PDA

View Full Version : Coming and Going.......

bucknaway
September 21st, 2013, 05:58
Do you have a favorite thing to do once you arrive in Thailand? What about your last full day in Thailand? Is there something that you always try to do on your last day? Is there a special place you like to eat at on the first or last day of your Holiday in Thailand?

When I first arrive, I like to spend it at Babylon. That way, I still have a chance to jump feet first into the fun if I get in late and the bars are closed. If I get in early enough I will head straight to Silom, browse the tables and see whats being sold before I head to Balcony or Telephone Pub. I may take a walk to Soi Twilight without going into any of the bars, just wanting to map the place out for later and to see whats open and what my options are. Once the night is over then I head to the Malaysia Hotel to flirt with the guys and to get s small bite to eat before I go back to babylon for a shower in the community bathroom and if luck is on my side I will find a guy to bring back to my room.

On my final day, I like to get a foot massage. Eat some noodle soup outside of Soi Paradise, get a massage from one of the less flashy massage places in Silom and at night I will buy the things I was holding off on. Later I will catch a show as one or two gogo bars, go to DJ station till closing time, go back to Malaysia for a light bite, go back to my room, pack my bags and make sure I have everything in order for my flight home.

Nirish guy
September 21st, 2013, 06:12
I will head straight to Silom, browse the tables and see whats being sold. ..............and if luck is on my side I will find a guy to bring back to my room.

Well if your trips are anything like mine you will marvel at how NOTHING new ever seems to appear on any stall and how nothing ever changes ! I've actually given up now even looking at most stalls and it's a running joke with my dear mother that she'll end up getting soap cut into the shape of a flower in a small holder with a lid as her token fun present ( she's got one hell of a collection of them now :-) - and as for "if luck is one my side" - it's Bangkok for goodness sake so since when does "LUCK" come in to it as to whether you'll get a shag or not, surely that simple fact is taken as read after travelling such a distance to get there for that very reason !? :-)

bucknaway
September 21st, 2013, 06:33
I try not to take anything for granted... Not even sex at Babylon. It could end up being that when I arrive, no-one who is my type is staying at Babylon or I may not be the type for the guys I may like....

Anything could happen when I arrive, so I am just going to go with the flow and let things happen as they do.

TravellerDave
September 21st, 2013, 14:54
After a long tiring journey - 24 hours for me home to hotel Pattaya I make the mistake of rushing things. Within 5 minutes of checking in, which is usually in the morning I'm on gayromeo arranging for a boy, before even unpacking Furthermore the boy has to arrive like in the next 10 minutes.
The experience is often not satisfactory. I must take it easy. Unpack, have a long shower, have a nap. Go out for a stroll to see if the town has changed. Phone a couple of acquaintances. Next time definitely.

camperboy
September 21st, 2013, 17:01
:bis:

The first thing I usually do is to get a FOOT MASSAGE!! Best way to spend the time away. I usually arrived in the morning and can only checked in around noon. So that is the best place for me to pass the time.

Next week I will be going again but arriving late. I guess I will go straight to the DB to see MAI BOY! lol

joe552
September 21st, 2013, 22:23
keen to prolong the stereotype, my first stop is the Pattaya Beer Garden, for some re-hydration. :alc:

christianpfc
September 23rd, 2013, 23:22
I usually go straight to Soi Twilight. From Europe, my flights usually arrived in the evening, so that was quite favorable for hitting the gogo bars, and the time shift was favorable as.

When I first arrive, I like to spend it at Babylon. That way, I still have a chance to jump feet first into the fun if I get in late and the bars are closed. If I get in early enough I will head straight to Silom...

What do you mean, the bars are closed (around 2 am), but Babylon is still open? Probably not the sauna, it closes at 10:30 pm, even on weekends.

bucknaway
September 24th, 2013, 00:01
Right, the sauna is closed but there is still some fun to be had in the hotel section throughout the night.

loke
September 27th, 2013, 22:22
Since I stay in Thailand 6 months at a time , its a bit different what I do .

When I arrive from Europe I spend the first week to visit all the gaybars and clubs I know about in BKK & Pattaya.
Then I will get bored if it and for the next 5 months just live my life, communicate with my friends and try to continue to socialize but I stay away from the bar scene most of the time .

The last week before I go back to Europe I will repeat my first week and go crazy in the clubs, alone or with my special Thai friend.

Surfcrest
September 30th, 2013, 09:32
For me, coming back to Thailand is just as special twenty years later as it was the first time. WellтАжnot entirely so, but close.

