PDA

View Full Version : TRT Dissolved?

June 7th, 2006, 23:20
It is hard to believe that the current crisis in government could get worse but if it is proven that the TRT called the snap elections after Taksin's
departure to use minor newly formed parties to win certain seats and greater majority then it seems likely that Thailand's master/wonder party could be dissolved. Thaksin certainly would be compelled to officially resign, and the end result for the country could be, well, much worse than it already is. Of course, the final ruling looks like it will be made by the Constitutional Court, a court which has voted in Taksins favor numerous times already.

Thai Rak Thai party targeted for dissolution

Posted :8 Hour,27 minutes Ago

The embattled Election Commission ( EC) of Thailand Tuesday night passed the buck to the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) on whether to dissolve the ruling Thai Rak Thai Party, handing over all legal documents and evidence of investigation to the OAG.

According to the reports of the local newspaper Nation on Wednesday, EC did so without making any specific comment or opinion on the evidence and documents.

The report -- produced by an EC subcommittee -- indicated that the Thai Rak Thai had violated the law by hiring small political parties to run in the April 2 election and subsequent rounds of voting.

It allegedly did this so its candidates would be able to take seats without having to win 20 percent of the vote -- the minimum required to win the seat if they had run unopposed.

Attorney-General Pachara Yuthithamdamrong said his office would determine if it would forward the charges to the Constitutional Court for a final ruling.

The EC had not specified any legal grounds for dissolving the Thai Rak Thai Party so his office would have to strictly follow Sections 66 and 67 of the Political Party Act to determine whether the party violated the law and whether it should be dissolved, Pachara was quoted as saying by the newspaper. Chaikasem Nithisiri, deputy chief of the OAG, was appointed to chair the committee that will examine the legal documents and other evidence from the EC.

FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL NEWS CLICK HERE

June 8th, 2006, 00:38
I think TRT dissolution would be great news!

June 8th, 2006, 08:33
Tell us, please, what you think would be the result of the power vacuum if TRT were to be dissolved. What benevolent, 24-hour party government do you think would rise in its place?

June 8th, 2006, 09:06
This is absurd! TRT is historically a VERY NEW party in Thailand which is ALL about Thaksin.
No Thaksin, no need for TRT.
Thailand doesn't need TRT or Thaksin!

June 8th, 2006, 22:03
This is absurd! TRT is historically a VERY NEW party in Thailand which is ALL about Thaksin.

can you see him going away?

I can see maybe 1 term away from office so that others can get in a big mess then he returns as the hero to save the nation?

June 8th, 2006, 23:12

can you see him going away?

I can see maybe 1 term away from office so that others can get in a big mess then he returns as the hero to save the nation?
Of course, he could go away. He could go to jail. If he loses power, he is in deep trouble, that is why he is fighting so hard.

June 8th, 2006, 23:30
Jail? Right...dream on.

June 8th, 2006, 23:45
Jail? Right...dream on.
I guess you don't follow the news.

June 8th, 2006, 23:48
I guess you know nothing about Thailand.

June 8th, 2006, 23:50
I guess you know nothing about Thailand.
Thaksin is TRT. TRT goes, Thaksin goes. If TRT and Thaksin goes, Thaksin's enemies in power, and the courts can look at the criminal behavior of Thaksin. At the very least, he is liable to lose his vast fortune. Again, this is why he fights so hard.

June 8th, 2006, 23:57
You moron. Thaksin goes, and his cronies will be in power. His "enemies" (I guess you mean the Democrats) don't have near enough power or public support to form a government. Even if they did, there's no way Thaksin would ever "go to jail". That is not the way Thailand works, no matter who is in power. Do you know how many truly murderous Thai dictators "went to jail" once they lost power? Starts with a "z"...

I suggest you do some selected readings on modern Thai history

June 9th, 2006, 00:08
You moron. Thaksin goes, and his cronies will be in power. His "enemies" (I guess you mean the Democrats) don't have near enough power or public support to form a government. Even if they did, there's no way Thaksin would ever "go to jail". That is not the way Thailand works, no matter who is in power. Do you know how many truly murderous Thai dictators "went to jail" once they lost power? Starts with a "z"...

Not necessarily. You presened one possible scenario and you act like it is the only one. Not so. You don't know how this is going to turn out more than anyone else. Marcos went down and his cronies did not take over there. Things change. I also don't believe he will go to jail, but I do believe his fortune is under threat, otherwise, he wouldn't be fighting, he would be booking his new mansions in exile.

June 9th, 2006, 01:18

Not necessarily. You presened one possible scenario and you act like it is the only one. Not so. You don't know how this is going to turn out more than anyone else. Marcos went down and his cronies did not take over there. Things change. I also don't believe he will go to jail, but I do believe his fortune is under threat, otherwise, he wouldn't be fighting, he would be booking his new mansions in exile.

Some people once they have power never want to give it up............... look at some european countries........its not always the money thing........

June 9th, 2006, 06:01
Could be, but my gut tells me Thaksin is more motivated by money.

June 9th, 2006, 09:56
... I'm with boygeenyus 100%. This Is Thailand (TIT) also known as Amazing Thailand

June 9th, 2006, 10:06
I think TRT WILL be dissoved, Thaksin will go away, and the Thai Democrat party will take power. There is a vacuum already, somethings gotta give. The Thai Democrat party is an old established Thai party, TRT WAS a flash in the pan which was ALL about the cult of personality of Thaksin.

June 9th, 2006, 14:11
Yeah, its really IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen!

Prosecutors to make decision on Thai Rak Thai case next Friday: spokesman

A working committee of the public prosecutors will make a decision next Friday as to whether to return the case of election fraud charges to the Election Commission or send it to the Constitution Court for party dissolution.

Atthapol Yaisawang, the spokesman of the Office of the Attorney General, said the working committee would convene a meeting on June 16 to select one of the two options.

Source: The Nation - 08 June 2006

June 9th, 2006, 14:27
No one said party dissolution was impossible, or even unlikely. I think it could actually happen.

What IS unlikely is that the Democrats will "come to power", and what is virtually impossible is that Thaksin might "go to jail" or "have his fortune taken away".

June 9th, 2006, 21:17
How about a "brand new party" - funded by taksin !

June 9th, 2006, 23:51
Dissolving a Thai political party has about as much effect as canceling the business license of a bar that employs underage boys. The next day, a "new" bar with a new name opens up in the same place, with the same owners and the same staff in place.

June 10th, 2006, 00:50
Yes, but TRT is a cult of personality party totally dependent on Thaksin, so your analogy is irrelevant in this case.

June 10th, 2006, 00:53
You think Thaksin is the only evil, greedy bastard in TRT? He goes, there's a long line waiting to take his place. Ho hum.

June 10th, 2006, 00:56
You think Thaksin is the only evil, greedy bastard in TRT? He goes, there's a long line waiting to take his place. Ho hum.
The only one with the personality to do what he did. Can you even NAME another one of them? I think not.

June 10th, 2006, 01:09
Just one? Where to start? How about we start with Mrs. Pojamarn Shinawatra? Too easy? How about the vile Bhokin Palakul? The repugnant Pracha Maleenont? The Buriram gangster Newin Chidchob? General Thammarak? Dr. Surakiat? All repulsive, greedy creatures who could and would do what Thaksin did IN ONE SECOND given the chance. You really think these monsters and their ilk are going to disappear when/if TRT is dissolved?

June 10th, 2006, 01:17
Don't know, and you don't either.

June 10th, 2006, 01:35
It's obvious you know nothing about Thai politics, that's for sure. How long have you been here, anyway?

June 10th, 2006, 01:37
None of your business. I am sure you know more than me, just pointing out nobody, including you, really knows what is going to happen to TRT and Thaksin.

June 10th, 2006, 01:55
I do know more than you. A lot more. First intelligent thing I've ever see you write.

June 10th, 2006, 01:58
I do know more than you. A lot more. First intelligent thing I've ever see you write.
Arrogance is unbecoming.

June 10th, 2006, 01:59
So is stupidity.

June 10th, 2006, 02:03
So is stupidity.
Touche. How predictable.

June 10th, 2006, 20:06
I think it's gonna be quite a fight. The opposition hates him and is NEVER gonna give in. Thou shalt reap what thy sow and arrogance is one of his very bad qualities which has flown back in his face, royally. He's fresh out of the lockerroom, however. His loot, the treasure of the country, is safely tucked away tax free in British offshore sanctuaries (and who knows what else he set up during his "vacation"?) They'll never get his fortune, but TIT he could easily go to jail, seeing how fast his support can turn against him at that final moment. But he is one programmed mobile phone call away from readying the country's own jet to lift him out of the country should the possibilty of detainment ever arise - and that's is a good possibility. Overall, he has little to worry about now. Things are getting pretty bad and the worse off Thailand now becomes the more likely it is that he would declare himself a Ferdinand Marco style martial law dictator to "save" Thailand, immediately silencing his worst enemy, free speech. He dreams of power, unrestrained. No matter what happens with the "elections" his party has the money and the power to bend rules and cheat to their benefit. It is, sadly, an even longer road back to Democracy for the country now that it is ruined by his careless and selfish departure. Just wait until the end of the truce, coming soon. I just think it's great to see everything getting back to normal in Thailand. In the end, and it may be a long wait, it will be in Thailand's interest. LLTK.

June 10th, 2006, 20:51
None of your business. I am sure you know more than me, just pointing out nobody, including you, really knows what is going to happen to TRT and Thaksin.That doesn't seem to have stopped you making highly fanciful predictions on all sorts of topics in recent threads

June 11th, 2006, 00:48
None of your business. I am sure you know more than me, just pointing out nobody, including you, really knows what is going to happen to TRT and Thaksin.That doesn't seem to have stopped you making highly fanciful predictions on all sorts of topics in recent threads
The main prediction I have made, which is a rather mainstream opinion, is that TRT will be dissolved. And without TRT, Thaksin is out of it.