PDA

View Full Version : Cleanliness

Krazy4thai
July 29th, 2013, 14:42
am often stunned by the slovenly farang who seemingly make no attempt spruce up a bit before hitting the bars in Sunee.We all know that on holiday in warmer climes loose fitting clothes are a preferred mode of dress. Sit in sunee for a while and watch the parade of unattractive "can't be bothered " guys that drift past. A very overweight guy barely containing his gut inside a shirt mostly unbuttoned, and wearing shorts which fit as badly as the shirt, would not be desirable or attractive in our home countries, so why should it be attract a boy here?
Myself I try to make an effort to be spruce before I venture out. I don't wear the same clothes 2 nights in a row, especially tshirts which smell from sweating in the heat here or shorts/jeans which are obviously a daily clothing choice, not washed between times is unacceptable in my book. Are the boys supposed to be delighted to roll in the hay with you? I think not. they talk amongst themselves you know, which is possibly why some of these less than desirable punters can be spotted staring into their beer alone night after night. Personally I wear freshly laundered clothes every night, shave, shower and use deodorants. In my case as a preferred bottom here, I also douche to be clean inside and out. I insist we also shower together before hitting the sheets, fun in itself.. Numerous boys have commented on my cleanliness and their desire to have return visits because of the good impression I create, My fav boy recently declined a 10,000B up front 5 day long term "off" with one of the above mentioned slugs because the farang exhibited the above traits. I noticed the punter had trouble convincing another boy to accept the same offer, although of course eventually it was, reluctantly I assumed ,as the boy's body language clearly indicated he wasn't thrilled with the prospect.

joe552
July 29th, 2013, 16:19
I always make sure I'm wearing clean socks with my sandals.

Couldn't agree more with you, though - the appearance of some farang in Pattaya leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if it's lazy expats? since most tourists would see dressing up for a night out as part of the deal. :dontknow:

scottish-guy
July 29th, 2013, 16:44
I recall (when travelling on Baht buses) the odd passing glimpse of a farang tramp (in the real sense of the word) who frequently wandered about the main road between Sunee and BT - clothes in rags and cock hanging out.

Anybody else see him?

PS I know I'm leaving myself open on this one!! LOL

:party

I always make sure I'm wearing clean socks with my sandals...

And (I sincerely hope) a freshly-laundered knotted hanky on your head?

:party

Nirish guy
July 29th, 2013, 17:03
EXCUSE ME how dare you ! - my clothes were never in rags !!

And joe as I'm assuming that's black socks you were wearing I doubt them bring clean was really necessary, sounds a bit excessive to me.

But staying on track .......yes, some farang - dirty stinking minging fuckers ! I just can't believe what I see sometimes here, I have actually often wondered ex pat or tourist and I hate to say this ex pats but anytime I've checked with the boys they Always Said expat ! And as you say joe in general most holiday makers pack their nice clean clothes before they go so in general will always be nice and fresh - and with laundries being so cheap and easy here there's absolutely NO reason for everyone not to be spic and span at all times.

And you are also right about the boys turning mingers down, I was actually in a bar in Sunee just three nights ago and it happened in front of my very face ( not to me I should add :-) where a minger tried to off a boy I was sitting with and credit to the boy he told the farang in no uncertain way that he wouldn't / couldn't go with him as he wasn't "clean" - I literally cringed with embarrassment for the guy and then I realised he didn't give a shit and slopped off down the soi to try his luck elsewhere - little does he know and as i was told later that "not clean" tag wasn't as I thought about his clothes that night but was a direct passing of info between the boys about his personal hygenine and he not clean bit was about his cock being dirty and him being generally smelly ! And again heat or no heat there's just no reason for that. As an old boss once told me whilst working on a building site and my pointing out his shirt was soaking with sweat " there's nothing wrong with sweat as long as its good clean sweat, it's only a dirty body or dirty clothes is what you worry about son" and he was spot on !

