PDA

View Full Version : Gay friendly hotels in BKK

JamesIII
August 12th, 2013, 04:46
Am coming down next month and looking for a gay friendly hotel that my friends can come by for a visit without
the doorman raising hell when he sees a Thai boy with me or coming to my room.
Help please James :angryfire:

Smiles
August 12th, 2013, 14:16
You might want to let the board know at least what city you are talking about: "Am coming down ..." is hardly helpful.
Hotels in Thailand don't give a tinker's damn about concepts like being 'gay friendly'. Problem solved.
A Thai doorman ~ if there is one ~ would never "raise hell" about anything to a customer. Problem solved.

Giessen
August 12th, 2013, 15:12
Reception and security staff at the Montien in Surawong Rd can be decidedly unfriendly to your Thai guests. Attitude seems to be worse when they have a function such as a wedding reception in the hotel. I suspect that the Thai family that owns the hotel does not want to offend their their Hi-So clientele. I've also experienced attitude from security staff at the Tawana and from reception staff at the Siam Heritage. I'm well able to ignore this sort of attitude but I always feel badly for my guests and won't stay at these hotels. My experience may be isolated examples but there are plenty of other places that are more welcoming.

My favourite is the Rose Hotel even though the rooms are on the small side, the wifi is slow and expensive, and the breakfast isn't worth getting out of bed. The pool, however, is great as is the restaurant and the reception and security staff have seen it all before and are rarely fazed by guest behaviour. That said, they did a collective double take once when a very tall guest arrived clad in black leather accompanied by several old style travelling trunks also covered in leather!

The hotel is well located for the bars in Soi Twilight and for the sky train at Sala Daeng and the metro at Sam Yan. Rooms without breakfast usually cost about 1,500 baht. There is no lift to the floor on which the cheapest rooms are located but it is only one flight of stairs.

There are lots of other hotels in the vicinity that others can vouch for.

Enjoy your stay where ever you decide to stay.

scottish-guy
August 12th, 2013, 17:02
James III, you Old Pretender!

I'd have obviously liked it much better if you'd styled yourself James VIII

:evil4:

Nirish guy
August 12th, 2013, 17:45
To be fair to the Op he did say in the threads title - gay friendly hotels "IN BKK" and depending on the hotel whilst they may not "raise hell" but someone may have a quite word or look if you roll up with some 20 year old thia guy in street clothes that touve just pulled in DJ in tow, if not then and there but perhaps later at check in / out / key collection ehen they ever so nicely remind you of their joiners policy etc.

And to the OP just to be sure make sure you book your room for "2" people and then the worst that can happen is you have to check your friend in ( but only in the swankiest of hotels perhaps - and if they are THAT swanky they "should" also be smart enough to deal with the situation quietly and discreetly if its not something they wish to encourage in that particular hotel, but your question is a valid one - and so to try and helpful - if you're staying in the Silom area instantly I would recommend the Tarntawan hotel as you wont have ANY problems there with joiners ( up to a maximum of six of them at any one time only though the last time I checked :-) assuming they all have ID that is of course, but that will be the same everywhere ( or should be) - enjoy.

corky
August 12th, 2013, 18:37
It depends on your budget.

My choice would be Tarntawan Place but if that is too expensive for you then try:
Om Yim Lodge; Malaysia Hotel; BBB Inn or Vincents.
And if none of those are appealing then take a look at dreadedned.com

Thai Dyed
August 13th, 2013, 00:56
I stay at the Atlanta. Lots of old-world charm.
http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

[attachment=0:3qgbeupg]Atlanta_lobby.jpg[/attachment:3qgbeupg]

jfarmer017
August 13th, 2013, 02:23
I have seen pictures of that lobby before but have never stayed at that hotel. Nonetheless, their "Caveats" make for hilarious reading. Here are some of my favorites:

"1/ The Atlanta does not welcome SEX TOURISTS, and does not try to be polite about it."

"3/ The Atlanta also does NOT WELCOME UNDOMESTICATED PEOPLE тАУ the sort of people whose conduct and appearance give tourists in general and their compatriots in particular a bad name. When The Atlanta states 'NOT WELCOME', The Atlanta means it. There will be no politeness about it."

