PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Pattaya clubs/discos and after hours venues.

newalaan2
September 5th, 2013, 15:48
I've been missing updates from the regular contributors lately. With a visit soon in a couple of weeks it would be great to get a few updates. It's good to know in advance what might be closed in Pattaya, and as we only have a limited time there out of my month long trip and don't want to waste it 'finding out' the hard way if places are dead or busy. My bf stays near Khon Kaen, only has a couple of gay and female friends in Pattaya who don't really keep up with gay clubs and so also has no idea of the 'in places' till we get there.

Last visit NAB, TamNanChon, Hollywood, Tam Nan Issan were the busy and enjoyable places, missed out IDOL and Dave Man (closing for refurbishment?).

So hoping any members there now can give some updates, don't know if Martin911 has been 'doing the rounds' lately and expect colmx wont have much news not being there at the moment, but may have some info from his many 'contacts'.

colmx
September 6th, 2013, 02:38
Dave is re-opening on Sept 19th... Just in time for my arrival back to Pattaya!
Thats the only news i have...

From what i hear NAB is still as popular as ever... much less farang than before... but very full with Cute Thais
Idol too is benefitting from getting some of the Dave crowd...

I guess things may all change again later this month when Dave re-opens... all depends on how the fickle crowd like the remodel!

Its funny how the Thais go for a remodel... NAB removed half their stage, moved the DJ box a bit and moved the entrance door... And suddenly it went from dwindling crowds to being ultra popular again!

newalaan2
September 6th, 2013, 17:02
Dave is re-opening on Sept 19th... Just in time for my arrival back to Pattaya!Thats the only news i have...
Thanks for that update, I arrive in Pattaya after the 19th so we might give it a visit just to see the new lay-out. I thought your 'network' might have given up a bit more news.....

From what i hear NAB is still as popular as ever... much less farang than before... but very full with Cute ThaisIdol too is benefitting from getting some of the Dave crowd...I guess things may all change again later this month when Dave re-opens... all depends on how the fickle crowd like the remodel!
As you say they love remodels, given Dave's popularity before the refurbishment I would think that coupled with a remodel will be too much for even the fickle mob to resist and will guarantee a return. Hope that doesn't affect NAB too much as we did enjoy our visits there last trip, and I find it just the most convenient to get to/from.

With regards to Tam Nan Issan, I suppose updates are unnecessary as it's popularity never seems to wane, for some reason it seems to be resistant to the gay fickle crowd's whims.

anonone
September 7th, 2013, 11:06
Well my input...

Dave still closed as mentioned above.

One night at Idol...not impressed and not very busy.

Several nights at Tam Nan Isan. :occasion5:

Busy and sanook mak mak !!

You know it is a good time when even turning on all the bright, white lights and sweeping up the place still doesn't get the party stopped.

Have not made it to Nab. Probably will not this trip. Mor Lam concert tomorrow night (8th), will be the last hurrah before getting on the plane.

anonone
September 13th, 2013, 08:05
Back at home now :crybaby:

Idol club

[youtube:23uytjbb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMyF6hJ0N4[/youtube:23uytjbb]

Tam Nam Isaan

[youtube:23uytjbb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1CIvLmldg[/youtube:23uytjbb]

[youtube:23uytjbb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVdZcjn1yw[/youtube:23uytjbb]

Take a wild guess as to which place was more fun and prompted many return visits this trip....
Drank WAY too much...made a fool out of myself....had not had so much fun since the old T&T days.

:party

Not sure BF will allow us to return anytime soon.
:sign5:

Nirish guy
September 13th, 2013, 13:54
;-) glad to see that someone is keeping the side up ! :-)

loke
September 14th, 2013, 23:48
Where is Tam Nam club located , I only know about DAB and Daves

anonone
September 15th, 2013, 20:03
Hi loke.

I can't remember the name of the street, but it is the same one that Dr. Belen's office used to be on, until she moved.

I am always with a handful of Thai friends when we go, so thankfully they handle all the logistics. (I handle the wallet...555)

I am sure someone else (colmx, martin ,?) can provide the specifics...but I would just hook up with some Thai boys who will certainly know how to get there. Less thinking, more drinking. :sign5:

colmx
September 15th, 2013, 20:45
HI Loke
I posted a "map" in this thread:
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post277144.html
Hopeffully that will help you locate it...

bucknaway
September 16th, 2013, 03:17
How about getting back from the Disco to your room? Is it easy to get a taxi?

joe552
September 16th, 2013, 03:37
I'm sure the boy or boys will get you home safely, buckie. The only time I remember being at one of those late night places involved an exciting motocy ride home late at night with a boy holding me tightly. Part of the thrill I imagine.

bucknaway
September 16th, 2013, 03:50
I like to depend on the kindness of Thai Guys but I like to have the option to pass up on a offer I can refuse :kap:

anonone
September 16th, 2013, 05:21
How about getting back from the Disco to your room? Is it easy to get a taxi?

There are usually some mottosai taxi hanging around the exit. A songtew would be more effort. Might have to walk (5 minute) to the main road to find one.

bucknaway
September 16th, 2013, 05:51
There are usually some mottosai taxi hanging around the exit. A songtew would be more effort. Might have to walk (5 minute) to the main road to find one.

Perfect! I have no problem riding on the back of a Motorcycle.... As long as the roads are not wet.

loke
September 16th, 2013, 21:01
HI Loke
I posted a "map" in this thread:
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post277144.html
Hopeffully that will help you locate it...

Thanks , will have a look , will go there alone and try to hook up with someone :3some: