PDA

View Full Version : 12 - 13 June : Will businesses in Bangkok be open ?

June 6th, 2006, 17:45
Bank Of Ayudhaya e-mailed me yesterday to inform me that The Bank of Thailand has ordered all commercial banks in Bangkok to close for 2 days to comfort special foreign guests who attend the King's ceremony. Although the bank's website will still be open but any internet transactions will not be carried out until after the 13th as well.

What will happen to go-go bars and massage parlors ????

June 6th, 2006, 20:11
Hopefully, they'll close for the holiday so that their staff can participate in this once-in-a-lifetime event.

June 7th, 2006, 10:37
DELETED

June 7th, 2006, 16:39
What will happen to go-go bars and massage parlors ????

Just to be on the safe side, you might want to lay in a private stock.
They won't go flat--But you might.

catawampuscat
June 8th, 2006, 09:33
I was informed by a mamasan that the bars will close in Pattaya for three days starting this Friday June 9th..Another mamasan in another bar
said the same but wasn't sure..He had heard the bars in BKK will close for 4 days..
Last nite, I asked two boys with good English and neither seem to know anything about it.. I am sure everyone from the customers to the staff can use
a break (except for just arriving farangs) but it would be nice to know in advance... What did you hear?

Monty-old
June 8th, 2006, 10:12
We in Pattaya, have not had a Police Notice yet, to close or No beer or whiskey to be sold.
I have asked my managers And they told me that is up to bar owners if they close .
If I get any notice, I will post it .