PDA

View Full Version : Thai style coverup

Koh Samui Luv
September 9th, 2013, 18:01
They must be idiots if they think this will fool people.

http://www.businessinsider.com/airline- ... way-2013-9 (http://www.businessinsider.com/airline-awkwardly-blacks-out-the-logo-of-one-of-its-jets-that-skidded-off-the-runway-2013-9)

scottish-guy
September 9th, 2013, 18:14
I just want to know where Thai Airways bought a black marker pen that big !! :bis:

[attachment=0:wh8qq0o5]thai-airways-5.jpg[/attachment:wh8qq0o5]

Nirish guy
September 9th, 2013, 18:29
In all seriousness then re that - I wonder who was actually responible for the "cover up" and why, obviously ones first thought would be some junior in the Thai Airways marketing department doing what they thought was right to protect their brand, but as that pic appears to have been taken from outside the airport fence by the looks of it it's probably not an "official" shot, which would then lead you to believe that someone in the Press wire office perhaps blanked it out before allowing it to go on out for general distribution to world wide media and if so that again begs the question as to why they would bother as surely there's no legal issue here - especially as Thai Airways are of course not denying the incident took place in any way - all very strange and a bit unnecessary ....unless there's some different rules that I'm unaware of in Thailand towards media brand damage than everywhere else perhaps - but I didn't think so ??? It could just have been some Thai airport worker who took the shot being generally patriot and not wanting their National carrier to be seen in a bad light so them being shit scared in case Thai Airways sued the ass of them at a later date and so were just being cautious.

scottish-guy
September 9th, 2013, 18:44
The only problem is that in another picture, sure the same enormous marker pen has been used to black out the name, but the corporate colours on the tail clearly allow you to tell it's a Thai Airways plane!

[attachment=0:lb6pujr8]thai-airways-6.jpg[/attachment:lb6pujr8]

adman5000
September 9th, 2013, 19:03
I wonder how many Thai would know the corporate colors of Thai Airways? :glasses7:

scottish-guy
September 9th, 2013, 19:16
Thai Airways corporate colours (purple/yellow/gold) are based on the Royal colours, aren't they?

So I guess a lot of Thais might recognise them.

colmx
September 10th, 2013, 02:26
This is pretty standard practise for all airlines...
My sister used to be in that business and it is part of Standard Operational Procedures to blot out the airline name - supposedly it helps calm the fears of prospective passengers!

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2013, 02:36
" supposedly it helps calm the fears of prospective passengers "

Ha or maybe just puts the shits up all the other passengers flying on every other airline as they then think "Christ I wonder if thats the airline I'm about to fly on !!" :-)

Still nice that all the airlines at least appear to be seen to be prepared to share collective responsibly for when incidents such as this happen as they maybe take they "there by the grace of god go I" attitude as they know it could well be them tomorow, although you would wonder ( and I personally ) would prefer that the good airlines who maybe have a much better safety record than the dodgy ones actually shout about it a bit more and dont help dilute the blame perhaps and either shame the poorer airlines into upping their servicing or at least give us the hard facts about who's who and what's what re all that so that we can then make (more) informed decisions about who we wish to fly with perhaps.

blazer
September 10th, 2013, 10:29
They are trying to save face.

Thia Airways is their face and by blotting it out they are "saving face".

Nabaat
September 11th, 2013, 07:57
We were sitting on VN 610 to Hanoi when it happened...excuses for 30 min delay:

Capt: We are using only one runway today
Close

Trollet Dolley: HM is arriving
!!!!!!

Still made Hanoi..albeit 15 mins late.