View Full Version : Sunee....my trip Sept 13

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 02:10
Well, I am back at home and will try to remember a few things to provide an update.
I really needed this break from work, and I drank more alcohol this trip then any other trip before. :alc:

Stayed at Don Plaza for the week. Booked via agoda with a really good rate. Stairs are still an issue for anyone with mobility issues. First flight of steps are STEEP ! There is talk that the will do some construction work to try and make this better, but nothing yet. No elevator either.

Room was in good shape. A/C worked good. Good ceiling fan above the bed (not wobbly) which was great. Bed was harder then I like, but better then the Mosaic concrete version. Downstairs bar area is much more open and enjoyable. Very relaxed, not really a place to drink up a storm or pick up a friend. Think lazy afternoon beer while your batteries recharge. Owner very present, available, and friendly. We will certainly consider staying here again.

It was the first time staying in Sunee proper. Really handy to have the bars just outside your door, but limited choices around for anything during the day.

The gogo bars:
Cocktail bar closed during my entire visit. Have to see if high season brings a resurgence.

Eros bar all the same. Busiest bar around, hands on fun, energetic. And friendly staff. Not the place to find a "stunner" if that is your thing.

Happy boys was knocked down a bit in my mind this trip. Sparse staff that was more interested in phones then I recall before. I would routinely buy drinks for at LEAST 2 boys whenever I visited, but seems most could not be bothered to look up. Still have a couple of fun "friends" here, but Eros a much more fun visit now.

Krazy Dragon: staging a comeback. Gogo bar again, new staff that are more my style, but more shy then the previous crew. Well fitted out inside, good A/C and music, but not quite the fun place yet.

City Boy Bar (Murphy's?). Not sure of the official name anymore. Best description I can come up with for this bar is the Sunee version of Funny Boys. Probably the most attractive gogo staff (in my opinion) in Sunee, but just a boring place to visit. No energy, no vibe. If I was just looking to pop in for an off, this is the place. If I wanted any type of fun place to just grab a drink, I would pass.

Nice boys had a couple dozen dancers. Some sitting on the stage edge taking matters in hand. Mostly straight (looking/acting) guys, a couple fem hiding at back stage.

Mic my: didn't visit. Walked by a couple of times, did not look fun/busy so just passed.

Note: during my entire visit, I did not once witness anything that would make me wonder about ID cards, at any establishment in Sunee.

Host/beer bars: I didn't do as much "research" in this area. ;)

Favorite home base was still crazy pub (next to Krazy Dragon). BF and I have made several friends here and they take good care of us. A fun place to chill for awhile and share a bottle. Free pool table. Manager (Bon) has the best smile in Sunee.

Double Shot bar. Still MANY waiters working here, most friendly. A couple more twink-type additions since my last visit, which is welcome change for me. Much has already been written about the decor, so nothing new there. I am still confused by the drink philosophy. A glass with a double shot of liquor served with a full container of mixer on the side. :dontknow:
So you start with a VERY strong drink, try to find a happy medium, then end up with a weak, mixer-heavy drink.

I may be old-fashioned. But I greatly prefer 2 properly prepared separate drinks over this weird setup.

All of me: one short visit here, just for a quick drink with friendly acquaintance. (Ask NIrish. Lol)
Fine place but a bit too relaxed to make a regular hangout.

I did note that All of Me 2 opened up again sometime during the week. I think it is a bar with massage place upstairs, but i didn't manage a visit to check it out.

That's about all that springs forth in the memory. Specific questions? Just ask.

joe552
September 15th, 2013, 03:51
thanks for the update anonone. just a question about All of Me, which was my favourite bar last trip (and before). you describe it as too relaxed - what do you mean? isn't relaxing what a holiday is about? I'm looking forward to seeing the new Don Plaza set up - sound like a big improvement (in the bar area, at least).

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 07:00
I should have taken a picture of Don Plaza. My neglect. It really made a world of difference to that place.
There is still some glass in the front, to accommodate an enclosed restaurant portion that can be air conditioned. But overall, much better appearance.

In regard to All of Me...there is nothing wrong with the bar at all. It seems well run, clean, etc. I guess on my holiday I am looking for a bit more excitement, energy..something. I prefer the staff to have a bit more interaction. Most of the All of Me gang seemed rooted to their stools on the street and were about as much fun as the group of falang holding court at the large table every evening. (I am not deriding the group. If that is what they enjoy, more power to them. )

The guys I prefer are up dancing around a bit, flirting up a storm, playing drinking games...whatever, but doing something.

