PDA

View Full Version : clearing out the members list.

timmberty
September 7th, 2013, 19:58
having just looked thru the list of members i notice that there are well over 100, closer to 200 who never post on here, some who are special members with 2 or 3 posts to their names who last logged on in 2004.
isnt it time the list was given a proper clean up. seems little point in having big numbers if its just for show.

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2013, 22:25
Why would anybody 'just be looking thru the members list'?

I've been on this board for around 7 years and I don't think I've ever had any desire to 'just look thru the members list'. Looking for an individual member perhaps - but not just browsing the list and then making notes on "almost 200" members who haven't posted for a while.

Strange behaviour indeed.

Anything you want to tell us as to your motives Timmberty?

timmberty
September 8th, 2013, 00:58

I've been on this board for around 7 years and I don't think I've ever had any desire to 'just look thru the members list'. Looking for an individual member perhaps - but not just browsing the list and then making notes on "almost 200" members who haven't posted for a while.

Strange behaviour indeed.

Anything you want to tell us as to your motives Timmberty?

motives ..mm mmm well i often have a look thru the list to see whos still a member and who isnt.. didnt really think of it as strange before...
as for the 200 members .. it might be 100 or 300 but i took a stab at 200 i didnt actually count them.
i find it a bit strange to see almost 500 members listed on here while theres only about 20 or 30 of us who ever post.
some look in from time to time and some have not posted or logged in since 2004.

i wonder tho being as its something that has never been of interest to you, why you felt the need to reply ?

Smiles
September 8th, 2013, 03:57
Trolling for trolling material. What else?
It's what message board trolls do. It's their job.

Surfcrest
September 8th, 2013, 04:22
There are quite a few members who only tune in when they are coming or going from Thailand.
There were times when I'd be away from SGT for years at a time or months, especially during low season.
There are quit a few members that vanished during our last owner's tenure who haven't heard the great news that he's gone.
I deleted a few members with a few or no posts at all and then received emails to reactivate them...so I won't be doing that anymore.

We all have our different stories and reasons for being here....and I'm fine with letting things be.
If there are any concerns from the membership on this direction, suggestions are always welcome.
If you know a member has passed away, we can adjust their profile to reflect and respect that.

Surfcrest

timmberty
September 8th, 2013, 08:00
Trolling for trolling material. What else?
It's what message board trolls do. It's their job.

thanks for yet another insightful post .. you really are what this board needs.

ok surfcrest, you are saying that there are members who have not posted for almost 10 years who got upset that you deleted their accounts ? and wouldnt a deleted account come back as a new member ala scotty n snarles rather than being reinstated ?

scottish-guy
September 8th, 2013, 18:15
.....i wonder tho being as its something that has never been of interest to you, why you felt the need to reply ?

Oh that's very easy to answer - your content is indeed of no interest (as none of it is original), but your motives for posting the content are of interest to me.

You see, you routinely come on SGT and regurgitate word-for-word the same arguments and criticisms of the SGT management that are made by another person over at your second home. This time you have accepted the criticism from that other board - about inactive members on SGT -and actually sat down and taken the time to trawl through our Members list - noting who has not posted for years (except you can't decide whether it's 100, 200, or your latest estimate of 300 inactive posters)

Yet, on other days, you go over to his place (a person you profess to despise and can't wait to see dead apparently) and attack him on his board with word-for-word arguments and criticism that originally appeared on SGT.

So I have to ask myself, is it just that you are incapable of original thought, or that you simply have more faces than Lon Chaney, or is there more to it?

That's what interests me - hence my reply.

timmberty
September 8th, 2013, 18:28
so what you cant quite grasp is how i can ask question on here, and also go over there to a place you dont visit nor have any intrest in ( yet know what i am posting about on there) and ask questions over there??

in your world there has to be a side picked ? like when you was in love with neal, his best buddy n all that.

so what do you think my agenda is ? maybe im a secret agent, or a double agent asking questions on a public notice board but doing in a dark part of the board so no one will see it, and my plans dont get found out ?
i bet you think [attachment=1:ykt2tolg]mr bean.jpg[/attachment:ykt2tolg]

is a real detective.

[attachment=0:ykt2tolg]spy.jpg[/attachment:ykt2tolg]

and not really his twin brother.

p.s. i look forward to you posting some of these word for word remarks i have made. cause we all know how much you like to prove your point.

scottish-guy
September 8th, 2013, 18:39
There's no point to prove - anybody who is interested knows my comments on the situation are accurate. You play both "sides" off against each other to keep the pot boiling - it's indisputable.

You asked me why I was interested in what you post - I've told you. You don't like the answer - tough titty - it's the only one you're going to get.

timmberty
September 8th, 2013, 18:43
There's no point to prove - anybody who is interested knows my comments on the situation are accurate.

You asked me why I was interested in what you post - I've told you. You don't like the answer - tough titty.

so there are no word for word remarks then ? ah well, tough titty will have to do.