"Visitors who object to any of The Atlanta's policies or who intend to spend their time in Thailand whoring, behaving badly, indulging in alcohol abuse and illicit drugs should stay elsewhere. The Atlanta is not that kind of place."

timmberty
August 13th, 2013, 16:49
You might want to let the board know at least what city you are talking about: "Am coming down ..." is hardly helpful.
Hotels in Thailand don't give a tinker's damn about concepts like being 'gay friendly'. Problem solved.
A Thai doorman ~ if there is one ~ would never "raise hell" about anything to a customer. Problem solved.

from reading the title of the thread i kinda guessed what city he was talking about !!

jfarmer the best bit on their website you left off ..

"A rescued dog that was at The Atlanta for many years but has already died was a very useful member of staff. It normally welcomed guests who walk into The Atlanta, but if the dog barked at the guest, it was 100% certain that that guest was going to turn out to be a trouble-maker. The dog was never mistaken тАУ not once. It was a very sweet dog. IF ONLY IT HAD BEEN A VICIOUS DOG TOO"....

fawlty towers perhaps.

Smiles
August 13th, 2013, 17:12
" ... from reading the title of the thread i kinda guessed what city he was talking about !!... "
Conceded.

The Hilarious Hotel however, trumps all else in this thread.

August 13th, 2013, 17:49
You are talking nonsense I'm afraid Smiles. The Montien may certainly be one of the better know homophobic hotels but it is by no means the only one. Some Thai hotels - and most Thais - do give a damn about hotel guests taking prostitutes (male or female) through the lobbies.

christianpfc
August 13th, 2013, 21:13
copy from the other thread on the same subject:

This subject has been discussed dozens of times and I am sure pong will soon chime and tell you that most hotels simply do not care if you bring back a boy or a girl as long as you have booked a double room.

The Atlanta's rules are indeed very interesting, it gets mentioned in "Bankgok off the grid" as well (with these rules quoted).

PeterUK
August 14th, 2013, 10:13
The Atlanta's website is indeed a hoot. I went there many years ago to sample 'the biggest selection of Thai vegetarian dishes in the world'. The lobby is quite as striking as it looks on the website; it has a lot of character. Usually I find that the quality of the food is in inverse proportion to the degree of bragging, but I have to say my meal wasn't bad. I recall that there were dire warnings even on the place mats. Two muscular Scandinavian ladies locked in hushed conversation were the only other diners. My main quibble is that, considering the, ahem, somewhat aggressive tone regarding sex tourists, I think the hotel is being unduly moderate in requesting that children be looked after 'with all reasonable control'. I would prefer to see them shackled and possibly gagged as well. Nasty little creatures. An acquaintance owns a resort in Chiang Mai and has a pool with fairly deep water at both ends 'to make it as child-unfriendly as possible' as he puts it. Now there's the spirit!

Khor tose
August 14th, 2013, 18:25

[attachment=0:3j7aia1w]Atlanta_lobby.jpg[/attachment:3j7aia1w]

Very interesting. I wonder if they would accept a gay couple? Anyone know that answer?

Nirish guy
August 14th, 2013, 20:22
Yes i wondered that too and am guessing that they'd have no problem with that as their beef seems to be with sex tourists doing the shagging 3 or 4 guys OR girls a day - which it's none of their business is fair enough if that's the way they want to brand their hotel I guess, but I would HOPE that they wouldn't have any issue with a committed gay couple staying with them - anyone know for sure ???

This of course then validates the gay (sex tourists) who prefer their their chosen hotels don't encourage str8 people as that could be equally as painful having to stand in a lift with them watching them together ( watching us disapprovingly) as it is for them it seems in reverse !

bobsaigon2
August 15th, 2013, 12:34
Definitely avoid the Montien. I object to the Rose simply because they charge for wifi. Same with the Le Meridien (470 Baht/day for wifi), and the Meridien is pricey, though apparently not too pricey for some of our colleagues because a Dreamboy staff person said they often send boys over there to join their customers.

