PDA

View Full Version : Easy posting of Pictures to the forum

bucknaway
August 4th, 2013, 04:16
Has anyone come up with an easy way to post pictures to the forum? A message board here in Delaware supports the ability for members to drag and drop pictures into a dialog window but that does not seem to be supported here. Hey Surfcrest, that would be a great feature to the board (Hint, Hint, Hint).

If anyone knows of a easy way to share 10 to 20 pictures here on the board could you share it with the rest of us?

Smiles
August 4th, 2013, 10:18
Seems pretty easy to me.

Click on 'Post Reply' >>> Choose the photos you want to post (wherever they live on your computer) >>> scroll down to the bottom of the page (a long bloody scroll I must say, with all those smilies taking up so much room) >>> click on 'Upload Attachment' >>> click on 'choose file' >>> double click on your chosen photo(s) >>> click on 'Add the File'.

Add as many files/photos as you wish. You can also write embedded captions for each one.
Not Drag&Drop, but not really rocket science either.

bucknaway
August 4th, 2013, 11:24
I have uploaded pics that way, I am asking for a easier and better way. This board only allows you to find and upload one picture at a time.

1. click on add file to attach picture
2. click on select file
3. find file and select it.
4. Click on Open to confirm selection
5. Click on add file to upload pic file.
(One picture has been uploaded. Now repeat that process 19 more times to get 20 pics uploaded)

Smiles
August 4th, 2013, 13:50
You're just lazy.

bucknaway
August 4th, 2013, 13:57
Yeah, I am. Once I got so use to being able to drag and drop pictures into a post and being able to tell a story with the easy placement of pictures to support it, coming here and having this very old and outdated setup for loading pictures is just no fun at all. I think that is why there are very few pictures and videos in board posts here.

Smiles
August 4th, 2013, 14:06
I just put these in the thread in 20 seconds. Too long?

bucknaway
August 4th, 2013, 14:11
Now if the board had drag & drop function, you could write a page of text and add the pictures in context.

The way it is now, If you have a lot of time..... A lot of time..... you can select one pic at a time and go through the tedious steps of loading them. And once they are loaded, you would have to remember that file# PIC0001 is of the guy you were talking about and file# PIC01001 was of the Temple and that file# PIC10001 was of the Thai dish you had outside of the temple and not many of us have the time or desire to work so hard when it need not be so difficult.

There is a better way and easier way.

jinks
August 4th, 2013, 14:48
add the pictures in context.

Once you have uploaded the picture, put the curser where you want it scroll down and hit "place inline"

In edit mode, xxx.jpg cut and paste this code to where you want it.

Or if not from your computer PHOTOBUCKET%20or%20other%20source cut and paste this code to where you want it.

Yes, I made this avatar, send me an original, and I'll make yours.
[attachment=0:129z1r93]Dante115.jpg[/attachment:129z1r93]

bucknaway
August 4th, 2013, 21:18
This is a sample of "Drag & Drop" Picture posting in a thread. No need to know code or have to go through a 5 step upload for each picture.,
You simply write your post and then drag the picture you want into the thread where you want it.

Below is a copy of a board post I made on a local forum. I shrank the browser view so that I could get a decent amount of the sample when I created the "Snip" file.

Another thing that is useful, if I were to copy a post with pics here and dragged it into a thread there, it would copy the text along with the pictures.

But I will drop the subject,. Seems I am the only one interested in a better way of picture posting on this site.

I also just checked and see that the board with the easy use is powered by vBulletin┬о and this board is on the phpbb platform.
http://youtu.be/5h8JJRH_UgI
[attachment=0:2tiey0qq]Dragndrop.PNG[/attachment:2tiey0qq]

scottish-guy
August 5th, 2013, 15:29
....You can also write embedded captions for each one..

Instructions/Example, please!

Thanks

:hello2:

Smiles
August 5th, 2013, 16:02
....You can also write embedded captions for each one..
Instructions/Example, please!
Aye aye, sir! :salute:

When you scroll down (way down!) to the 'Upload Attachment' button, click on that and up comes the 'Choose File' button. [/*:m:16hx7oet]
Click on that and hunt down your image file. (For simplicity sake, if I want to put a photo in a post I usually move the chosen photo ~ or photos ~ temporarily to my Desktop screen. After they are uploaded you can delete from the Desktop). [/*:m:16hx7oet]
However, before clicking on the 'Add the File' button, look directly below that. You'll see another field box called 'File Content'. [/*:m:16hx7oet]
So before clicking 'Add the File', just write in a description of your photograph or any other type of content in the 'File Content' box. [/*:m:16hx7oet]
After your description is finished, only then click on the 'Add the File' button.[/*:m:16hx7oet]

Voila! A photo-cum-commentary.

[attachment=0:16hx7oet]royal palace.jpg[/attachment:16hx7oet]

PS (1) ... when writing your photo comments I suggest you change to 'CAPS LOCK'. The lower case printing embedded is by unchangeable default and is quite small and easy to miss. Capitalisation really helps. There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of words one can use ~ at least I haven't run into one ~ so longish descriptions can be embedded.

PS (2) ... the field boxes for all this are harder to find because they are way down at the bottom of the page, making a much longer scrolling journey than is necessary. If the Mod or Admin would get rid of 85% of those damn smilies on the right hand side it would be much easier for everyone.
I believe the smilies can be placed in 'hidden' mode ... but still easy to open up for use when one wishes.

scottish-guy
August 5th, 2013, 16:22
Ok, I see what you were referring to with the "captions" feature.

Cheers!

:alc:

bucknaway
August 5th, 2013, 16:36
Yes smiles, I know all that and it's too much work

Smiles
August 5th, 2013, 16:38
Yes smiles, I know all that and it's too much work
I know. But you are long gone in this thread.
I was talking to Scottish Guy ... who doesn't seem to think it's too much work.

bucknaway
August 5th, 2013, 18:54
Oh, okay. Hehe

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2013, 01:15
Well, we'll not even start about how the hell one might upload a youtube video as in theory I can see that that should be simple too i.e. click the upload a youtube video button - until you actually try it and then even though I've sat on many a lazy Sunday trying everything I just gave up in the end :-( And by the way Bucky's idea if it was possible IS a useful one IMHO to save all the phaffing about required - and I also agree with you Smiles re the ridiculous scrolling required to submit ANYTHING, which when using a phone can be a real pain in the ass - and it's not like anyone here every even uses smilies anyway that much ! :-) ( or if they do they certainly don't need to scroll all the way down there to type them)

bucknaway
August 7th, 2013, 01:19
I agree with the HANDSOME and SMART Nirish Guy who seems to be wise beyond his years!

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2013, 01:38
Handsome ?? You must have been talking to all the boys in Pattaya again as everyone of them ASSURED me that I was a handsome man too - AND I had a big cock AND they never been with a guy who made them cum SO good - and that was amazing as some of the ones who were saying all this I hadn't even FUCKED ! lol

Smiles
August 7th, 2013, 02:36
"Well, we'll not even start about how the hell one might upload a youtube video as in theory I can see that that should be simple too i.e. click the upload a youtube video button - until you actually try it and then even though I've sat on many a lazy Sunday trying everything I just gave up in the end ... "
You mean like this:

[youtube:2417qzfa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TCJveaykJg[/youtube:2417qzfa]

I can't believe you are having trouble accomplishing this. If you want to see the easy methodology, click on the 'Quote' button in this post and see how.
PS: More importantly, don't neglect to watch this video either. Hugely evocative of Isaan (Kalasin in this instance). God! I'll be back home in Hua Hin in 3 weeks ... :party

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2013, 03:05
You mean like this:

[youtube:1whk2s40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TCJveaykJg[/youtube:1whk2s40]

I can't believe you are having trouble accomplishing this. If you want to see the easy methodology, click on the 'Quote' button in this post and see how.

Yeah, thanks for that and yeah that is ( I think ) exactly what I has worked out to do and had tried that, but perhaps I hadn't added the complete URL address or something, I'll try again sometime soon. Oh and nice video, I was actually offered the chance to go and marry a semi cute rice farmer and live forever in Kalasin as he believed it would suit me "perfectly" and that he could change my butterfly ways due to Kalasin's laid back ways but needless to say as I didn't share his confidence I politely declined his half serious "marriage" offer :-)

joe552
August 7th, 2013, 04:36
NIrish, I hope you're not trying to post videos of all your conquests just to make us jealous. But if you are, I can't wait to see the Arab guy :laughing3:

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2013, 04:51
Alas there's not a mission of me posting a video of any Arab guys or any other guys it should be said as god knows where an innocently posted video posted here might end up on the net these days and I'd hate to have some cute Thai boy made an unintentional star due to such a posting - especially the ones I gave them my word too that I wouldn't, so I'll just keep those to myself I think :-)

psd1315
August 7th, 2013, 07:25
I have tried at least ten times to post pics on here over the last 6 years, never works for me.