PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy a camera

lmenard
August 18th, 2013, 19:05
Hello,

I will be in a few days in Bangkok and would like to buy a new camera. I guess it is cheaper than in Europe. I'm interessed by a SONY, i checked on their thai website and the price is 19900 THB so a little bit cheaper than in Europe. Where can i find "electronic goods" malls or good camera shops. It's usually cheaper than the official price in these shops ?

Cheers

christianpfc
August 20th, 2013, 15:25
You can try to get the VAT (7% in Thailand) back if you come as a tourist. (I have no experience with VAT refund.)

Smiles
August 20th, 2013, 15:37
Just a thought Imenard, but you might well get more posting interest to your question on the main Gay Thailand forum.
Your topic is 'about' Thailand in general so why not post it where you are bound to get more help. A lot of members do not check the other forums regularly.

You could ask jinks-the-Mod to move it ... He loves doing things like that. :happy7:

jinks
August 20th, 2013, 21:24
You could ask jinks-the-Mod to move it ... He loves doing things like that. :happy7:

Only when it's the wrong thing to do.

Up2U
August 20th, 2013, 21:48
Hello,

I will be in a few days in Bangkok and would like to buy a new camera. I guess it is cheaper than in Europe. I'm interessed by a SONY, i checked on their thai website and the price is 19900 THB so a little bit cheaper than in Europe. Where can i find "electronic goods" malls or good camera shops. It's usually cheaper than the official price in these shops ?

Cheers

Electronics is not necessarily cheaper here in Thailand. I would think you would want the warranty from your home country. Try Fotofile at MBK for good price, selection and dealer reputation. They have a website too, fotofile.net

Mancs
August 21st, 2013, 00:34
Pantip Plaza has some camera shops and is where I would go.

egel
August 21st, 2013, 08:03
I would buy it in Europe for peace of mind. The savings arent worth the worry.

lmenard
August 21st, 2013, 13:42
The fact is that I broke my camera and that it was too close to order a new one by internet. The one I would like to buy costs 505 euros in France, the official price from Sony Thailand is 475 euros minus the VAT it's about 440 euros. I bought my last camera in Singapore and now all camera have a international guarantee, so it shouldn't be an issue. But I guess that like in France, you can find in camera shops the same camera of the official Sony Thailand shops at a cheaper price. In France, for example, the official price is 575 euros and you can buy the camera at 505 euros. Thank you for your help, i will check in MBK camera shops and if I'm not sure buy it at the official Sony shops

fedssocr
August 22nd, 2013, 09:21
Power Buy has lots of cameras as well. I would check there to see if the one you want might be on sale.