The Tarntawan Place Hotel is still the first choice of many gay travelers. Not five star, but a comfortable, welcoming ambience. ItтАЩs genteel and quiet enough for the senior sexpats, and the younger guests can still bring in up to three joiners at a time, with no joiner fees. There is never ever a problem bringing someone to your room as long as they can provide ID. TheyтАЩve apparently reduced their rates by a couple of hundred baht, installed e-safes in all the rooms, maybe replaced the 15 year old bedding in some rooms. Five minutesтАЩ walk to Boy Soi, even for those with mobility issues. Only caveat would be to book a Suriwongse room. The back rooms have no view or an unpleasant one. Mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, free wifi, same day laundry service, 24 hour restaurant. 7-11 and a pharmacy a few steps away. Around the corner from Tawan Bar, Indra massage, a few minutes from Super A, Golden Cock and Nature Boy.

Brad the Impala
August 16th, 2013, 01:53
Very interesting. I wonder if they would accept a gay couple?

Only if they truly love each other and have equal income!

Patanawet
August 19th, 2013, 14:21
The website is wonderful. Every page has some gems. I had to look up the meaning of catamite!
I thought that it was all a wonderfull spoof but it has reviews all over the web if you search for Atlanta Hotel.

You haven't really stayed there, have you Thai Dyed -- you're joshing us?

Nirish guy
August 19th, 2013, 17:41
Oh the Atlanta website is a hoot ! :-) Actualy it looks like quite a nice / interesting hotel ! What a pity I'll never be allowed to stay there unless I promise to be a good boy ( and even then I'm guessing too and anyway that SO ain't going to happen just to suite someone else's rules), although when reading the site all I could keep thinking was "how the hell do they survive with their chosen way of running out their business" - until I read the answer buried in their site pages i.e. " The Atlanta is not run as a commercial enterprise with a view to maximising profits; its financial aim is merely to cover costs". Hmmm Farang running their businesses whether that be bars or in this case a hotel without them making any profit ( either intentionally or otherwise) appear to be a very popular pastime in Thailand these days it seems !

I also especially liked the following in their caveat : "The Atlanta does not ask for or listen to explanations or excuses, and does not apologise for the manner in which miscreants are thrown out. The Atlanta also does not apologise for any mistakes it may be accused of having made with regard to the identification of sex tourists." So, to bad if you happen to live in the UK and maybe have been married and living here in the UK for the last 10 years with a Thai lady as your fully legal wife - if she walks in with you and we think "Oh, obviously a whore with her trick" we'll throw you out - and please note our policy regarding such matters a) we wont ask for or listen to your explanation and b) even if we're totally wrong and have highly insulted you and your wife, tough shit we'll not be apologising, even though we're in the wrong" - yes a BASTION of good manners there, I'm glad I'm just a lowly despicable sex tourist if that's what they believe GOOD manners make you become :-)

But hey, good luck to the owner for sticking to his views, he appears to be about 106 or something now so I'm guessing he doesn't need the money and if he still enjoys living in his bubble of "good manners" ( whilst of course being ridiculously bad mannered himself in how he judges, comments on and generally talks down to other people), but thats his affair and I wish him all the best with that :-)

i MIGHT just book a night for the hell of it, just to wind him up ! :-)

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2013, 17:53
...how do they stay in business???...i wouldnt last 5 minutes...if the bell boys/doormen are cute...I probably would not make it past check in...

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2013, 17:54
...imagine...visiting Bangkok and not having sex....waste of a trip...like what else is there to do...

Nirish guy
August 19th, 2013, 20:08
Ha ha Latin - spoken like a TRUE sex tourist - and I mean that as a compliment :-)

I "hear" they have shopping malls, world class restaurants and theatres and EVERYTHING - but I'm with you on this one ! lol

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2013, 21:46
I'm all templed/palaced out...the fare served at telephone bar is fine with me...I eat out fancy when work is paying so really enjoy the opportunity to slum it...as for theatres soi twilight is all the culture/theatre I need...as for shopping...how many torso hugging t-shirts does one need. There have been long weekends where I have hardly strayed from the gay bermuda triangle of babylon...silom soi 4 and soi twilight.
main reason i visit BKK + pats is for the excellent world class sex...all at reasonable prices...and always served with a smile....

gaymandenmark
August 19th, 2013, 23:34
is for the excellent world class sex...all at reasonable prices.....and always served with a smile....

Always served with a smile?...you must be kidding.

