PDA

View Full Version : Gyms In Bangkok

camperboy
September 22nd, 2013, 08:47
Hello all

I will be going to Bangkok again next week for 6 days. And this time, I do not want to miss my gym sessions.

This time, I will be staying at Tarntawan. Looking forward to it. However, just realized that they do not have any gym. Scouring through Google, I saw a post which mentioned access to the nearby Clark Hatch for 400baht per day which is a discounted price which is still considered expensive IMHO. Not sure if this is the current promo.

I am not a big fan of big commercial gyms as it is expensive per entry. Are there any smaller gyms around Silom area or nearby that is accessible for foreigners? Erm, the one at the park is not conducive for me. I think I still prefer the 4 walls around me. Haha

Thanks in advance!! :occasion5:

bucknaway
September 22nd, 2013, 09:02
Many gyms have an agreement with other gyms that may let you visit a gym in Thailand at a very low rate and possibly even free.
When I told my gym I was going to Thailand they pulled out a thick book that had names of associated gyms I could go to at a free or reduced rate.

Good luck!

camperboy
September 22nd, 2013, 09:11
Many gyms have an agreement with other gyms that may let you visit a gym in Thailand at a very low rate and possibly even free.
When I told my gym I was going to Thailand they pulled out a thick book that had names of associated gyms I could go to at a free or reduced rate.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Bangkok Youth Centre seems like the place to go. though not sure how the environment there is like and whether it is open to foreigners....

bucknaway
September 22nd, 2013, 20:22
I don't visit many of the gyms in Thailand. I tried working out but I hate being stuck in the gym while there is fun to be had.

Maxxy
September 23rd, 2013, 16:16
I recently signed up for Clark Hatch for 28 days and it was a damn lot cheaper than 400 baht a day, cost for 28 days was around 3800 baht.

Sen Yai
September 23rd, 2013, 19:30
The old California gym in Silom (Liberty Square, on the corner of Soi Convent) is now operating as Crush Fitness https://www.facebook.com/CrushFitnessBkk

They only have the 2nd & 3rd floor areas (not 19th) but most of the equipment is the same, with new orange upholstery. The old aerobics studio is now the main gym area with weights and resistance machines.

They have a daily membership for 500 baht or a monthly membership for only 999 baht, which makes sense if you're in town for more than a few days.

Surfcrest
September 23rd, 2013, 20:43
I've posted this option before as well...as they are both in the area, within an easy motorcycle taxi ride away behind Surawong....between MBK;

High end or low end? Price? Olympic Club at Patumwan Princess Hotel. It's located at MBK, BTS National Stadium though it will probably put you back about 24,000baht per year. Great salt water olympic size pool though.

Something cheaper with pool you could check out National Stadium Pool and Gym. Public government gym. Not sure of the hours but something like 30 baht to use. They have a membership as well. Also located at National Stadium BTS station.

The expensive option with tons of cuties to view in the mirror....or the cheaper option, with lots of older Thai men to hang out with.
Or there's the totally free option....the outdoor equipment in Lumphini Park near Ratchadamri BTS Station.

Surfcrest

timmberty
September 23rd, 2013, 20:51
i dont believe the gym in the park is actually free ... i think they have some kind of payment in place, tho of course it wouldnt be much, it also wouldnt be much use for the OP as he states in his post that he wouldnt use it.

there are two gyms in the park. tho the one more hiden away, ive never seen anyone using it.

camperboy
September 24th, 2013, 11:38
The old California gym in Silom (Liberty Square, on the corner of Soi Convent) is now operating as Crush Fitness https://www.facebook.com/CrushFitnessBkk

They only have the 2nd & 3rd floor areas (not 19th) but most of the equipment is the same, with new orange upholstery. The old aerobics studio is now the main gym area with weights and resistance machines.

They have a daily membership for 500 baht or a monthly membership for only 999 baht, which makes sense if you're in town for more than a few days.

Hmm if I opt for the monthly membership, I am pretty sure they will make me commit for a year or so...

Looking at my schedule, I would be looking at at least 3 days of gym session. And definitely the 999 is a good deal.

Hmm thanks guys! I will check out national stadium for their community public gyms as well.