So for all our reputations sakes guys be sure to wash your knob before requesting the pleasure of a nice Thai boy as I'm guessing someone puking in your lap might be a bit of a passion killer - although in hind site some on here might actually see that as an added bonus just ! :-(

Oliver
July 29th, 2013, 17:46
Thais cannot understand how falangs, with all their money (as evidenced by the fact that they can afford to fly to Thailand) can be so slovenly- particularly when clothes are still so cheap.
And as for wearing vests rather than shirts....scrawny necks are almost as disagreeable to see as uncovered floppy bellies. Beach only, please.

A new pair of trousers and a shirt can be bought in Soi Bukhao market for 500 bht. That's little more than two beers in Copa.

timmberty
July 29th, 2013, 17:48
i dont agree with some of what has been said ... i dont believe its just a question of having a wash and all will be well with the world.
i used to have a friend who worked in the oil industry, he had a good job and earnt good money. after his company moved from london to milton keynes he decided not to go with them, he then started on a slippery slope.
from wearing a suite everyday he became a tramp, a tramp with a nice flat and good friends who tried to make him see his mistakes, he also became a bit of an alchy.
far from just changing his clothes and washing, he ended up with serious mental problems and died within 4 or 5 years of losing his job.
so next time you see that dirty old tramp, there could be a lot more going on than him just not bothering to have a wash.

Dodger
July 29th, 2013, 17:57
I can't recall ever seeing any of the expats I know show up on-the-town looking dirty or grungy, conversely, they always appear spruced up - very clean in appearance - wearing freshly pressed clothes.

The guys who I see who look (and smell) like Aqualung are usually those eastern-block Europeans who don't seem to cater to the same hygiene levels as we do in the west...and that's putting it mildly.

The Brits are always impeccable which I contribute to their prim-and-proper cultural upbringings, but their style of dress is typically outdated, and as sparkly clean as they always appear, they still tuck their shirts in their pants and wear nylon dress socks - both of which would be fashion-right if you were attending a formal dinner in London - but not exactly hip on the sois of a tropical beach resort in Thailand.

francois
July 29th, 2013, 19:43
Although, in Pattaya, the range of clothing styles range from the well dressed to the beach wear that does not necessarily mean the most casual dresser is unclean or ungroomed.

In extreme cases the poor chap may well be mentally ill or desperately poor which could explain his appearance.

joe552
July 29th, 2013, 20:55
The OP specifically mentioned hitting the bars in Sunee, so the question was about how to dress for a night out.

arsenal
July 29th, 2013, 21:37
Shorts, T-shirt and sandals the whole time for me thank you very much. Scruffy? If you say so. I've often seen farang sitting in a bar in long jeans, shoes, socks and full shirt tucked in complaining they're hot.

Nirish guy
July 29th, 2013, 22:32
@ arsenal - I don't think there's a thing wrong with shorts tee shirt and sandals as long as everything is clean and presentable and preferably from this decade in terms of fashion least helps ( unlike people wearing World Cup 88 tee shirts or whatever - and before anyone pulls me I have no idea I'd there was a works cup in 1988, I just picked a random year) - likewise of YOU are clean and fresh, with deodorant and maybe sharp haircut and a splash of something smelly on your face then you choice of dress is fine - at the end of the day they could be wearing a ┬г1000 suit but if its dirty and they're wearing wearing like like a sack of shit then THAT'S where it all starts going wrong in my book.

I just find it amazing that we even have to have thus type of a discussion on a GAY board, I know it's stereotyping and things but come on us lovely gay people didn't get our reputation of giving a shit more for no reason you know !!

joe552
July 29th, 2013, 23:05
I too don't have a problem with guys wearing shorts at night - I'm plagued by mossies tho' which is why I wear long cotton trousers with shoes and socks. I usually wear a t-shirt of some description. I think the main point is that you and your clothes are clean and fresh. I've seen guys in the bars who look like they've just come straight from the beach. Not a pretty sight.