Different strokes...not one better than the other.

**Forgot to mention, I spent a lot of nights at the after-hours clubs. I posted some video in that thread if anyone is interested:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/updates-pattaya-clubs-discos-and-after-hours-venues-t29583.html

timmberty
September 15th, 2013, 07:06
"Most of the All of Me gang seemed rooted to their stools on the street and were about as much fun as the group of falang holding court at the large table every evening. (I am not deriding the group. If that is what they enjoy, more power to them. )"

so if you are not taking the piss out of them why did you feel the need to mention them??
we all know who you are talking about, so we all know you are indeed deriding them.

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 07:25
Actually, I have no idea who they are. I did not interact at all with them. I noticed them about every evening while coming and going from Don Plaza, just across the street.

And before you get your knickers in a twist, I am not deriding them. I am using their activity (or lack thereof) as an example of what I do not find enjoyable about a bar.
I specifically said
Different strokes...not one better than the other

timmberty
September 15th, 2013, 07:32
ah ok so a bunch of people that just happen to be gaybutton and his mob got a mention.
fair enough, could have been any group of farang sitting around a table in any part of pattaya, you just happend to notice that lot.

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 17:41
Wow.

I mentioned the group at All of Me because the topic of conversation was...All of Me.

I don't know GayButton, have never met him, and have no idea what he looks like. I have no issues with him, and in fact post regularly on his board as well.

I am not sure what agenda you have or if you are just randomly trying to stir shit, but time to move on, yes?

timmberty
September 15th, 2013, 17:52
why does every comment means someone has to have an agenda ?
it is a well known fact the group of farang that sit on the round table at the all of me bar, is gay button and his possy.
it has been written on the board untold times, you read his board too, you say, well its been written on there loads of times also.
so two boards you will have read it on, just seems a bit strange to call a group of people you dont know a boring bunch.
especially when you will have read on many occasions that they are gaybutton and his merry men.
probably a lot easier to just admit your subtle put down wasnt infact that subtle.
yes lets move on.

arsenal
September 15th, 2013, 18:55
Hi Anonone.

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed reading it and you also managed to annoy timmberty :old: Although I am struggling to see how but it's always a bonus. Did you ever get round to hiring a motorbike?

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 19:24
Hi Arsenal.

Good to hear from you.

Rented a motorbike a couple of trips back. Was fun to do, but didn't get to explore as much as I wanted. The one day we woke up fairly early and felt motivated, the sun was strong and BF was not so keen on just riding around. You know Thai boys and their skin color...Never got further than Jomtien, which is a shame because I really wanted to head further down the beach to the little fishing villages.

The other bummer was helmet size. I apparently have a monster-sized head, which meant that every helmet I tried out was comically too small.

I swear every time that I will cut back on the drinking and try to do some different things, but the siren's call of beautiful Thai boys just has me in their grasp.

A good problem to have....

arsenal
September 15th, 2013, 19:41
Hi Anonone

The fishing village (Bang Saray) is gorgeous. Not only is the food in one of the many restaurants wonderful but you also have the magnificent view all the way across the bay to Wong Amat. Oh yes, and if you get there at the right time...you can watch all the Cambodian fishing boys run around in their skimpy underwear. Next time eh.
:ura1:

joe552
September 15th, 2013, 19:44
anonone, I agree with you about All of Me - it is generally quiet, which is why I like it. I tended to start my evenings there around 6.30 and enjoyed watching the Soi come to life for the evening over a couple of drinks, then move on somewhere else with a bit more life.

latintopxxx
September 15th, 2013, 20:34
arsenal, did you stay at bang saray? if so could you recommend accomodation?

arsenal
September 15th, 2013, 21:38
Latin: No I've never stayed there, it would be totally boring as there is literally nothing there except fishing boats and great restaurants. Get there while it lasts because it will be developed sooner or later. The semi-naked fishing boys will happily chat to you if you offer them cigarettes, and in excellent English too.

latintopxxx
September 16th, 2013, 02:37
not so sure about chatting up /corrupting country boys....rather stick to gogo/host/sunee boys...at least I know they know whats going down....

joe552
September 16th, 2013, 03:33
latin - I always thought you were the adventurous one on the board :dontknow:

good to know you're not supremely confident in all areas of boy hunting.

p.s. I'm not really picking on you with my last few posts - don't want you getting upset - just having a bit of fun I hope?