PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage - Surname name change or not !?

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2013, 05:02
So, as we seem to be talking a bit about gay marriage and what form that should take and should be traditional or the rules written to suit ourselves, if we're going the traditional route ( and just for a bit of fun perhaps) so what happens then after we've whisked our beautiful Thai lover away to whatever Country allows us to officially Marry each other, being a "traditional" marriage does one of the parties surname change then and if so which one !? Does "Boat Wongchompoo" become a lovely Asian guy called "Boat Ferguson" or indeed does Henry Ferguson become "Henry Wongchompoo" down at his local golf club ! Now THERE's a dilemma, what's a gay to do ! ? :-)

Mancs
September 10th, 2013, 05:19
If and when I meet this man and want to make it legal I do not want the same name or clothes or beard. And I don't like the word 'husband' either. The problem with 'equal' marriage is that we may feel an urge to adopt the sexist nonsense that goes with it.

timmberty
September 10th, 2013, 13:46
"Boat Wongchompoo" become a lovely Asian guy called "Boat Ferguson" or indeed does Henry Ferguson become "Henry Wongchompoo" ..... you are forgetting the double barrel are you not ?

whats wrong with "henry ferguson wongchompoo" and if the club is a no wives club, would you expect special treatment just because your wife happens to be a man ??

what a fantastic question ni ... now we can find out just how much of the equal rights a gay person wants, and also which ones they dont think should affect them as they are both men.

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2013, 14:54
As far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong) - "gay marriage" - or any kind of marriage infact - has not yet become compulsory.

Therefore, the people who are currently getting their frillies damp over what others might or might not like to do, really need to calm down. If you don't want to be in the game, don't try to make the rules.

However, if it did become compulsory to the extent of every poof being "assigned" a marriage partner, it might be amusing to speculate as to whom some of our members might be allocated!

Obviously Latintopxxx & Red Rum spring to mind.

Yes, I know Red Rum is dead but that probably wouldn't stop Latin.

Any others?

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2013, 15:13
and if the club is a no wives club, would you expect special treatment just because your wife happens to be a man ??.

OR if the Club begrudgingly club allows you to bring your "lady" to functions that they run for that purpose once or twice a year would you demand your right to bring him to your "ladies night" !! - Actually I know a club where that cropped up and they very subtly changed theie Ladies night to a Ladies and partners night, the logic given was that some people may be partners with their ladies but actually not married and 'living in sin" - and the fact that that simple wording change also allowed the gay guy where the issue arose from to bring his "partner" was just pure coincidence "apparently" :-)

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2013, 15:53
Personally, I'd be avoiding clubs where one's right of entry is dependent upon one's sex - it's all a bit 19th Century.

:dontknow:

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2013, 16:12
Well now you say that until you maybe find yourself in some Dark room in a dodgy club in Gran Canaria some night with some big lezzer wraps her arms around you and then perhaps you'd both WISH that you were in a club that discriminated about entry strictly on the grounds of gender ! lol

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2013, 17:33
You have a point!!

joe552
September 10th, 2013, 17:39
jeez, you've a vivid imagination, NIrish :salute:

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2013, 21:25
Who said anything about imagination Joe :-)

SimpleSoul
September 11th, 2013, 07:58
Str8s often retain their respective surnames after marriage these days. It's all empowerment for women, I believe. Therefore, rather sadly, it would seem the new partners should retain their family names. Boring, right?

But "Boat Wongchompoo" and the like has such wonderful possibilities on credit cards, cheque books as well as stuffing it to the 'up themselves' types at golf clubs. Imagine the linguistic dramas at the butcher as they attempt the multi syllabic surnames when enquiring how the Missus is today..

Should the bottom take the top's surname?

With 2 vers guys, they should be double barrelled: "Wongchompoo-Smith", "Williams-Wongchompoo", "Wongchompoo-Chrysallades", etc...

Fab thread.