PDA

View Full Version : International prefix

kakadai
August 31st, 2013, 14:41
Which prefix give the best rate for international calls in Thailand, using a DTAC sim card?

:happy7:

Smiles
August 31st, 2013, 18:16
Which prefix give the best rate for international calls in Thailand, using a DTAC sim card?

Not sure what you mean by 'prefix' (I'm somewhat handicapped when it comes to anything even vaguely electronic), but good old 1-2-Call provides very reliable international service at crazy cheap rates: compared to the blatant rip-off ones in, for instance, bloody Canada.

scottish-guy
August 31st, 2013, 18:29
He is referring to the access number/prefix you can dial in some countries to save money when calling internationally.

I used to use them in Europe before the roaming prices came down.

I've never found it necessary to use them in Thailand - as you say, 1-2-Call is so cheap anyway.

My advice is simply to buy a 1-2-Call sim card.

francois
August 31st, 2013, 18:46
With Dtac, 004 is standard call rate at 3 to 5 Baht/min depending on the country you are calling.

Patanawet
August 31st, 2013, 23:49

He is surely referring to the prefix to use instead of 001 or the plus sign when making an international call out from Thailand to get cheaper international rates.
I know of 008 and 009 but I don't know which to use for one2call or other providers.

Smiles
September 1st, 2013, 12:24
OK ... the 009 prefix is the best one for international calls on 1-2-call. It provides a cheaper price than the 008 prefix.

francois
September 2nd, 2013, 00:10
A week ago I used 008 with 1, 2 Call with excellent results. Tonight I tried the 009 and the quality was inferior. Since my calls are usually of short duration I will return to the 008.

2lz2p
September 2nd, 2013, 10:37
Not sure which one is which (008/009), but one of them I believe is a voice over internet connection -- if sending a fax using the VOIP, it may not go through correctly or you may get a disconnect during transmission.

Patanawet
September 3rd, 2013, 12:04
Well, I thought that I'd do a bit of Googling research on this and have just ended up with a headache!

After many sites including Thaivisa and Teak Door, I came across the AIS (12Call prepaid) promotion site which seems to suggest that pressing '+' now routes you through 00500 (instead of 001).
"International calls from 3 Baht per minute (USA, Singapore etc.)". (I would bet that U.K. is more expensive!)
See what you make of it .....
http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/service-ain.html

Drifting slightly off topic a bit, as a resident here using a 12Call prepaid SIM, I use AIS's MAO MAO promotion for domestic use.
I get 10 domestic SMSs for 10 Baht (valid 10 days) and for domestic calls, 150 Baht for 200 minutes call time (valid 20 days).
http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/mao_mao.html

Sorry if this has confused things even further.

PS as an edit----- sorry again to the OP, I've only just noticed that he was asking specifically about DTAC.