PDA

View Full Version : Gay Flaming Thailand Forum restrictions lifted-more imposed?

newalaan2
September 4th, 2013, 23:10
After advice to the GAY management from 'smiles' a few weeks ago to "delete every thread on the forum having anything to do with the ghastly ****" which appeared to lead jinks to introduce a threat to delete any post with the very mention of ****, a proclamation was made by the owner surfcrest that indeed no discussions of **** were to be permitted "we will not be giving air play to him or that any longer".

If that 'policy' has changed in some way can the GAY management confirm that it has been reversed. There is a reference 'no new links' to **** and I noted a very 'quiet' re-introduction of threads in the Flaming Forum which had disappeared or been locked. But none of these reintroduced threads have any recent replies so it would seem the membership 'may' be unsure if taking the time to compose a post to any of these threads will be a waste of time if the jinks "deletion at the mention of ****" policy is still in place.

The only recent mentions of **** by anyone other than the management have been from 'smiles' ...yes the guy who made the original suggestion to starve **** of the 'air play' oxygen, with a "not sure if I can write this" post and then incredibly a more recent head-scratching "Update on the dead and dying in**** World" follow-up given that very same member suggested/insisted that all mention of **** should be deleted permanently!! WTF? Make your mind up!

But perhaps confusingly a more recent a thread with a Poll by gay 'smiles' with posts on it suddenly disappeared without explanation.(of course smiles himself may have been responsible for deleting his thread but there has been no comment from management to confirm) Can the management please advise what the posting policy is with regards to the Flaming Gay Thailand Forum/Board....are there any subjects apart from the underage discussions etc.. which are banned?

This lack of clarity about that suddenly-implemented posting restriction on certain subjects such as **** and moderating inconsistency is perhaps?/definitely? putting-off many members from posting as can be seen from the amount of long-time members logging-on to read the forums but not post on them over the last few weeks and seems to be contributing to slower main forum posting traffic than I would have expected after the awful, horrendous ownership of **** was ended....... that along with jinks erratic moderating 'style' and his frankly irritating patronising language used in 'quips' instead of respectful and clear reasons why a post has been interfered-with/deleted/changed.

Maybe clarity regarding if any subjects are off-limits might help towards members being confident that any posts will not be subject to whim-moderation and encourage a bit more posting activity? My gay opinion only of course, and I may well be wrong in my assumptions but from the very limited feedback I have received, there are others out there also feel a lack of clarity to off-limits subjects.

[Anyway from what I can see at **** censoring any mention of **** here has made little/no difference to the amount of posts and time there devoted to SGT as subject matter, in fact without SGT providing subject material **** would be completely dead, it has lost it's way as a sarcastic, ironic, entertaining take on the gay Thailand boards and characters...........with **** at the helm it has merely turned into just another**** DISASTER and FAILURE like ALL his other business/forum involvements. No humour, no wit as uncle Albert and others capable of a bit of sarky humour fade into the background........and left with nothing but ****s thick-headed mindless ramblings. Certainly the decision to halt the tit-for-tat engagement of surfcrest and **** seems to have limited the rather nasty and sinsiter rumblings which were emanating from Gay Fat Freddy and his Hydras but no change to the rest of the stuff there.]

***The reason I posted this in the main forum was because it does not contain any Flaming, it is merely an open enquiry 'about' that particular forum***

{Moved here because it is not "gay" not really Thailand it's about people us. Post moved here to get positive, moderating opinions without irritating patronising language -

Please use **** no names or links - jinks} Enough 'gay's' for you now?

newalaan2
September 4th, 2013, 23:55
Please use **** no names or links - jinks}

This post by surfcrest on Aug 6 in Flaming Forum makes NO mention of "names" only links! Make up yer mind!!

Please no NEW links to the PBB/TBB

bucknaway
September 5th, 2013, 00:17
Is it truly so serious that there is marshal law imposed on any mention of the board?

timmberty
September 5th, 2013, 01:15
it truely depends on who you are ... surfcrest, jinks and smiles are all allowed to mention the names that cannot be mentioned, anyone else tries it and bang bang you am dead.
as our dear p.m. david cameron says ... "we are all this together" .. feel free to join the gang, just dont hope to become a member.

scottish-guy
September 5th, 2013, 02:23
[attachment=0:1j13pv65]gtr.jpg[/attachment:1j13pv65]

Smiles
September 5th, 2013, 05:18
it truely depends on who you are ... surfcrest, jinks and smiles are all allowed to mention the names that cannot be mentioned, anyone else tries it and bang bang you am dead.
as our dear p.m. david cameron says ... "we are all this together" .. feel free to join the gang, just dont hope to become a member.
Timmberty, your an idiot as well as talking out your ass (They may be kind of the same thing, but I thought I'd throw in both).

