PDA

View Full Version : Agoda's Prices

bucknaway
August 1st, 2013, 06:55
I decided to look up my favorite hotel in Bangkok and went to agoda to check the rate. Well the rate seems to have gone up. I decided to open a different search engine and check agoda again and I got a different price for the same room. I then fired up my laptop and logged on using my work VPN to do a search of Agoda for the same room and got a 3rd different price for the same room on the same days. I then opened chrome on my Ipad to do a 4th search of Agoda and if you guessed I got 4 different prices for the same room you would be right.....

Before I book, I am going to do a little more searching on the web and see what happens.

camperboy
August 1st, 2013, 07:47
Strange I had that too!

But I only checked between iPhone and on my laptop. Price reflected on the iPhone was cheaper!
Mind boggling

latintopxxx
August 1st, 2013, 14:22
gotta do with cookies...and what price levels...or luxury levels you were looking at previously...google...or whatever remembers and adjusts it to meet your expexctations...makes people like a447 feel special....

thrillbill
August 1st, 2013, 19:36
I use Agoda a lot and feel they are usuallywith the most reduced rate. A website that compare prices with the one line booking agents is: www.hotelscombined.com (http://www.hotelscombined.com) Another reason for prices to vary will be the booking of the date which I think everyone knows.

gaymandenmark
August 2nd, 2013, 00:05
Even that you don't believe me, I am with latin on this.
Travelagencies, airlines and hotel-booking sites are well known for using cookies or your IP-adress, when they are pricing.
Try to delete your cookies.

RatThai
August 2nd, 2013, 04:55
Try the search engine DuckDuckGo it does not track you like google and the other engines. Check out it philosophy very sensible.