PDA

View Full Version : The Sniff Kiss.... Do you love it?

bucknaway
September 17th, 2013, 05:22
Talking with a co-worker today, explaining how I was changing my diet to prepare for the heat in Thailand. I went on to explain that the Thai are very sensitive to body odor so I would cut back on certain foods that I feel will work against me in a hot, hot climate. Judging from her questioning expression, I went on to explain that many of my Thai friends perform a "Sniff Kiss" close to the nape of the neck. Once I explained about the sniff kiss, she chuckled out a laugh of understanding.

After talking about it, I walked away wondering just how I felt about the sniff kiss? If a sexy guy is so close to me that his ear can rub my cheek.... and I like him so much.... Do I want to sniff or would I prefer to pepper his neck with butterfly kisses? I think I would prefer the kiss :love4:

Impulse
September 17th, 2013, 09:10
I love it! But only recieved it once and it was all about the money. I met my dream on my way back to my condo. Looked Korean with a real nice twinky hairdo, just what I like.

He was nervously waiting for someone to come along and make him an offer. Luckily for me there was a thai guy there I knew who helped translate for me. Boy was he nervous, maybe he was with LT before. Anyway, I gave him an extra 100 baht. The look on his face was priceless when he realised it. As he was about to leave he turned around and licked and sniffed both sides of my neck. I mean he really was into to it like a dog licking his nuts.

Unfortunately for me I never saw him again, but I now use his Thai nickname translated back into Thai as mine. Now my Thai friends know me by a name chosen by this young man.

francois
September 17th, 2013, 10:28
It has been quite some time since my last sniff kiss however I always found it quite charming.As I recall it was given by those new to the scene rather than the "old timers".

Marsilius
September 17th, 2013, 11:39
I have the impression that it is much less commonly offfered these days. When I first visited Thailand in the early 1990s most boys, as I recall, used it. Nowadays very few do.

Perhaps that is because, with more exposure to TV and movies, even the less worldly Isaan boys are becoming more westernised in their behaviour.

Or perhaps, twenty years on, I have become rather less physically attractive and deserving of a sniff kiss!