PDA

View Full Version : Yaba translations

corky
August 20th, 2013, 19:46
Whats a show about Yabba got to do with Gay Thailand ?

So, before your bickering gets out of hand here's one good reason:
If you go on to Gay Romeo after the bars close count up the number of Thai boys asking to get 'high'. Even with those that don't have the words 'high' or 'hi' in their profiles it is unbelievable how many boys will bring up the subject during on line chat. And they don't mean poppers - that's very old hat. They mean ya-baa or ice. I have had chats with innumerable boys who tell me that if I pay for it then the sex will be cheaper or even free.
Needless to say I don't meet these guys but just put them on ignore - there are so many on my ignore list that sometimes it is difficult to find a suitable lad for the night.
But the most worrying thing for me is that so many of these guys know where to get the stuff - If I can be offered it on line then why aren't the police doing stings in a similar way?

For the pronunciation freaks, it's pronounced ya baa (ya= drug/medicine)(baa = crazy). Ya with a short a sound and baa with a long a sound.
Ice is very dangerous and addictive. Read: http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/effects-of-ice.html

Jellybean
August 21st, 2013, 17:11
Thanks for creating the topic NIrish guy and for such a detailed account of the programme. Unfortunately I have temporarily lost my BBC Sky channels due to signalling problems. Perhaps IтАЩll be able to catch it on BBC iPlayer or maybe it will be repeated.

I also think it is a relevant subject to be posted and discussed on the forum for the reasons brought out in your second post and for the reasons mentioned by Corky.

For the pronunciation freaks, it's pronounced ya baa (ya= drug/medicine)(baa = crazy). Ya with a short a sound and baa with a long a sound.Ice is very dangerous and addictive. Read: http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/effects-of-ice.html
And Corky are you sure about the pronunciation of the Thai word for drug as ya?

I was convinced that the Thai word for drug is yaa and checked my notebook and dictionary where I was able to confirm that it is pronounced as a long 'a' as in -
yaa = drug, medicine, remedy

It is also used in the following words:

r├бan-k─Гai-yaa = shop-sell-drugs = drugstore
roong-p├б-yaa-baan = hospital
p├б-yaa-baan = nurse
yaa-b╚Гa = drug-crazy = crazy drug

Or perhaps IтАЩm going crazy тАУ b╚Гa-b╚Гa bo-bo! without taking any yaa!

Alex303
August 22nd, 2013, 03:36
I watched this programme also and found it both informative and very saddening...those young guys in the secure institution in particular. Think there was one guy who'd been taking heavy doses since the age of 12 (one of many sadly)...the guy looked like a shell of his former self.

And please don't even get me started on the dregs of this earth who have 'engineered' these tablets now to have more attractive smells / tastes (like sweets)...basically to make them more 'appealing' to younger kids. The dark hearted 'creature' that came up with that particular idea deserves the to be taken outside and shot...simple as that!

christianpfc
August 23rd, 2013, 17:56
Jellybean is right, yaba is written and pronounced with two long a.

Let me add some totally useless information: when yaba is transliterated into Russian, it is declined like a Russian feminine noun (I will spare you the declension in 6 cases singular and plural, as I'm too lazy to switch to a cyrillic keyboard and didn't touch-type Russian for years and therefore forget which letter is on which key.)

Nirish guy
August 23rd, 2013, 20:00
Yes you were spot on there Christian, totally useless information.