timmberty
July 29th, 2013, 23:16
maybe they have just come back from the beach joe .. stopping off for a beer before heading home for a shower and getting ready to go out for the night.

best not get to upset as to how others dress .. if it doesnt affect you then why worry ?
if a boy has a choice of 2 people in the bar ones you in your smart outfit v the scummy guy in the grey vest, whos gonna get picked ... look at it as a positive,

joe552
July 29th, 2013, 23:19
I don't get upset at all. I generally spend very little time watching the other farangs in the bars - the boys get most of my attention. and NIrish loves that grey vest - he's had it for years

francois
July 29th, 2013, 23:56
Shorts, T-shirt and sandals the whole time for me thank you very much. Scruffy? If you say so. .

Scruffy indeed describes the fashion statement of many farang in the Sunee area. Why people prefer that is not for me to judge but, for me, something a bit more elegant is de rigueur
. Besides that , the boyfriend would never let me leave my room dressed like a slob.

Manforallseasons
July 30th, 2013, 00:10
Met a guy from south Thailand today, he spoke perfect English, had hairless light soft mocca skin, manly with a 7in shaved circumcised cock, even before he showered and got fucked he was the cleanest guy I've met in Thailand.

scottish-guy
July 30th, 2013, 00:31
.....from wearing a suite everyday he became a tramp.....

Well, no fucking wonder!

Carrying two armchairs and a settee around every day would tip most people over the edge.

timmberty
July 30th, 2013, 00:33
.....from wearing a suite everyday he became a tramp.....

Well, no fucking wonder!

Carrying two armchairs and a settee around every day would tip most people over the edge.

i was wondering if i spelt that wrong .. no need to wonder anymore.

MiniMee
July 30th, 2013, 01:22
The guys who I see who look (and smell) like Aqualung are usually those eastern-block Europeans.

Well, this is what an Aqualung looks like, but what does it smell like...?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Aqualung_%28PSF%29.png/350px-Aqualung_%28PSF%29.png

The Brits are always impeccable which I contribute to their prim-and-proper cultural upbringings

I think you mean 'attribute'.

Time for a new spell-checker, or more intelligent use of the old one.

gaymandenmark
July 30th, 2013, 01:36
Shorts, T-shirt and sandals the whole time for me thank you very much.

Well, for me it depends on where I am and on what time of the day, if I am in the city center of Bangkok or relaxing in a beach resort.

City-shorts, a plain T-shirt (with no "funny" text) and sandals is working for me in the daytime, both in Pattaya and Bangkok, but in the evening I am changing shorts with some thin jeans, and maybe shoes instead of sandals. It all depends on my destination, like nightclubbing or DJ in Bangkok.

But what I find bad taste is beach-shorts outside the beach. It is also bad style to wear clothes that are made for someone at least half of your body size, with the belly hanging underneath the T-shirt and above the shorts. :pukeright:

About the original topic, body odors and cleanliness, I do really not understand why someone do not take their daily showers, and do not use the laundry offered in every streets, is it that expensive?.

Someone could also use a haircut, and change their style with "downloaded" hair and strange toupees, but now we might be to much OT. :sign5:

BTW francois wrote: "Besides that , the boyfriend would never let me leave my room dressed like a slob".

I totally agree, gents just show yourself to the world, with a littlebit of style, and you will probably get so much back, even and also from moneyboys in Sunee.

colmx
July 30th, 2013, 02:40
Besides that , the boyfriend would never let me leave my room dressed like a slob.
Funnily enough my BF prefers that i wear round neck tshirts in preference to shirts or Polo style shirts when we go out at night
Shirts fine for the cinema or going shopping... but not for bar hopping or clubbing!

gaymandenmark
July 30th, 2013, 02:53
Besides that , the boyfriend would never let me leave my room dressed like a slob.
Funnily enough my BF prefers that i wear round neck tshirts in preference to shirts or Polo style shirts when we go out at night
Shirts fine for the cinema or going shopping... but not for bar hopping or clubbing!

