PDA

View Full Version : Rome Club, Icon the Roxy now that's closed! Jinx'ed?

wowpow
June 5th, 2006, 18:17
I was saddened to read on www.StickyRice.ws (http://www.StickyRice.ws) update that this Silom Soi four is no more. There is no further information there. I wonder what happened to the lovely X-treme dancing team. They seemed to have been doing a lot of promotions and such but it a a large, and presumably expensive, site.

Sticky Rice is now a website mag. SPICE is it's successor and it's revamped style and content thrilled last month. Gaypattayan has announced that the next edition will be available in about a couple of weeks.

bkkguy
June 6th, 2006, 02:13
history has judged that the infamous notice on the Rome Club door was a bad move, but I think it is unfair to keep blaming the jinxed address for the success or otherwise of the various management teams and their plans and decisions since then!

bkkguy

June 6th, 2006, 06:24
Rome was the best - in its day, before that sign went up.
Icon - arrogant management who thought that they were right and the punters were wrong for staying away. If they had listened to their critics then it might still be going.
Roxy - owner/manager never there. Staff ran amok, service was lousy, show same old, same old.
Next? - I heard the place is up for sale or rent. What soi 4 needs is a good disco. Everyone complains about DJ's.