View Full Version : Do you use the Friend/Foe buttons- why or why not?

adman5000
August 31st, 2013, 11:09
Recently I have noticed a one or two posters who add overly critical or unkind comments and I got feed up with reading their dribble and decided to use the Foe button. I felt that I did not want to read what they had to say because it was unfairly cutting others down and kind of a downer. Normally I will read all comments on posts I like but tonight I just tired of a person's comments so I went in and used the FOE button (old IGNORE).
In the past on the old board, I only used the IGNORE button on a few. I soon found that they were either kicked off the board(most) or I decided to stop ignoring them(one). If I temporarily removed them from ignore to occasionally read their comments and then felt they had some good comments, I permanently removed the person from IGNORE and started reading their comments again.
It might be interesting to see who were the most common FOES. Maybe it would help them to see it also. :idea1: But I thought it was not exactly keeping within the spirit of my signature. :knob:
Why or why not use them?