PDA

View Full Version : Colonial bar closed for renovations.

witchhunt
August 27th, 2013, 10:44
Back home when you see a bar or restaurant closed for renovations, it is usually the start of the end for that business.
Unable to pay rent, staff or for stock and in the case of several, unable to pay government licence monies. Colonial is now closed for renovations.

In Colonials case it seems to be the opposite, In fact there is a bit of competition between the two partners, as to what the cost would be, buying the other out.

Alan arrived back on wednesday last week. He indicated that work was needed as little had been done to Colonial since taking over the old bar. To my eyes at least I have to agree.

Alan[ I dont know the spelling of his christian name] was in Ducs in Sunee, Sunday night having a very close look at Double Shot and Skye Restaurant, the most impressive bars located side by side. He might have shifted later to have a look the other side. He had already told patrons and staff of the closure.

That puts a hold on the the all you can eat food fest including takeaway, being run for the 40 baht bottle of water. How they could make money out of that self serve and take away operation surprises me.