If you had actually read the stuff you refer to ~ at least regarding myself ~ you'd realize that in fact the 'poll' post I authored (and placed in the proper Forum, the Guidelines and Posting Forum) was not only edited and then moved to another Forum, it was finally deleted whole cloth by Mr jinks.
So can you tell me where you think I'm part of some (non-existent) cabal of cronies: you know, the one which exists in your sawdust brain?
As I said, you are an idiot ... who knows nothing yet writes on this board as if he knows everything: I cannot think of a better description of a fool.

The Poll thread in question was a quite innocent start-up with it's topic being the massive plethora of smilies which appear in each 'Compose Pane' when one is writing up a new thread or response. It was meant a bit tongue-in-cheek, not all that serious, and contained some poll choices which were partly meant to be humorous: i.e. I used the words 'Bitch Board' (note: no links, no quotes) to suggest I may join That Place if the smilies were left where they are. That particular poll choice was placed there as a joke . . . and one which I assumed was fairly obvious to everyone.

But oh no ... not Mr jinks. He has a 'Power' and he will use it: even if the victim is simply some harmless word or some phrase. As Mr Newallan correctly points out, it was only links and quotes about That Place which are persona non grata here, not simply the words 'Bitch' and 'Board' by themselves.

You may also take note that I complained vehemently within the poll post about jink's censoring and editing (that is of course, before it was moved, then deleted) ... which I guess in Timmberty's books is just one other point he's quite willing to ignore in his stupid, ignorant little rant.
__________________________________________________ _______

PS ... this post will probably not remain long ... so read it while you can.

PPS ... Noted that the 7000 smilies have now been mostly hidden ... which is what my deleted poll was all about.
Whoever did that: thanks!

newalaan2
September 5th, 2013, 05:47
Is it truly so serious that there is marshal law imposed on any mention of the board?
You've missed the point. All that I was seeking was clarification if there are subjects, including Neal/TBB, closed to discussion. Also a thread started by smiles with a Poll about 'smilies' disappeared, and I didn't know if smiles himself deleted it or management did, and if they did what the reason was so we can know if there are any other banned subjects, or whether it's just a jinks whim, that's all, it would be better to know in advance if there are any off-limits subjects before going to the trouble of composing a post.

A few weeks ago both surfcrest and jinks said no mention of Neal/TBB permitted, and all posts/threads relating to him/it disappeared. Since then threads relating to Neal/TBB have returned unlocked as if posts can be made to them......assumption then that posts can again be made about Neal/TBB. Then a further thread from surfcrest stating that no NEW links to TBB can be made, but no mention whether discussions about Neal/TBB can be made or not, so an assumption that perhaps they can, as long as there are no new links. Also since the return of threads relating to Neal/TBB there was a new a thread with smiles, surfcrest and lonelywombat discussing Neal/TBB without jinks heavy-handed moderation, so again an assumption that the rest of us can make mention if we wish.

I mean, what's wrong with asking for clarity Bucknaway? it was nothing to do with something being 'truely serious'...must you over-dramatise everything you post? I was asking for clarity on the policy, that's all........to save any potential post being mutilated by jinks as has happened. Rather than just clarify the situation with a sensible reply, jinks chose to embark on a childish, patronising, impertinent path, no doubt in retaliation to the fact I had the cheek to have an opinion of my own about his moderation 'methods'. A butchered post and still no clarity.

bucknaway
September 5th, 2013, 07:06
I understood your question but I am wondering why the all out war on someone not worth his time? Why let the guy rent space in his head when all he seeks is any attention in the worst way?

arsenal
September 5th, 2013, 09:30
Do i understand this correctly? That the mention of Neal is banned on this forum. I am sure I am wrong, no one could be so childish as to do that surely. If it is the case then it is absurd. Supposing the guy opens another bar or buys one, The Corner Bar or Krazy for example. Would the banning order (if there is one) continue.

Surfcrest
September 5th, 2013, 11:06
This is an excellent question Newallan2 and the timing is right now for a better explanation.

Actually, the Rules and Guidelines for Sawatdee Gay Thailand were amended on August 17th after being posted in the Posting Guidelines and Discussion Forum for a week prior for comments and prior to implementation. The Rules and Guidelines are currently what you see......that is it! I may need to make some further minor adjustments over time, but not at this present time.

