PDA

View Full Version : HideMyAss ... !!! ??

Smiles
September 15th, 2013, 11:47
Just returned to Thailand last Tuesday from a lengthy few months back in Canada. Am glad to see the boys are working hard posting away and keeping Sawatdee healthy (?) wealthy (??) and occasionally wise. Christian has been nicely retaining his enormously entertaining tight sphincter; Timmberty his normal trollist outlook-cum-agenda; Surfcrest is hammering away still at that useless group of Neal-lickers living over there the Dark Side of civilised Boardie Land. And others ...

True Move (hereafter refered to as 'The Bastards') is my internet server in-the-home and thus I cannot access Sawatdee directly through them, the bastards, having blocked this website for what seems like 7 or 8 years now. Mr Surfcrest ('Savior of Sawatdee' or SoS for short) kndly gave me some direction towards Web Proxy addresses and if anyone has the same problem I would suggest taking a look at http://www.hidemyass.com and click on 'Web Proxy' at the top of the page. That will lead you to a field where you can type in the Sawatdee URL address. It's somewhat slower, but does not (yet) seem to crash at inopportune moments.

So here is an iconic song of Thailand (or Isaan to be more specific) which has been my lonely touchstone while back in cold and windy Canuckville: when I click on this I hear the inner beat of medium/slow morlum music and dancing. There is no better example of the kind of gentle, graceful, antithesis-to-headbanging music which I love (and crave) about the back country of Thailand. I think, if we did not get into the back reaches of Surin (or Buriram, or Kalasin, or SiSaket, or Ubon ... wherever you Thai guy hails from) for at least 3 or 4 weeks a year I think I would melt away.

[youtube:2vpogehb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TCJveaykJg[/youtube:2vpogehb]

atri1666
September 16th, 2013, 08:28
I am customer there since many years.

Patanawet
September 16th, 2013, 12:01
Has anyone used TOR as an anonymiser? It works like an anonymous browser.

krobbie
September 16th, 2013, 15:41
Smiles, I loved that video. Thanks. I am stuck down under so a little Thai flavouir was very welcome.

Cheers
krobbie

netrix
September 16th, 2013, 20:16
I have the same problem in Thailand. You can also use http://www.spotflux.com/ - a free download for pc, mac, or mobile.
The location and identity of your devices are concealed. Your connection to the internet is safer, more private, and unrestricted.

jvt22222
September 17th, 2013, 08:33
For years I have used <cooloo.org> .... I mainly use it to get past the use limit of the websites of the New York Times (10 pages) and the Washington Post (20 pages) ..... after reaching the use limit each month, they require payment ...... <cooloo.org> bypasses their controls and you can view the websites unlimited .... minor issue is that one cannot view VDO clips nor some photo galleries with COOLOO .... it appears to be much faster than <hidemyass.com>.

Smiles
September 17th, 2013, 08:57
Thanks guys for all the suggestions for other proxies for getting onto the Board. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff, so any help is appreciated.

newalaan2
September 17th, 2013, 17:47
I would suggest taking a look at http://www.hidemyass.com and click on 'Web Proxy' at the top of the page
I've used 'hidemyass' as well as others when having problems viewing SGT in Thailand, sometimes they work for a while then become problematic, so I go to http://proxy.org where they have choices from over 2000 proxies and just pick one at random, always manage to find one which will work. Some other good suggestions here I might try on my upcoming trip if I need to.

when I click on this I hear the inner beat of medium/slow morlum music and dancing. There is no better example of the kind of gentle, graceful, antithesis-to-headbanging music which I love (and crave) about the back country of Thailand. I think, if we did not get into the back reaches of Surin (or Buriram, or Kalasin, or SiSaket, or Ubon ... wherever you Thai guy hails from) for at least 3 or 4 weeks a year I think I would melt away.
I never stay in one place on a Thailand visit now, and as much as there are very small challenges with visits to Issan, a Thailand trip could never be complete without one. Coming from a farming childhood and living in villages rather than cities in the Northern half of Scotland throughout my life at home I love the rural landscape of bfs village/town in Issan. The day starts with music in our room while sorting out the days plans, showering and getting ready to the strains of bfs back catalogue of morlam/thai/Issan music has you a million miles away from Farangland, (although some concession is given to some western music as bf loves Greenday type stuff) along with the splutter of the two-wheel 'tractor' engines waking up in Issan I find very agreeable.

Surfcrest is hammering away still at that useless group of Neal-lickers living over there the Dark Side of civilised Boardie Land
'Hammering away' is sometimes the only way false, inaccurate info can be 'put right' if you need/want to, it can also be slightly amusing to see some of the hysterical 'thoughts' of Neal from time to time just to confirm how damaged he actually is, but surely the most satisfaction can be gained, not from arguing back or watching TBB die a slow death at the hands of Neal, but knowing just how peeved, sick and furious Neal must be as he sees just how successful SGT is without him and all it needs is to keep SGT busy and those frustrations will be forever-lasting............He has 4 regular contributors and goodness knows how many of those are his own Hydras, just how pathetic a failure is that? The inane ramblings of 357sussex and Neal are reaching new all-time low's there. Another Board brought to it's knees by the most useless creature in the history of gay Thailand forums.

witchhunt
September 18th, 2013, 07:52
If you lived in London would you promote your home as Londin. Same as New York would you accept Nu York. Surely that bristles an outsider and has to upset other posters.
Sometimes I have seen overseas write Pataya or Pattayya.

But sidney from a local ???????

paulg
September 18th, 2013, 11:40
He had no problems where he lived when posting

His goal if we don't vote him out in 2007 is to make this country same as America,only the other day on the TV he was calling petrol ,using the American term of gas.

Unbelievable and you blokes vote for him,I preferred Paul Keating anyday.
I can see you will all be working for tips like they do in America and begging in the streets like they do there if you keep voting for Johnny "Stuff the workers " Howard.

christianpfc
September 18th, 2013, 14:55
I tried hidemyass a few times during the last months, and after long "connecting..." I got an error message:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://w3.mict.go.th/

The following error was encountered:

Connection to 202.47.227.20 Failed

The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is root.

Whereas last year, in internet cafes, it worked.