PDA

View Full Version : Sunee....whats up?

newalaan2
September 6th, 2013, 20:19
Not many updates about Sunee recently. So whats happening with the area? Double Shot had a lot of discussion about it when it first set up, my last visit in June it was busy most nights and possibly the busiest bar in the area, certainly busier than the bars around it, so has it's success continued? Still plenty waiters as before.

Also there have been some refurbishments, latest was to be Colonial...any word of progress? also Don Plaza Hotel, Forest Bar, Sky bar have had make-overs any all changed for the better? I think also another bar was taken over and updated and changed to Jasmine Bar?

Haven't had any messages (via Gay Romeo) from any of the Yaya guys lately, has this bar changed hands/been sold yet?

On the agogo front..Eros, Happy Boys, City Boys, Nice Boys, and Krazy Dragon still all operating? Has Micmy changed to beer bar or still agogo?

Hope some regulars are there now to report back.

Shuee
September 7th, 2013, 00:11
Not many updates about Sunee recently. So whats happening with the area?.

not much just many of the gogos convertion to beer bars for some unexplained reason :crybaby:

Manforallseasons
September 7th, 2013, 04:12
On the agogo front..Eros, Happy Boys, City Boys, Nice Boys, and Krazy Dragon still all operating? Has Micmy changed to beer bar or still agogo?(quote) newalaan2.

As you tastes tend to lean to the feminine Happy Boys will not dissappoint., :occasion5: :lam: :lam: anged to less fem and 18 and above, nice boys hit and miss mostly straight guys,nice boys is hit and miss, City Boys you can take a miss,
Crazy still looking for an identity

dab69
September 7th, 2013, 07:24
Is Sunee going to be closed soon?
Thought it was posted here quite awhile back most buildings will
be razed for a new deveopment?

anonone
September 7th, 2013, 10:51
I am staying in Sunee for a short visit currently. News of its demise is greatly exaggerated. :occasion5:

I will try to post some comments and reviews when I get back home in a couple of days. Great visit overall....

Some brief notes:

Double shot still has MANY waiters. Still busy, but less so than before. Don Plaza certainly changed for the better. Same gogo bars operating as my last visit. Krazy Dragon back to gogo bar. White briefs rather than the slit shorts, at least during my visit.

More to follow...still busy doing research.

:party

Manforallseasons
September 7th, 2013, 13:15
This is the sober version!

Happy boy is busy good bar for those that like fem boys, take him upstairs for fun if u like.
Nice boys very hit and miss boys mostly "gay for pay"
Eros good mix, good prices, also almost anything goes
City boys, few boys
Crazy Dragon is a go go again some of the staff has moved to Eros, more fem then it had been, hope they thrive.

This is the lowest of the low season but you can still have a good time. Last night I watched a police shack down of a bar owner, I was less then shocked.

Zebedee
September 7th, 2013, 13:29
This is the sober version!

:sign5: :sign5:
I gave you two, thought it was funny, and I can relate!

Zebedee
September 7th, 2013, 13:37
I am staying in Sunee for a short visit currently. News of its demise is greatly exaggerated. :occasion5:

I will try to post some comments and reviews when I get back home in a couple of days. Great visit overall....

Don Plaza certainly changed for the better. Sam
Yes Don Plaza was a pleasant surprise for me too, it's just missing the magic ingredients.....boys boys boys! But it's still a nice place for a relaxing drink.
Looking forward to your report. Thanks

Dani69
September 7th, 2013, 16:56
Has Micmy changed to beer bar or still agogo?

From what i have read it is back as a gogo bar but the age group for the boys has gone up -- thanks be to Buddah.

newalaan2
September 7th, 2013, 18:25
I am staying in Sunee for a short visit currently. News of its demise is greatly exaggerated. I will try to post some comments and reviews when I get back home in a couple of days. Great visit overall....
It's demise has been being reported for at least a decade, still no sign years on..... Look forward to your updates.

Yes Don Plaza was a pleasant surprise for me too, it's just missing the magic ingredients.....boys boys boys!
That's disappointing, I thought they had been recruiting, Nui from Yaya was all set to start there a couple days after I returned home start of July. Still, look forward to a visit.

Has Micmy changed to beer bar or still agogo?From what i have read it is back as a gogo bar but the age group for the boys has gone up
I had read/heard the same and even at the end of last trip the manager/mamasan tried to convince me (on passing) that 'they had changed' however if it is the same management as before while there may be a 'front' of legality I have my doubts to the whole picture. I told him/her that due to the last raid where a number of underaged (I do hope this passes Scottish-guys 'no underage mentions' policing policy) were found and that western customers were carted off for an immigration check I'll never step one foot inside that place again. It's clear despite being allowed to reopen there are certain branches of authority (one's which don't care about pay-offs) have it in for micmy. I only used to pay an occasional visit as I do know a couple of the long time waiters there and the boys who were legal there need tips to survive too. While I don't like to see bars suffer this one richly deserves any negative feedback.

This is the sober version!Happy boy is busy good bar for those that like fem boys. This is the lowest of the low season but you can still have a good time.
The sober version? had you not pointed it out we would have hardly noticed MFAS :).......But thanks for the updates. Last visit in June to my surprise Happy Boys had as many manly-men types as gay femme boys, seems they have changed back to mostly femme? Percentage wise most of my trips fall into the low season category, but I have never failed to have a good time. Apart from the peak season I hardly notice the difference between months as there are always 100% of the bars open all year round, most of the waiters are there all year round, the only thing noticeable in the busy months are more westerners/visitors.

As you tastes tend to lean to the feminine Happy Boys will not dissappoint
Straight acting gay passive would be more accurate in terms of my 'tastes' however as gay femme boys do tend to actually enjoy being with farang tops they would be a second favourite.

newalaan2
September 8th, 2013, 19:00
I see on gaybutton's forum a post confirming that Colonial has been reopened after a make-over. Anyone here visited yet?
Changes for the better?

christianpfc
September 10th, 2013, 11:15
The bar scene changes so quickly, if you will come for holiday in three months is hardly worth asking about current developments, everything will have changed by the time you are here.

MicMy is still gogo (but haven't been inside). Colonial is open again.

TOQ
September 10th, 2013, 11:30
I see on gaybutton's forum a post confirming that Colonial has been reopened after a make-over. Anyone here visited yet?
Changes for the better?

It was packed the night it reopened.. Live music and free food. It has been dead since then. At least every time I have ridden by no customers inside.

newyorkgeorge
September 15th, 2013, 00:52
Changes for the better?

It was packed the night it reopened.. Live music and free food. It has been dead since then. At least every time I have ridden by no customers inside.
Anywhere with free food in Sunee will be packed that night, as is the case with any bar! Balloon chasers of the world unite! :party