A touching segment

[youtube:200lx3vf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s22HX18wDY[/youtube:200lx3vf]

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2013, 15:49
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

bucknaway
September 21st, 2013, 00:41
If that don't tug at the heart strings I don't know what will.

timmberty
September 21st, 2013, 00:51
if he hadnt of kept giving all the vegie soup away he would have been able to afford the treatment himself :alc:

gaymandenmark
September 21st, 2013, 01:14
oh yes sure, instead of giving that vegie soup away, he could easily have earned around 800.000 baht.
:salute: for your stupidity.

joe552
September 21st, 2013, 02:41
while I thought the ad was heart-warming, I did wonder how the young boy managed to put himself through college to become a doctor. maybe he found a sugar daddy in Pattaya?

I know I'm being cynical, but really just joking - a very effective commercial.

timmberty
September 21st, 2013, 02:45
while I thought the ad was heart-warming, I did wonder how the young boy managed to put himself through college to become a doctor. maybe he found a sugar daddy in Pattaya?

I know I'm being cynical, but really just joking - a very effective commercial.

thats where you are wrong joe, an effective commercial makes you go and and buy the product that is being advertised. would you buy true vision because of this ? i wouldnt.

joe552
September 21st, 2013, 03:15
thats where you are wrong joe, an effective commercial makes you go and and buy the product that is being advertised. would you buy true vision because of this ? i wouldnt.

but it's not aimed at us ad savvy westerners, timmberty - the audience for True is local Thais, so it could well be effective. I don't know anything about advertising, and was really just posting to wonder how the young boy made it through medical school from such humble beginnings- but not in a serious way

timmberty
September 21st, 2013, 03:19
but it's not aimed at us ad savvy westerners, timmberty - the audience for True is local Thais, so it could well be effective. I don't know anything about advertising, and was really just posting to wonder how the young boy made it through medical school from such humble beginnings- but not in a serious way

i very much doubt it joe. some of the best adverts i have ever watched on t.v. have left me spelbound ( ok not really )
then at the end of it i think to myself what the hell was that for ?

joe552
September 21st, 2013, 03:25
while I know all the words in your last post, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

bucknaway
September 22nd, 2013, 20:26
If it touches the Thai heart, then it was worth every baht. As far as "face" goes, this gives the company what it desired.