I like to travel back on the same flight IтАЩve been coming on for as long as I can recall. The flight departs around 2 AM, flies with the night sky the whole way and gets into Hong Kong 12 hours or so later at 7 AM or so and a quick, efficient connection in HKG to get me back in the air again an hour or so later. IтАЩm a veteran long hauler. I can sleep better in a plane than I can in a hotel room and so quite often I sleep the whole wayтАжonly rising in the morning for breakfast.

IтАЩm usually passing through Suvarnabhumi just after 11 AM, and dilly dally (Arrange SIM cards / Go to the ATM) and am getting into Pattaya no later than 2 PM. Unfortunately, I usually come in on a Friday and so the traffic heading to Pattaya is thickтАжbut with good tunes on in my buds and an good internet connection in the back seatтАжIтАЩm not missing much scenery.

From the moment I step out of the cab in Jomtien, the routine gets even smoother. IтАЩll have a quick bit of business looked after in the office, my bags brought up, the power and water turned on and a good breeze coming in the windows I've just thrown openтАж.as the afternoon sun creeps across the balcony. By the time IтАЩm unpacked, itтАЩs as though I never left.

All of this is just the prelude to the answer to your question;

Do you have a favorite thing to do once you arrive in Thailand?
Once IтАЩve got everything looked after back home, I like to take the walk down to the beachтАжto the chairs. I like to have a look at what has changed along the way, if anything. Hopefully wave to someone I know, or see some familiar faces or friends. And IтАЩll stop by to see my favorite beach chair vendor, someone IтАЩve known well since the very first visit to Thailand. And IтАЩll have a seat and have a plate of noodles, or somethingтАж.and IтАЩll always order a couple of cold beers and invite my friend down to share one with me. ItтАЩs the only occasion I will ever drink a beer down at the beachтАжand my friend tells me he doesnтАЩt drink anymoreтАжbut heтАЩll share a beer with me, this time. And heтАЩll tell me whatтАЩs new, any changes in the staff and fix me up a spot in the morning, close to my usual friends.

Maybe IтАЩll stay for an hourтАжor maybe IтАЩll be the last chair there as the sun goes down....I did the latter this year, that was great!

This is what I doтАж.how each visit beginsтАжfollowed by perfect day, after perfect dayтАж

Surfcrest

bucknaway
October 2nd, 2013, 23:48
You know, for a moment, I almost felt like I was arriving in Thailand and in a taxi with you..... :-)

Surfcrest
October 3rd, 2013, 01:26
I bring a lot of luggage.....to and from Thailand.....your bag might have to ride up front with the driver :bis:
Have a great time there bucknaway....don't buy any more of those cheap Thai suitcases, go with the best....Briggs and Riley!

Anyhow, as you can see....between all my visits to the tanning salon (Where ever the hell they would be in Pattaya?...lol) I'm down at the beach most days.
I only go into Pattaya itself, for dinner....or to pick up some things at Big C. I love the community and the people where I live and most of all sitting out on the balcony
each evening....watching the sun set. There's even a guy on one of the floors below me, who plays his saxophone out on his balcony around that time.
It's a beautiful world!

After a month or two of living like this everyday.....it would be easy to consider doing this permanently, if it wasn't for the rainy season....and the fact that I love coming home to Vancouver.

Surfcrest

anonone
October 3rd, 2013, 08:03
"..don't buy any more of those cheap Thai suitcases, go with the best....Briggs and Riley!

Love B&R ! Best suitcases ever. This is the one piece of advice I give to anyone that asks about frequent travel. You have no idea how much quality luggage makes a trip easier...and B&R is awesome.

In regard to the thread topic, as you might expect, my arrival and departure is centered around BF. I typically arrive late at night, landing at BKK around 11 or 11:30 PM. I hop into the taxi and pick up BF someplace in Pattaya. He stays in Isan, so usually leaves on the bus to Pattaya the night before, arriving early in the morning. He will stay with friends or grab a cheap room someplace to catch some sleep.

After picking up BF, we head to wherever we are staying that trip. BF likes to arrive at the hotel together...feels more like a couple. :love4:
After we get to the room, you can use your imagination as to what happens next. LOL

After a bit, BF is usually tired and goes to sleep. With my body clock being so messed up from the travel, I am usually wide awake and will hit the town. I will head to Crazy Pub to see if they are still open. If so, we usually end up with some bottles, then off to Dave Man or Tam Nan Isan.

My arrival in Thailand isn't complete until I have been up all night partying and stumble back to BF during the dawn.

:party