I would just listen to the BF :love4:

But to wear a round neck T-shirt, has nothing to do with being dressed like a slob?
For me it all depends on how you look in that round neck T-shirt.
I don't think I own a Polo style shirt, it has never been my style.

adman5000
July 30th, 2013, 03:51
I always shower before going out in Thailand. In fact, I probably take 3-4 showers a day there. I also automatically take a shower before fun as I know it makes the Thai feel more comfortable. I know some will say it makes no difference to the Thai go-go boy, but I know that it is important to most of them. I also view it as a competitive advantage.
I would not say I dress up too much when going out, but I always wear clean comfortable cotton clothing. I find one of the problems being that visiting a few bars with smokers quickly sticks to me and my clothing anyway and is one of the big reasons I take my shower and ask the friend to as well.
I also usually bring small samples of cologne and have a bit of fun with the guys by letting them choose one of their liking.

joe552
July 30th, 2013, 04:43
I also usually bring small samples of cologne and have a bit of fun with the guys by letting them choose one of their liking.

sorry adman, but I don't know why this paints a picture of you with a small sample case with colognes in, going from bar to bar, tempting the boys with your scents. I know that's not what you meant, but that's what came to mind.

dab69
July 30th, 2013, 05:32
often I will shower and nap after the afternoon beach.
Fresh clothes and downstairs where the polite hotel manager will say
"ahem, (name here), your hair"

Leaving the room, not looking in the mirror.
I have slept on wet hair, having a truly wild case of bed-hair.
I thank him and return upstairs to comb and restrain the wild hairs.

I do the same thing at home looking in the car mirror upon leaving.

Couple times I know I am pushing the limits of fashion
returning from the beach in shorts and leather street shoes.
I feel rather German in doing this (street shoes and shorts).

bucknaway
July 30th, 2013, 06:26
On one trip, to get the mamasan's to leave me alone; when they pushed me to off a guy, I would tell them "No good, I dirty." They would just say, "Oh.... Dirty, oh......" and they would leave me alone. :bis:

adman5000
July 30th, 2013, 08:33
Haha Joe, No I don't do it in the bars, only with the boys I off and not every visit. I try to take different things every time.

arsenal
July 30th, 2013, 10:09
Anybody who doesn't shower before sex is a pig, Thai or farang.

And Nish. There wasn't a World Cup in 1988, There was a European Championship. I am your come to man for all things football related. :ura1:

PeterUK
July 30th, 2013, 10:20
Scrubbed, primped, cologned, immaculately clad the fashionable gay sex tourist may be, but a problem remains, doesn't it? I refer of course to the breaking of wind. How often does a nasty whiff from the nether quarters ruin the illusion of perfect cleanliness that we are seeking to project. Well, worry about it no longer, there is an answer. I find that a quick daily dab of essence of attar around the sphincter makes all one's farts smell of roses. Try it, you'll thank me.

francois
July 30th, 2013, 12:02
I don't think I own a Polo style shirt, it has never been my style.

For me, I am a Polo Queen! I purchase them at the finest boutiques (Salvation Army) and they are my signature accoutrement besides that absurd beret.

scottish-guy
July 30th, 2013, 15:18
...I am a Polo Queen! ...They are my signature accoutrement besides that..beret.

[attachment=0:1x6cks8r]sgtf.jpg[/attachment:1x6cks8r]

christianpfc
August 9th, 2013, 20:13
...although in hind site some on here...
hindsight?

I shower, use mouthwash and put on a fresh T-shirt and underwear before I go out. I wear the same shorts for some days and use the T-shirt for the following day.

I usually shower before sex. I leave it to my Thai friends to decide whether they want to shower or not. I like warm and dry skin, after showering their skin might be cold (if only cold water is available) and I have to blot them dry. I had some not so nice experiences with boys who did not shower and whose skin was slightly wet sweaty.

jinks
August 9th, 2013, 21:59
Try being environmentally friendly, and shower with a friend, this saves water and you both know that the other is clean (in those important places)