PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Pattaya 16./17./18.08.2013 Split Topic

dab69
August 26th, 2013, 20:38
That is something that bothers me in Thailand. I like to be the one to decide how to be generous with my my money even if it is only 5 baht. I don't like the employee telling me they are going to keep my change as if they don't respect me enough to to allow me to make adult decisions with my money. If they want a tip, earn it! Don't just don't try to take it simply because they want it and they figure there is little I can do to stop them.

Finally. Have to search through all the dribble posts to find the "one post that inspired":
http://bangkokbois.files.wordpress.com/ ... ach-64.jpg (http://bangkokbois.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/lifes-a-beach-64.jpg)

http://bangkokbois.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/lifes-a-beach-64.jpg

bucknaway
August 26th, 2013, 21:45
That one..... I guess he is making a racial statement and adding the Dr king remarks since this weekend was the anniversary for his "I have a dream" speech. I'm just going to move on.....

francois
August 27th, 2013, 00:41
Bucky; I believe that bangkokbois is making a cheap charlie statment not a racial statement.

gaymandenmark
August 27th, 2013, 00:51
Bucky; I believe that bangkokbois is making a cheap charlie statment not a racial statement.

Yes, not every funny comics with AfroAmericans, are about race.
No reason to be so sensitive.
Bangkokbois has also made fun of whites and asians, big more times.

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 01:04
Then why the Martin Luther king comments and the back of the bus comments in the cartoon?

scottish-guy
August 27th, 2013, 02:09
Racial comments?

Cheap Charlie comments?

Surely the cartoon can only be interpreted as a comment on the irony (or even hypocrisy if you like), of a black American man racially stereotyping Thais.

:dontknow:

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 02:26
If he was talking about all Thais that would be one thing but I was talking about Thais who tried to dictate to me how much of my money they would take from me.

Anyway, I'm not going to have a racial debate on the board. That is how we lost so many minority posters from the past.

gaymandenmark
August 27th, 2013, 02:58
Well maybe you have a point, with the quotes, but I still don't think the cartoon is racist

joe552
August 27th, 2013, 03:14
I thought the Martin Luther King reference was inspired, given the day it was published.

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 03:17
Racist? Maybe not
Tasteless..... Maybe

joe552
August 27th, 2013, 03:25
I'm sure that will be taken as a compliment, buckie

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 03:40
You may be right but I'm going to move on. Maybe the next cartoon will focus on my post. :-)

timmberty
August 27th, 2013, 03:57
I thought the Martin Luther King reference was inspired, given the day it was published.

inspired joe ? or copied ...

hey bucky just think 50 years ago MARTIN LUTHER KING had a dream ... fast forward those 50 years and we have you with your dreams ... they say man has moved on .. you prove otherwise..

but thanks for the compliment, im sure the author of the cartoon wont be to happy .

gaymandenmark
August 27th, 2013, 04:00
Oh I hope to be in Bangkokbois next cartoon, I would be proud, but maybe I am just to boring :hello2:

joe552
August 27th, 2013, 04:12
timmberty - I missed your original reference to MLK, so apologies for that.

gaymandenmark, don't worry - you're not the only one who's too boring to feature in the Sunday funnies. but we can dream can't we?

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 04:16
timmberty - I missed your original reference to MLK, so apologies for that.

gaymandenmark, don't worry - you're not the only one who's too boring to feature in the Sunday funnies. but we can dream can't we?

Your cartoon will focus on the content of your post.

:-)

Surfcrest
August 27th, 2013, 04:22
You may be right but I'm going to move on. Maybe the next cartoon will focus on my post. :-)

Just a guess, but that may have been the focus in the first place.........

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post279798.html#p279798

Surfcrest

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 04:44
Ok, remove the doctor king comments and the racial stuff and it would be a comic to laugh
If the cartoon was of another race would it still work? No
Because its a racial comic that falls apart if I were a white American.

timmberty
August 27th, 2013, 04:46
surfcrest .. after reading smiles posts i know canadians are not the brightest race on earth, but you seem to have moved it on a stage futher .. well done.

sending a link aways from the thread the 'cartoon' was actually based on.... im impressed :alc:

That is something that bothers me in Thailand. I like to be the one to decide how to be generous with my my money even if it is only 5 baht. I don't like the employee telling me they are going to keep my change as if they don't respect me enough to to allow me to make adult decisions with my money. If they want a tip, earn it! Don't just don't try to take it simply because they want it and they figure there is little I can do to stop them.

Surfcrest
August 27th, 2013, 04:52
sending a link aways from the thread the 'cartoon' was actually based on.... im impressed :alc:

Okay Mr. Super Intelligent Brit....you provide the correct thread that the cartoon was based on so we can marvel at your brilliance!

Surfcrest

timmberty
August 27th, 2013, 04:55
why my dear doctor watson it is this one .. it was staring you in the face all along, sometimes one just has to look and its there to be found.

follow the link ....weekend-pattaya-2013-t29497.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weekend-pattaya-2013-t29497.html)

or just go back to the first page.
another case solved holmes ...

no shit sherlock !!!

bucknaway
August 27th, 2013, 05:01
This thread is a perfect candidate to be split off from Christians good work