PDA

View Full Version : Bar owner travels to Ireland on coach seat

witchhunt
August 14th, 2013, 14:45
Things must be tougher than I thought.

My friend was at the airport to see off a friend and he noticed a bar owner entering the same flight. Only difference is his friend travelled in business ,the bar owner down the back. This was discussed today and it has been stated the same man travels to the airport by bus.

Getting rugged these days in the bar business.

aot871
August 14th, 2013, 16:03
whats wrong with going on the bus to the airport. I some times also fly business, but I always use the bus from jomtiem , it takes about 15 mins longer than a taxi but as you all know it only costs 134 bht

Nirish guy
August 14th, 2013, 16:37
Yes exactly, Shock horror - stop the press - man chooses to save money and fly in a totally acceptable more value for money economy seat rather than pay ┬г1000 more for a few extra inches of leg room and a ┬г1000 (oh but its free) glass of champagne and also perhaps chooses to get to the airport by bus as it perhaps leaves him right to the door and he doesn't have to worry about parking or his taxi not turning up on time and its a fraction of the cost of a taxi to get to the same place, I mean whatever was he thinking !! Yes obviously a clear indicator that Pattaya as a travel resort is finished for sure if bar owners are starting to behave in this ridiculous cheap Charlie way - perhaps they're just starting to take lessons from some of their customers !

joe552
August 14th, 2013, 16:48
Perhaps he's able to own a bar because he doesn't waste money on unnecessary luxuries? Hats off to him, I say

frequentflier
August 14th, 2013, 21:51
whats wrong with coach?
some people should mind their own business..

SimpleSoul
August 14th, 2013, 22:15
I would like to know what was the point of this thread? Was it simple humour or shall we say attempted humour?

Or was it another bit of spite at someone else s expense, excuse the sort of pun...

I really don't see the point of some of these unhelpful, kind of snide comments aimed again at bar owners...

I can't see how it helps our little community. Oh well.

joe552
August 14th, 2013, 22:40
when I first read the thread title, I thought he'd taken the bus (coach) to Ireland - now that would be a cheap Charlie thing to do

Jellybean
August 14th, 2013, 23:24
when I first read the thread title, I thought he'd taken the bus (coach) to Ireland - now that would be a cheap Charlie thing to do
Well, itтАЩs nice to know I am in good company Joe, because thatтАЩs exactly what I thought when I read the title! Eh тАж what? He travelled to Ireland by coach?

Is тАШcoachтАЩ an Americanism for travelling economy? Sorry, IтАЩve never heard it described like that before.

francois
August 14th, 2013, 23:30
Economy Class is same as Coach Class or, as some would describe, Cattle Class.

gaymandenmark
August 15th, 2013, 00:18
Terrible and disgusting news. :sign5:

Manforallseasons
August 15th, 2013, 02:51
Why on earth would anyone give a shite :dontknow:

goji
August 16th, 2013, 04:03
To travel business class, I would want to be earning at least $200,000 per year.

I cannot see many bars making that after policing costs.

loke
August 17th, 2013, 13:58
90% of us both tourists and expats are travelling on economy class , so not only bar owners that cant afford business class.

OP is probably richer than you and me since he can afford it. Good for him .

cottmann
August 18th, 2013, 06:35
Things must be tougher than I thought.

My friend was at the airport to see off a friend and he noticed a bar owner entering the same flight. Only difference is his friend travelled in business ,the bar owner down the back. This was discussed today and it has been stated the same man travels to the airport by bus.

Getting rugged these days in the bar business.

Things must be getting rugged in the duty-free shopping and flatpack furniture businesses, too. Ingvar Kamprad, who founded IKEA, and Chuck Feeney (co-founder of those DFS shops at international terminals) are among the billionaires who also reportedly travel in economy class the latter "because first class won't get me to my destination any faster."

In fact, businesses have been encouraging (i.e., requiring) managers, etc., to travel in economy class since airlines started imposing the oil surcharge on flights.

Patanawet
August 18th, 2013, 13:21
This reminds me of a CNN report, a few years ago, from an airport during the time when no planes were flying due to the volcano eruption.
They interviewed an aging hi-so woman passenger who, when told that absolutely no planes were flying, replied "what, not even first class?".

corky
August 18th, 2013, 14:33
... are among the billionaires who also reportedly travel in economy class the latter "because first class won't get me to my destination any faster."

Could this be one reason why they are billionaires and envious, shit-stirring twerps like the OP are still slumming it around the cheaper parts of Sunee Plaza?

