PDA

View Full Version : Plan to stay Mosaik. Check your booking early

witchhunt
September 11th, 2013, 12:52
I had a phone call from a guy that has stayed several times a year at Mosaik stunned his next booking was knocked back. He asked me to quietly check it out. He used to have more than a few boys back late for drinks and felt he was being told he was not wanted.

A friend had asked me to find local places to stay other than Mosailk I sent him an email, he told me he had also been rejected. He thought that an argument with a cleaner might have been the problem.

I called round and it was obvious from the foyer ,a new crowd seems to found the place There were 7 Arab adults and four kids under 12 in the foyer, with enough suitcases as though they were here to stay. The staff were busy photostatting passports so I left. I returned next day. There were Arab guys with girls in the foyer so I left and went to South Rd for coffee.

When I returned I asked for bookings for both dates and found that they were in fact heavily booked, and it just was their bad luck. I asked about future bookings and they claim to be heavily booked until February. Maybe a week here or there but the clientele has changed and its first come first served.

Not sure now the Arab single men have taken over most of hotels in soi 17, they seem to be taking over Soi Bamboo and Soi Yensabai as well, it is not unexpected that families will follow.

Nirish guy
September 11th, 2013, 15:33
This isn't anything to new, Mosaik ( in high season) is fairly consistently booked up several months in advance now and I too have come close to not getting a room and in fact I usually provisionally book my room for my next trip on check out from my last now. Likewise I know they are so busy now that they only release something like 10% of their rooms via Agoda etc now as they have enough direct bookings coming in. Saying that as has been said on here before DO be sure to ring ( Noop or Nong ?) directly to ask the question about availability as both myself and several other people have been given the "sorry no rooms' line when in fact it's been a misunderstanding either about maybe one night that they are full just or that the room you've requested is unavailable but 30 other rooms are free but as that's not what you asked they don't ( amazingly) don't think of offering you those or suggesting you change room or room type etc so one, two or even three calls to check and double check and maybe ask the question a different way is sometimes required to get the room you need as I know from asking the last two times I've stayed the place is now running at an average of something like 75-80% occupancy most of the time which shows just how popular it's getting !

So, Do give them a call to check always and don't take the first answer as gospel and do ask do they have any other rooms, perhaps in another block than you've first asked for. - OH and one CRAZY situation you'll encounter when you ring which they are aware of and seem to do nothing about - when you ring you get an automated answer saying " for english press 1" - DON"T !!! as when you press 1 it transfers you to an unused extension that NEVER gets answered and may not even have a phone connected to it so you end up in a loop and while it say's "you're call will be answered shortly" or words to that effect it never is, just press zero and that transfers you down to the main reception office where someone will usually answer your call.. I have pointed out this serious flaw on their system to them many times over the years and they are fully aware of it but either seem unable or unwilling or just to plain lazy to do anything about having their system reprogrammed - and I think THAT tells all you need to know about just how busy they are and how they aren't crying out for english speakers business anymore.

newalaan2
September 12th, 2013, 06:02
When I returned I asked for bookings for both dates and found that they were in fact heavily booked, and it just was their bad luck. I asked about future bookings and they claim to be heavily booked until February. Maybe a week here or there but the clientele has changed and its first come first served.
It's always been first come first served there no matter how regular a visitor there you are. Like
"Nirish" I book quite quickly after a trip has ended for the next one, usually a week or so after I return home. So about 3 months notice usually gets me the room I want but, from Nov to Feb I usually always have to compromise with my requested room type, even on my up coming October stay I had to compromise room type slightly for the first time .

If you have any flexibility around your dates that can help them fit you in. I stay in Thailand for about a month, 7-10 days of that is our stay in Pattaya so I usually tell them how many days I want within about a two week window, sometimes they will say 8 days avail for certain room type or 7 or 10 and I usually just take the room type I prefer for what days are available. My Jan/Feb stay is the one which always needs more emails to settle. They will try and make an effort to accommodate where they can. In the past I have requested say, 8 days and they have managed 6 days in my preferred room and offered a slightly smaller or different room for the couple of days not available for my preferred room.

Haven't noticed many middle eastern customers or families, but they have always had a large straight customer base.

Providing they keep up the excellent quality of the rooms, maintenance and furnishings it will always be my choice for stays of 1 week or more. For shorter stays of 2/3/4 nights I stick with Baan Dok Mai who also always have great consistency.

witchhunt
September 12th, 2013, 06:42
Following up the requests at Mosaik, I believe one has now booked into Flamingo and the other I think is going to TB Mansions which just around the corner, is upstairs where there was a restaurant.

Flamingo details

http://www.flamingo-pattaya.com/hotel/

TB
This is the last number I had.
038 724 188
20/63-64 Soi Day-Night
South Pattaya Road
South Pattaya