:59
... i get called a troll and scotty gets thanked !!!......

Take the hint.

omg you are latin !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never would have got that one.

latintopxxx
September 28th, 2013, 09:04
...u gave me such a giggle fit......I almost fell outa my chair!! I can assure the lot of u that I only post under one name, my life is too full and busy to try and squeeze another persona into it. Think my fingers would cramp up if I had to type all the scottish independence gibberish....

SimpleSoul
September 29th, 2013, 10:02
As a recent new member of this forum I get really intrigued when you all kick off. Accusations and libels flying in all directions.

I am hoping some of this is tongue-in-cheek but fear most of the vitriol is intended and heartfelt.

I assume you all have history with one another. Anyway, as a bystander who only occasionally receives some collateral damage -- KEEP IT UP; whilst these explosives are often not on the exact topic under discussion it does lighten my day.

latintopxxx
September 29th, 2013, 10:27
oh dear lord, no...no..no, I have no history with any of this lot, have never met any either, and have no interest. Adfter all they're all sandal wearing, tofu eating tree huggers who make love to the gogo boys and shower them with buckts of money all the while profusely apologising for the whole event. I on the mean time just wanna fuck em hard for as long as possible for little as possible...so wtf would we have to chat about!!

timmberty
September 29th, 2013, 15:05
simple soul, how one earth could anyone get upset with anyone else on a message board filled with people you have probably never met and even if you have met them you propably wouldnt know it as most are faceless.
even the couple i have met i have liked, but they still get the shyte thrown their way on here, but atleast they should know its all done in jest.

September 29th, 2013, 22:24
It is probably too soon for me reply to his subject, my first ever post, already says something about Thais in general.

I can not respond to people posting here, really yet, because I do not know you guys and have been here to short to have an opinion about any posters.

I think you need to separate the Thai Guys in to 2 groups, yes it sucks, but just for clarity.

1- Thai Guys
2- Thai Guys whom do work in a bar/gogo and get paid to have sex with farangs.

STOP, do not get upset, of course the 2 groups should be more separated. A simple answer to group 2 is, many guys in bars look for a future with you and your money. Others just want money for short time sex.

In group 1 the same is true, but percentage (%) wise it is the other way around.

If my first post gets approved, you will see that I do not do gay bars anymore.
There is so much more interesting going on in the real Thai world.

jinks
September 29th, 2013, 23:21
ALREADY MY LIFE... YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD, maybe this board too !

Yes your first post, let's see what our esteemed members think.

Surfcrest
September 29th, 2013, 23:58
I think you need to separate the Thai Guys in to 2 groups, yes it sucks, but just for clarity.

1- Thai Guys

STOP, do not get upset, of course the 2 groups should be more separated. A simple answer to group 2 is, many guys in bars look for a future with you and your money. Others just want money for short time sex.

In group 1 the same is true, but percentage (%) wise it is the other way around.

Where are the percentages (%) that you suggest then, if it is the other way around?

1- Thai Guys

a - many guys in bars look for a future with you and your money.
b - Others just want money

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
September 30th, 2013, 00:05
If we are to start allocating percentages, there have to be ground rules.

Polling organisations suggest a minimum sample of 1000 before a credible opinion can be obtained.

Therefore, I'd say that only SGT members who have procured the services of a minimum of 1000 sex workers are qualified to judge these matters.

So, that's Joe, NIrish, a447, and Latintopxxx - who else?

:laughing3:

timmberty
September 30th, 2013, 00:17
edited: to allow the management to have their fun :alc: lets hope no one spotted it.

scottish-guy
September 30th, 2013, 00:23
You can say that again.

But please don't.

joe552
September 30th, 2013, 00:31
thanks for the compliment, scottish-guy, but I'm not worthy to be in such esteemed company (read: sluts). I can but dream.

jinks
September 30th, 2013, 00:37
Let US (the management) have some fun for once !

September 30th, 2013, 03:09
The "real Thai world" I usually find those who use the phrase the real world are patronizing bastards.

latintopxxx
September 30th, 2013, 15:29
I'm slightly confused, ofcourse the whole of thailand is not for sale (if only!!), a small, and I mean small percentage have opted to sell themselves as it is a quick and high money earner for someone with no or only a basic education.
Even if they only get bought every 2nd day for the low low rate of BHt500, this is still double what a 7-11 employee earns, and its tax free.
I certainly am not silly enough to believe that soi twilight in BKK or sunnee plaza in pats represent Thailand overall; even in these fleshmarkets most of the "boys" have some sense of shame/embarrasment; which I enjoy exploiting for my pleasure. But again this is not representative of the vast majority of thailand.
In my vast, and I mean vast experience as a world wide connoisseur (I know how that sounds, but the truth is at times hard) of working "boys", I can split the working "Boys"in to two main types, (1) the ones who just want to get the whole thing over with as soon as possible by the as little as possible; with these I take great pleasure in ensuring that I draw it out for as long as possible by stopping the clock and insist on the fulfillment of promised acts and (2) the cleverer ones, who turn on the charm and genuinely do their best to give you the best possibly experience and are usually capable of putting up a great performance; I have also had great sex with the latter.
As for the sampling rate of 1000, I stopped counting a long time ago....

Sooty
September 30th, 2013, 16:09
Isn't the split
a those who fuck
b those who allow themselves to get fucked

????

And then the split is along the horizontal axis
a those who get paid
b those who don't

It's a matrix, not a binary question

latintopxxx
September 30th, 2013, 16:28
If they dont bottom they dont get considered as far as I'm concerned. So good point. My experience is limited to gversatile/bottom "boys"only.

christianpfc
October 1st, 2013, 22:45
If my first post gets approved, you will see that I do not do gay bars anymore.
There is so much more interesting going on in the real Thai world.

But there are no boys dancing (or standing around) in their underwear in the real Thai world.