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2013, 20:13
i only travel biz when I'm actually on business and the company is paying. Even then we have strict budget constraints and any flight costing over тВм3500 has to be approved by my bosse's boss.
On holiday/personal trips its economy all the way, however due to my platinum card I tend to get economy class premium seats on most flights which is a slight improvement. I simply dont see the cost benefit of pating 3 to 4 times for a biz ticket. Crazy.

Smiles
August 19th, 2013, 21:35
" ... I simply don't see the cost benefit of pating 3 to 4 times for a biz ticket. Crazy."
Agreed.
But a gazillion flyers these days are unbelievably overweight and economy seats are getting smaller: these bloated folks can hardly fit into them without spilling over into the next seat (read: 'mine'!). On long over-Pacific flights this is a serious comfort ~ and aesthetic ~ issue.
So what options for them? Buy two seats? (I recall reading somewhere that a number of airlines are insisting that such folks purchase 2 seats ... at a price I would guess is reasonably close to Biz class cost). If not that, then I suppose a decent number of over-weighters are buying Biz simply because of the comfort factor, and probably not liking it all.

I've been hovering around the 165 lbs mark for centuries and have no issue with economy travel simply because I can fit in the chairs without problem. But when I look around me and observe 60% (figure not scientific) of my economy neighbours huffing, puffing, squirming around in discomfort (and making life uncomfortable for their adjoining seat-folk) I thank the lord they have a alternative to not sitting beside me. I wish more would take it!

Korean Air is a good choice for flights to Thailand. The seats on Korean are quite roomy in Economy and I can stretch out my legs completely under the seat in front with no trouble. They seem to be equivalent in size and leg room to the seats in the Economy Plus on other airlines. But they still can't be very comfortable for the fatties flying these days.

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2013, 21:41
See your point about the bigger people. I often fly to BKK or Shanghai direct from Amsterdam and biz trips are usually under 3000, whilst an economy is always under 1000. But again if I'm seated next to someone who is clearly overflowing into my seat i make a pont of complaining, quietly at first; if this doesnt work very loudly. Has happened once and the big fella got moved to biz??? I sat there feeling silly!!! Was on china eastern.

Smiles
August 19th, 2013, 22:00
" ... the big fella got moved to biz??? I sat there feeling silly!!! Was on china eastern."
:laughing3:
It probably was not his first time with this ploy. 'How to Get Upgraded ~ Every Time!' ... sounds like a chapter in a tourist advice manual.

colmx
August 20th, 2013, 01:21
" ... I simply don't see the cost benefit of pating 3 to 4 times for a biz ticket. Crazy."
Agreed.
But a gazillion flyers these days are unbelievably overweight and economy seats are getting smaller: these bloated folks can hardly fit into them without spilling over into the next seat (read: 'mine'!).

On a recent Air france flight the genteman next to me was so big that this stomach was wedged against the seat in front of him...
Both arm rests had to be raised to accomodate him and he had a special seat belt extender to allow the safety belt to fasten

Problem (besides him taking most my space/oxygen....)was i had a window seat and he was completely blocking any chance i would have had to make an exit in an emergency... i asked the hostess if one of the 2 of us could be moved... all i got from this was a filthy look from the passenger and a "sorry we are full" from the cabin crew...

So i decided to ask for the safety officer... A few mins from take off he came down and was quite agressive with me... I explained the situation to him and he simply shrugged and said that there was nothing he could do... Of course this left a very embarrrassing situation with me and the guy i was going to have to sit next to for the next 11.5 hours!

A few minutes later the safety officer came back and moved me into a row with 2 Thai girls... After the previous cramped conditions .... i felt like i WAS flying first class!

A few minutes later

christianpfc
August 22nd, 2013, 22:00
A belt extender? OMG!

gumblebee
August 23rd, 2013, 01:41
A belt extender? OMG!

Just 1 seat belt extender? I remember reading United Airlines have a policy where you have to buy a second seat if you need more than one extender. :glasses7:

colmx
August 24th, 2013, 06:39
Wow... it appears that the humongous monster that i sat next to on the Air France flight was none other that the EX-owner of this board... aka Niall (or some stupid bastardisation of that name)

Sorry that i appearred arrogant to you... but the fact that you were taking up 15% of the entire cabin space was grounds for complaint in my opinion...

I am surprised that there is room on the gay beach for you at all given the space that your ego occupies (and i haven't even mentioned your girth!)

Niall - keep your gigantic trap shut... you have pissed off 70% of the members on this board... dont try to make enemies of the rest of us too... remember you are/were the Pol Pot of message board owners... most of us have not even tried to try and make amends for the reign of terror that you tried to rule here with!

latintopxxx
August 24th, 2013, 15:50
honestly when will you (and some others) get over neil...the hate!!!!....what a waste of emotion.....