PDA

View Full Version : Colonial reopens food frenzy starts again

witchhunt
September 10th, 2013, 07:34
The contrast between the almost empty Colonial Bar on non food nights, and the crowds that get there mainly tuesday and thursday ,has fascinated me. In business I have always believed the summary of monthly takings mean that specials whether food or drink, are designed to contribute to the profit overall, leading to higher attendances and better return.

Tonight is roast chicken breast and even as early a 6.30 there are the vultures stacking their plates with 3 or 4 chicken breasts and heaps of roast veggies, and returning several times for more.
It is help yourself and return to the table for repeats.
However a number now after several helpings of chicken dinners, also arranging additional take away meals in huge cartons for later in the week and probably into the next week.I believe some do pay for the meals at the take away price of 140 baht, but was told not all do.

I asked the question as to why this is allowed. The answer was the takings are up 300% for the food nights and they do not loose on the meal. Three times sweet fuck all that seems to be the takings from other nights ,is not that much. But when you see these visitors buying a small glass of water for 40 baht, where is the profit. One famous person comes in eats an enormous meal with repeats, buys a water shakes hand with the manager and the goes out to Sunee where he drinks all night. Later he is throwing his money to boys in Eros like it is going out of fashion.

This strikes me an owners loser mentality that Colonial should look at. The bar is not as successful as others in Sunee, and could and should be.

witchhunt
September 12th, 2013, 07:30
yes Zedbedee it was a pigs breakfast on Tuesday where the same guy came if for his ultra big serves, paid 40 baht for water then spent the rest of his money in Sunee.

My side rocks at the statement 'HE' promotes the food give away so gets priority treatment. These scavengers do not need any encouragement. They will sniff out a cheap meal anywhere.

Yes there are guys who buy a glass of wine, sometimes two and they are what the special dinner is all about. If they all come in have 3 dinners and take home 3 more as takeaways for the cost of a 40 baht of water, it looks more like the Salvation Army.

From what I see walking past and happy hour beer is just 70 baht, not much profit there, Colonial would be lucky to take 1000baht a night, on non dinner nights. Only half the drinks sold are at full price. Colonial needs a business plan to take advantage of the visiting dinner crowd.

BTW I have never seen gaybutton there .He promotes Colonial because he gets a post from one of his members

Zebedee
September 12th, 2013, 17:07
Witchhunt, my reply to your first post was deleted....I get that a lot ....so I'm afraid your response would be a puzzle to other readers. This point seems to be lost on Il Duce!

But yeah the scavengers are everywhere .
It's only fair to tell you my deleted post was not complimentary to you.

Surfcrest
September 12th, 2013, 17:20
Zebedee, If you would like to share your compliments with witchunt, we have a Forum for that.
I have explained this to you by PM and now you are being warned, this kind of shit from you outside the Flaming Room will be unilaterally deleted.

Surfcrest

paperboy
September 12th, 2013, 18:57
hi everyone

i love the colonial bar, i was there every night last june, i also seen the greedy gets, there for the food nights.
I would go there for a drink before i went out to eat and party for a few beers, to see the waitter, to arrange our meeting later.
He was the best fuck in pattaya for me, i never eat there, cause i dont like eating in pubs, but the bar was and stil is my fav, in sunee.

bucknaway
September 13th, 2013, 06:24
Post like this will serve to remind me to take pics with my cell phone to post in a thread when I do posts related to my trip. The post is nice but if it had pics it would be fantastic!