"if halfway through a 3 hour session the "boy"wants to end it I "reason"with him that he agreed on a price and that he does "everything"....love the whole face thing..."

post279478.html#p279478 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post279478.html#p279478)

latintopxxx
August 20th, 2013, 02:30
..yes....and why is that a surprise????...i tell him to smile....easy....i even tell him to thank me for choosing him ......i even ask him if he likes it...and tell him the correct answer is yes....tooo funny for words.....look up the privateboy movie ...and....machofucker movies....its where i get some of my inspiration from...and relax...its only a game.....and good fun is had....

gaymandenmark
August 20th, 2013, 04:07
sometimes you are just too funny latin.

I have been travelling to and around Thailand for at least 25 years, and I was not aware that there were so many kinky boys in Thailand, that were into your game of being humiliated and Machofucked like a goat, with a forced smile on their face, for hours....unless of course you pay them appropriate for their services, which does not seem to be the case.

You can even trawl them from the streets and bars, like flies on a piece of shit.

This is way to much OT, but if I was you, treating the boys, like you have told us many times, and if it is the truth, I would seriously look for attacks from behind...but have fun.

Nirish guy
August 20th, 2013, 04:48
No that's why he's called Latin TOP as he once heard he might have to pay extra to be attacked from behind ? :-)

SO :-) .....and getting right back on topic - just out of pure interest and as no one was able to answer the question purely for "the craic" I've just sent an short, polite email to the Atlanta Hotel explaining that their hotel looked very nice etc and that I was thinking of staying there for a few days on my next trip perhaps, however I had noted on their website that they do try to keep certain standards so I was just checking and confirming that I, being of the homosexual persuasion, along with my Thai partner, who has lived with me in the UK for the last 12 years ( SO not true ! ) would both be made welcome as guests there ok ? :-)

So, so far I've had no reply as yet and am waiting with bated breath to hear if us gay's are also persona non grata along with all the other trouble makers on their list lol - actually I'm guessing there shouldn't be a problem as they'd mentioned that they had and encouraged artists and writers to stay and I mean come on surely you can't GET a gayer bunch of guys there if you tried :-)

scottish-guy
August 20th, 2013, 05:46
.....I being of the homosexual persuasion....

Since when did You ever need persuading, dear?

:party

latintopxxx
August 20th, 2013, 20:15
scotty u really should do stand up comedy...always have a quick/witty come back...

Nirish guy
August 22nd, 2013, 15:47
SO :-) ....just out of pure interest / boredom and as no one was able to answer the question purely for "the craic" I sent an short, polite email to the Atlanta Hotel explaining that their hotel looked very nice etc and that I was thinking of staying there for a few days on my next trip perhaps, however I had noted on their website that they do try to keep certain standards so I was just checking and confirming that I, being of the homosexual persuasion, along with my Thai partner, who has lived with me in the UK for the last 12 years ( SO not true ! ) would both be made welcome as guests there ok ? :-) So, so far I've had no reply as yet and am waiting with bated breath to hear if us gay's are also persona non grata along with all the other trouble makers on their list lol - actually I'm guessing there shouldn't be a problem as they'd mentioned that they had and encouraged artists and writers to stay and I mean come on surely you can't GET a gayer bunch of guys there if you tried :-)

Just as a follow to my above - as yet I STILL have not received ANY reply to me polite email plus I also sent a second follow up email ( again to their main reservations email address) just asking / checking did they get my first message ok - but alas it appears us poor gays may just be persona non grata there after all it seems :-( lol

Perhaps it was my saying that I had a Thai partner who had lived here in the UK with me for TWELVE years - as obviously 12 years wasn't long enough for them not to be still considered just a money grabbing hooker and me a (lazy) sex tourist in the owners eyes - so, I wonder just how long it DOES take for him to be hooker tag free then in his view ? Or perhaps the owner is more a once your a hooker you're always a hooker type of guy ?? Well either way my imaginary live in boyfriend is HIGHLY offended and says he wont be staying there now even if they offered him a room FREE - see, now you KNOW he's imaginary as if he was real and Thai he would ABSOLUTELY be staying there come rain or shine if the room was "FREE" ! :-) lol

frankyberlin
August 22nd, 2013, 16:56
check in in the "bbb in" hotel....short walk o the gay compex with many gogo bar┬┤s

joe552
August 22nd, 2013, 17:40
NIrish Guy - now that you've admitted to having an imaginary Thai bf, should we now question other things you've posted on the board? :occasion9:

Nirish guy
August 22nd, 2013, 18:21
Ha ha no I'm happy to be able to confirm that whatever I write is 100% accurate - warts and all - and unlike some people who will remain nameless ( speaking of which where is BEACHY lately ?!!:-) I think there's a big difference from stating in advance that you've created a made up live in Boyfriend solely for the purpose of seeing what a hotel's response might be to your checking in together from someone actually suggesting and stating as fact that thats the case in the hope that people believe them and them then going on to suggest and allow and expect other people to believe that's how they ACTUALLY live.

Hell anyway did you not hear, I had to send my imaginary BF home again anyway as I was totally exhausted from all the imaginary sex we weren't having ! So, that's that realtionship out the window now it seems - and anyway I always had a sneaking suspicion about him that he was just with me for the money and he never really loved me anyway, so he's disappearance is ABSOLUTLEY no loss to me - in fact when I look across the breakfast table now in the mornings it's almost like he was never there already ! :-)

orson
August 31st, 2013, 08:05

[attachment=0:3qfqjipy]Atlanta_lobby.jpg[/attachment:3qfqjipy]

if the 50 plus cats won't get you, their "fine hyper-allergenic pillows" will :laughing3:

Nirish guy
August 31st, 2013, 08:23
Well it appears that I'll never get to find that out one way or the other as after sending off two emails, one initial one and one follow up pointing out I was still awaiting a reply to my first message, where I asked would they mind a gay man and his live in partner of numerous years checking in with them I've yet to receive any reply so I as my emails went to their main reservations desk I'm guessing I've received their answer after all - wow, so if that's how the well mannered live ( well according to his website anyway) you can keep it, I think I'd rather just stay as I am !

scottish-guy
August 31st, 2013, 15:48
check in in the "bbb in" hotel....short walk o the gay compex with many gogo bar┬┤s

I've never stayed there but they have a kind of "coffee shop" area at reception and during the day when there is little in the "gay area" that's open, it's a useful place to pop in for a beer or a carafe of wine - maybe play a game of pool, or just observe the farangs checking into the short-time rooms with the new-found love of their lives!!

During one of those afternoons I got a tour of the accomodation. It's clean enough but fairly basic. The overall impression I get is that the hotel would benefit from some more natural light (even tho the frontage is mostly glass, it all still seems a bit gloomy inside). On the plus side, the air-con is good,the place is clean, the staff are friendly, and the room rates are reasonable.

:hello2:

MiniMee
August 31st, 2013, 15:57
It's clean enough but fairly basic. ....On the plus side, the air-con is good,the place is clean, the staff are friendly, and the room rates are reasonable.

How up to date is this information?

scottish-guy
August 31st, 2013, 17:58
Autumn 2011 was the last time I popped in - because I don't really visit BKK anymore, and just made a day trip.

But you have a valid point - in the intervening period it might either have turned into the Palace of Versailles or Bates Motel.
I think we might have heard though, don't you?

On the other hand, you could try taking honestly-given information at face value for once :dontknow:

Zebedee
September 1st, 2013, 16:53
Autumn 2011 was the last time I popped in - because I don't really visit BKK anymore, and just made a day trip.

But you have a valid point - in the intervening period it might either have turned into the Palace of Versailles or Bates Motel.
I think we might have heard though, don't you?

On the other hand, you could try taking honestly-given information at face value for once :dontknow:

Well honestly SG , no offence but the poster is looking for UP-TO-DATE information, not someone's opinion !

scottish-guy
September 1st, 2013, 18:47
That would be a fair point Zebby - had I been replying to the OP!

As it was, I was responding to/expanding on the comment posted by "Frankyberlin" (surely indicated by the fact I quoted him)

Now, if you are arguing that the additional information/opinion I posted is out of date to the extent that it is inaccurate - then let's have your counter-view and observations on this venue, rather than simple knee-jerk criticism.

Oh, and if you do have any observations on BBB Inn to share with us - then MiniMee will of course want the exact date and time of the last time you visited, so you better get your diary out.

:leb:

Nirish guy
September 1st, 2013, 19:05
Moving on from the above :-).......can I just ask would people view the BB Inn as somewhere to "go" - I personally would never even think of it as that as the only time I was in it was about five years ago ( for clarity :-) and to me it was basically a short time hotel, where I believe they also rent fairly basic rooms, but I would never have thought of going round to sit in the "lounge" if you could call it that as to me it was just a small front room / lobby full of massage / MB's waiting on their next client to walk in - and nothing wrong with that of course but unless I was intentionally walking in looking for a shag I don't think it would ever have occurred to me just to go in for a drink - so do others do this perhaps and am I missing out on another fun watering hole maybe ?

Zebedee
September 1st, 2013, 19:13
"Why can't we all just get along?" :sign5:

scottish-guy
September 1st, 2013, 20:04
NIrish, I regard it as "somewhere to go" for maybe one drink or a carafe of wine - in the afternoon - when there is really only Dick's open in that area if you do not want to cross the road to the likes of Golden Cock, Super A etc.

To be honest I've never seen massage or MB's in the coffee shop/lounge - just some of the staff playing pool or on the internet - but as I say I've only been there in the afternoon. I've found the staff can be quite flirty of course!

Nirish guy
September 1st, 2013, 20:11
??? Are we talking about the same place - the BB Inn just behind Soi twilight, I'm guessing so, god when I went there the place was coming down with boys just hanging about in the foyer and everytime a customer came in it was a matter of pick one and away they went to the short time room, I also know one of the boys there and they all sell themselves as massage boys ( now so than MB's - although in DJ later that night they all miraculously revert to MB status lol) - well now I'll have to give it a check out in December and see was I maybe just in on a busy day for the boys !

scottish-guy
September 1st, 2013, 20:37
I'm sure we are talking about the same place

http://thaiboy.net/bed/index.php?p=bi&display=cruise&id_tha=1305

but I have honestly never seen any "activity" in the early-mid afternoon - just the odd "short time room" punters arriving or leaving.

I can't imagine I sat with my beer or wine, chatting to a friend and reading the local gay magazines, completely oblivious to what was going on - I must be losing my touch completely!! Either that or it changes later in the day :dontknow:

:sign5:

a447
September 1st, 2013, 21:29
SG, Hotmale Bar is open from around lunchtime but Dicks is closed, if I recall correctly.

Why can't we all just get along?

Now, where have I seen that before :sign5:

timmberty
September 1st, 2013, 22:20
Oh sorry - its just when I noted the question mark at the end of your sentence I assumed you were asking a question as lets face it you're not usually known for your outpouring of hilarity :-)

i see what you mean ni .. so many people :sign5: on this thread its hard to know whos still on their feet.
i must try harder to laugh or say things that are totally unfunny yet can still get people to :sign5:

Jellybean
September 1st, 2013, 23:03
NIrish if you, or any other member for that matter, find yourself at a loose end in Bangkok and you fancy a little aperitif at the BBB Inn, donтАЩt forget the snake farm just opposite.

I received the following message from the BBB Inn by email this afternoon:

тАЬWhen you stay at BBB Inn, you are not only the centre of attraction but in the middle of it all. Many things to do besides this unique gay night life of
Bangkok.

See snakes loose [sic] their poison and you loose [sic] your fear: Just opposite BBB Inn visit the snake farm. Daily shows at 10:30 h and 14:00 h bring you not
only close but in real touch with poisonous snakes. Great feeling!тАЭ

Yes, what a great feeling indeed, but AYOR! :-)

Nirish guy
September 1st, 2013, 23:14
Just opposite ?? I thought it was facing a busy main road - so not only have I been missing the many ( doubtful) delights of the ambiance of the BBB Inn but also a top notch tourist attraction too, where if it's the one I seen on TV the keeper had a few fingers missing as the snakes didn't always play ball when it came to his snake charming technique - damn, I really will have to get up early out of my bed in Tarntawan on my next trip and make a point of going there now it seems - NOT ! lol

Hmmm after visiting their website and having a peak in their boys gallery I think I'll give it a miss for sure - plus I dont know exactly just how many years ago some of the photos in their gallery were taken but a guy I know is in there and he hasn't looked like that for well over 7 years now or more !! :-)

joe552
September 2nd, 2013, 01:45
well NIrish, following your example I had a look too - and any hotel that doesn't pay their staff enough that they can afford a shirt while working is not somewhere I'd like to stay. Although, I'd be inclined to stick around for some "light dusting" if one or two were still there.