I did "ask" that links or cut & paste from the TBB are not made here, especially in light of what was going on there at the time. This is a request, not a rule. Sawatdee Gay Thailand will not "promote" illegal activity of any kind and clearly the TBB operates contrary to Thai Law with what their owner himself has posted publicly. Should it become necessary for us to make this part of our Rules.....this will be done.

There is no rule against mentioning his name or the board that he owns. Should you wish to slag him or anyone else for that matter.....I would ask that you take it to the Flaming Room....or not to be surprised if it is moved there unilaterally.

The membership of the TBB and most especially the owner of the TBB have no idea what is really going on here at SGT and from what I read last....it was 100% more of the same lies he's been telling since he burst on the scene a few years ago as Justme, reviewing his own bar as though he was a complete stranger to it.....and all the many lies since (CGT, PBB, TBB)....just to jog your memory.

As I have said a few times now, jinks is our moderator. I moderate the Flaming Room. Dante (vBulletin) and e-spike (phpBB) provide technical support. I am not Dante. Smiles is not part of the admin team.

I have banned 3 members since taking over this board on May 1st. The three are Neal, SmoothLegs and kjun12...each for different reasons....and all of their hydras. One other individual is not allowed to join SGT and he, as well as many members here know who he is.

Hopefully this sums up where we are today in respect to these questions.

Surfcrest

Sooty
September 5th, 2013, 18:25
Is it truly so serious that there is marshal law imposed on any mention of the board?Is that the same thing as martial law?

jinks
September 5th, 2013, 18:35
Is that the same thing as martial law?

YE, 'n don't leave town widout tellin us.

scottish-guy
September 5th, 2013, 21:54
Well I was gonna reference Blazing Saddles but no doubt I'd be accused of racism.

bucknaway
September 6th, 2013, 00:53
Is it truly so serious that there is marshal law imposed on any mention of the board?Is that the same thing as martial law?

It's the exact same thing. :-)

scottish-guy
September 6th, 2013, 01:20
What about thai Marital law- which declares that once you marry the boy all rumpy-pumpy ceases and the only tossing that takes place concerns your assisted somersault over the balcony.

:occasion5:

bucknaway
September 6th, 2013, 01:21
Well I was gonna reference Blazing Saddles but no doubt I'd be accused of racism.

Why? We're you going to make a racist comment?

timmberty
September 6th, 2013, 01:52
smiles dear do try to keep up ...
shortly after we were all told off for talking about neal and the tbb you posted this

Cruisinggaythailand apparently dead but could rise again Zombie-like if Neal could gather himself together and produce one of his bi-annual erections.

Thailandbitchboard ... Not quite dead yet. Postings by Neal getting fewer and fewer replies, tinged by much more desperation; threads by the 3 other members who bother anymore are trying their best to divorce themselves from the increasingly embarrassing Neal.
May the last one to leave . . .

now please call me an idiot if im wrong, but every post i made about neal at that time along with newallans got deleted.
that to me means you surfcrest and jinks were the only ones who were allowed to post about it ..
otherwise as always make a complete twat of yourself. its what you do best.

scottish-guy
September 6th, 2013, 02:58

Not at all - I was going to post a pic - but I've seen how touchy some people can be.

joe552
September 6th, 2013, 03:01
I thought we were going to get a video of the farting scene? Sometimes, I just can't keep up with this place :dontknow:

Surfcrest
September 6th, 2013, 03:20
Cruisinggaythailand apparently dead but could rise again Zombie-like if Neal could gather himself together and produce one of his bi-annual erections.

now please call me an idiot if im wrong, but every post i made about neal at that time along with newallans got deleted.
that to me means you surfcrest and jinks were the only ones who were allowed to post about it ..

Perhaps Timmy, if you could make a post without calling your fellow members twat and donkey fuckers, you would have more sucess with your posts. I believe our few Rules & Guidelines are specific about that and so don't be surprised if you are moderated.

Next, as I said it my earlier response in this thread....jinks is our moderator. I'm sure jinks has no interest in reading about Neal or the TBB, or postng about either....and so if you have these discussions anywhere but in the Flaming Room, you will probably be moderated...so again please don't be surprised. I, on the other hand, moderate the Flaming Room and so if you have something to say on the topic....say it there.....fill your boots!

Surfcrest

bucknaway
September 6th, 2013, 03:23
[quote="scottish-guy":28neolix]Well I was gonna reference Blazing Saddles but no doubt I'd be accused of racism.

