PDA

View Full Version : New Visa Requirement

Peter28
September 17th, 2013, 17:19
Can someone please confirm the new visa requirement that you have to leave Thailand for 48 hours on a visa run before entering Thailand again.

Mancs
September 17th, 2013, 20:38
This below is from the website of the Liverpool Thai Consulate. I can see no mention on the Thai Visa website. I don't know if it applies to other types of visa.

"Non-Immigrant Visa category тАШOтАЩ (┬г50 single entry / ┬г125 multiple entry)
This type of visa is for:-
People visiting family тАУ i.e. men who are married to a Thai National, along with your visa application you must produce your marriage certificate and a translation of the certificate is required as evidence. A single entry visa is valid for 90 days and can be extended for a further 30 days. A multiple entry visa is valid for 12 months conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days.
A British family visiting husband working in Thailand. Visas are required for each family member including children and the maximum stay on this visa is 90 days for a single entry. A multiple entry visa entitles you to a 12 month stay, conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days."

Mancs
September 17th, 2013, 20:40
Someone on Thai Visa says the info on the Liverpool website is wrong here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569 ... isa-entry/ (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569232-48-hours-outside-thailand-before-new-visa-entry/)

ceejay
September 17th, 2013, 21:10
There is certainly some thightening of the procedure for multiple entry non-immigrant O-type visas. This from the Thai consulate in Hull's website:

++IMPORTANT NOTICE++
ALL NON IMMIGRANT MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA APPLICATIONS MUST NOW BE APPROVED BY THE EMBASSY IN LONDON BEFORE THIS OFFICE CAN ISSUE THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THE PROCESS OF ISSUING SUCH VISAS TAKES AT LEAST 24 HOURS FROM RECEIPT OF APPLICATION. THEREFORE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ISSUE SUCH VISAS "WHILE-YOU-WAIT".

Peter28
September 18th, 2013, 01:59
Thank you, Guys for your info. I am sure you only need to leave Thailand for 24 hours for visa run, and info on the Liverpool Consulate website is incorrect.

ChrisUK
September 18th, 2013, 09:17
The website of the Birmingham (UK) Thai Consulate has the following information, but no indication about leaving for any length of time on the visa run:

Welcome to the Royal Thai Consulate Birmingham.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

With immediate effect all Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry visas can not be issued on the same day, as we require authorisation from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Once approval has been granted the visa will be issued.
If your application is declined you will be informed.
Please ensure we have your UK contact telephone number.
All other visas will be issued on the same day as usual providing we have all the correct documentation.