PDA

View Full Version : Bangkokois Blog

morse
August 4th, 2013, 22:32
Does anyone follow the blog Bangkokbois? It has not been updated for a week and I wondered what has happened. I don't know the blog's author, but he is often insightful and always amusing and often posts other links.

dab69
August 4th, 2013, 22:57
Tried leaving a message on his board- "hope you are on a nice vacation"-
but since it has to be approved before posting and it hasn't been posted...

Anyway it is the only way to contact- leaving a message, no email.
And days later it still has not been posted.
Leaves one to worry what might have happened to him.

Smiles
August 4th, 2013, 23:13
Good blogs, kept up to date, with photos and good writing take a huge amount of work ... probably quite a bit more work than juggling a medium size message board like Sawatdee.
BangkokBois is one of my favourites as well, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the owner has decided to simply take a holiday from blogging. A bit of blog burnout is not uncommon.
If he has decided to abandon it all together (I hope not) I would expect he would make an announcement saying so.
But a holiday? Probably no announcement necessary.

Rush, Yet Again
August 5th, 2013, 12:18
Sorry guys . . .

An unplanned and unexpected trip away from home kept me from the internet this last week. IтАЩm back home now, catching up on correspondence (and the boards) and will start posting regularly again tomorrow . . . but I did just get a Sunday Funnies posted tonight тАШcuz I know how disappointed yтАЩall would be otherwise.

Mahalos for your concern and comments.

scottish-guy
August 5th, 2013, 14:45
Glad to hear all is well - and thanks for the Sunday funny.

Fame at last for Timmberty!!

:party

timmberty
August 5th, 2013, 14:54
shame, i had either hospital or jail as favorites.

a447
August 5th, 2013, 15:02
Fame at last for Timmberty!!

Ah, yes. But I beat him to it! :sign5:

I agree with the posters above. It is a fantastic blog, well -written, lots of variety and very informative. I love it!

Manforallseasons
August 5th, 2013, 15:13
Check out the Turtle Ass Awards.

morse
August 5th, 2013, 21:12
Glad to hear all is well with the blog's author. My day is just not the same with out my daily fix of Bangkokbois. You do a great job, and as was noted here in other posts, it is no small feat to produce a well constructed daily blog with photos and links, etc. Thanks for your continuing work!