Not at all - I was going to post a pic - but I've seen how touchy some people can be.[/quote:28neolix]

If it's not a racist picture you should be safe. I love Mel Brooks movies. My favorite is History of the world

http://youtu.be/z6eTTaY1a6M

http://youtu.be/IF2RYhNhBdw

http://youtu.be/C3viQHsBFc4

timmberty
September 6th, 2013, 03:42

Perhaps Timmy, if you could make a post without calling your fellow members twat and donkey fuckers, you would have more sucess with your posts. I believe our few Rules & Guidelines are specific about that and so don't be surprised if you are moderated.

Next, as I said it my earlier response in this thread....jinks is our moderator. I'm sure jinks has no interest in reading about Neal or the TBB, or postng about either....and so if you have these discussions anywhere but in the Flaming Room, you will probably be moderated...so again please don't be surprised. I, on the other hand, moderate the Flaming Room and so if you have something to say on the topic....say it there.....fill your boots!

Surfcrest

twat is a kinder term for cunt as im sure you know .. latin himself says he fucks the boys like they are donkeys or some other simular animal .. so callig him a donkey fucker is what he calls himself ..
so i gve you... SURFCRESTS DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Yes, Poxxy, we've heard it all before.

Tell us something new, you boring cunt.

No offence.

:occasion9:

No, the point is if you are arguing over 5B you┬┤re a miserable cunt.

Any particular reason you're getting on like a a nasty cunt for no reason or are you just having a bad day perhaps ? You asked a question and I answered it. Wind your neck in.
to long a post to quote it all but surfcrest wrote ...

Once it was established for a fact that that cunt owns both the CGT and the PBB, the battle here on the board was done. I had amassed enough information to carry on this discussion elsewhere and to deal with this through other means.

locked topic ..
narakmak wrote .....
Some people care about food more than others. I care about food very much. No apologies.
I get your joke, dude, but you are harassing me relentlessly so not only do I think you are a troll, I think you are total asshole. American for cunt?

i am so glad i dont get special treatment for being picked on !!! wouldnt want to feel like i was missing out anywhere along the line ...
surfcrest, do explain why my posts are so much worse than the ones i've quoted above ???
i look forward to your answer .. tho i think theres far more chance i get deleted.

may i also point out this entire thread is about neal and the tbb .. so why was it moved to this forum rather than the flamming forum ???
is that my fault also :occasion5:

Smiles
September 6th, 2013, 04:27
:laughing3: Tell me Timbit ... is there anything (in life) you don't fuck up?
Your little blurb above is nothing if not a very lengthy string of "wrong".

Oh well, carry on ...

timmberty
September 6th, 2013, 04:35
(not) good to see you back smiles .. your attempt to leave the board didnt last long ... 2 days i believe .. even less than me .. why did you delete your poll then leave people to think jinks deleted it ?
quite the vicious little madam aint ya.

Surfcrest
September 6th, 2013, 05:13
Actually the poll wasn't deleted...it was moved into the garage where we've been working on the specific issue.
I'm not a big fan of these smilie things either....and so I deactivated the ones I haven't seen anyone use. After that, the discussion in that thread became technical between those of us working on this issue and the related tech stuff....and the subject matter specific to some inner workings of the phpBB. I would be more than happy to split the technical conversation away and putting the poll back up, but the smilies have been removed so.......

Next up, you are treated differently Timmy by the only two warnings I've handed out....both going to you. These warnings were not threats that you'd be kicked off SGT....but rather, due to you continual name calling and all around bad karma tactics...that your posts would be subject to moderation.

If you have a point to make, perhaps start by not kicking your fellow member in the nuts. If it's a long drawn out thing that gets to that, I'm sure we'd understand....but to start the conversation out that way is a bit much, for us all I think. Certainly you don't ride the tube, punching people in the face for simply being in your way....so why you expect it's okay here is beyond me.

I don't expect this response will help you improve your demeanor in any way, but it should at least explain why you think you are treated any differently than anyone else here.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
September 6th, 2013, 06:38
Timmberty I really think pointing at others for saying they were leaving, is not your strongest suit.

Hardly a week goes past but you are leaving either THIS board or the other one you post on - and never to return, you assure everybody. Yet within 24 hours you turn up again like the proverbial bad penny.

Infact it would be true to say you are in and out more often that a gogo boy's cock.

:violent3:

timmberty
September 7th, 2013, 00:27
surfcrest, scotty, smiles .....

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2013, 22:29
That's very hurtful Timmy - especially since I for one think very highly of you.

:crybaby: