PDA

View Full Version : delete or make this forum private.

timmberty
July 26th, 2013, 01:24
it seems the flamming room is only for the mods to post in.

maybe get rid of the whole thing or hide it all away so only the mods can view it.

seems a bit pointless having a forum which is there to express ones displeasure, if those posts are going to keep on being deleted.

i know the rules of having to explaine why posts are either edited or deleted these days is long gone, so i wont be expecting one. never mind huh ...

i just wonder is the board being wound down ?

jinks
July 26th, 2013, 01:40
No more to wonder about - it's no longer being wound up.

Zebedee
July 26th, 2013, 12:34
What the flamin hell is goin on in the flaming room? NewAlaan and Timmy are right , all these deletions and editing out postings is ridiculous.
NEW RULE: NO FLAMING IN THE FLAMING ROOM!!

timmberty
July 26th, 2013, 16:26
good idea zebadee , correct me if im wrong, but the original idea of the flamming room was to put in posts from other forums that has spilled a little out of control ?
then after a short while one of our lord and masters decieded to use it as a room for attack/defending from elsewhere.
despite many members telling him it was boring and pointless this went on for 2 months +. now it seems he is as bored as the rest of us with the arguments from afar. nobody else can mention it either!!!!
do as i do not as i say, or the other way around, i cant work it out.

Surfcrest
July 26th, 2013, 16:52
No....not so.

The Flaming Room is here to contain the flames from this board.....not another.

Remember, he doesn't moderate a thing, so if you want to scrap it out with him personally...he's over there twiddling his thumbs...waiting for you.

Good luck with that!

Surfcrest

newalaan2
July 26th, 2013, 17:04
I'll try posting this a second time as it 'disappeared' during my attempts to post it first time.

A quick look on 'The Board you are not permitted to mention' (unless a favoured member or mod/owner) has exposed the absurdity of the new situation.

"THE FLAMING ROOM ....a place for Bad attitude, Bar fights, Flame Wars....our PBB/TBB"

It's in the description of Flaming Room but mention it by name in a post and it is subject to deletion and censorship. Is there a "shake your head in disbelief" emotion?

timmberty
July 26th, 2013, 17:05
No....not so.

The Flaming Room is here to contain the flames from this board.....not another.

Remember, he doesn't moderate a thing, so if you want to scrap it out with him personally...he's over there twiddling his thumbs...waiting for you.

Good luck with that!

Surfcrest

your no no .. not so, is infact a yes yes indeed so ... i asked "correct me if im wrong, but the original idea of the flamming room was to put in posts from other forums that has spilled a little out of control"

so if you had taken your own advice we wouldnt have just had 3 months of verbal fighting from afar.

but please i think all that is being asked for is a bit of common decency and respect for the members who have posted on here on subjects you started to let those posts hang around. or like i said just do away with the forum.

Zebedee
July 26th, 2013, 17:20
Guys there is NO misunderstanding as to what the flaming room was introduced for! None whatsoever!
What has just happened is posts have been deleted/ modified/ locked arbitrarily ,which is pretty much the norm here!

Khor tose
July 27th, 2013, 00:18
Zebedee, Timmberty, New Alaan2 please quit wasting your time. This new owner has the same regard for input that the last owner had. Up to now I never knew Paranoia was contagious, but surf acts just as silly as Neal. In the meantime Smiles, who has always screamed about any censorship, is completely silent. I guess his stint on gaybutton Thai finally gelded him.

Surfcrest
July 27th, 2013, 00:42
"THE FLAMING ROOM ....a place for Bad attitude, Bar fights, Flame Wars....our PBB/TBB"

Corrected

your no no .. not so, is infact a yes yes indeed so ... i asked "correct me if im wrong, but the original idea of the flamming room was to put in posts from other forums that has spilled a little out of control"
but please i think all that is being asked for is a bit of common decency and respect for the members who have posted on here on subjects you started to let those posts hang around. or like i said just do away with the forum.
Okay, then you are wrong. I created the Flaming Room....and it was to keep the flames away from our other Forums, Gay Thailand, Gay SE Asia, Gay Romeo, Global Forum, Open Discussion and Posting Guidelines and Discussion....not to fan another Board's flames.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post276669.html?hilit=Flaming%20Room#p276669

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post276226.html?hilit=Flaming%20Room#p276226

You can burst into flames in the Flaming Room for all IтАЩm concerned. But we will not be giving air play to him or that here any longer.

If you have a problem with another Board.....that's your concern, go deal with it there....not here. There's a board out there already set up just for that.

This is the strategy; there is a purpose behind it for the better of the board. Moving the threads back to the Flaming Room that have been put aside, for the time being, may be considered. We wonтАЩt though, go back to promoting that and giving him a voice hereтАж..be that through me or you.

Surfcrest

timmberty
July 27th, 2013, 00:53
ok lets try again ... 3rd time lucky!!!! so when i say the idea of the flamming room was to move fights from other forums into here, what i meant was the flamming room was made to move fights from other forums into here.

other forums are in the forum index. i think khor tose might be right .... at no time in my mention of other forums did i mention other boards. you need to get over your love of those who can not be mentioned surf ..
i have spent weeks telling you to let it go... you now telling me to let it go seems a bit hypicritial.
even more so as i didnt even mention it ...

Surfcrest
July 27th, 2013, 02:24
other forums are in the forum index. i think khor tose might be right .... at no time in my mention of other forums did i mention other boards. you need to get over your love of those who can not be mentioned surf ..

The only threads that were moved or locked were about him and that.

I have no idea what you are trying to get at. You want to call me a hypocrite or any other name....be my guest!

You just might feel more at home doing that where it is already happening...rather than here.

Surfcrest

timmberty
July 27th, 2013, 04:16
i shall make this my last post on the subject, you have given publicity to the board we can not mention more than anyone else over the last 3 months, dispite several members here asking you to give it a rest, and to stop mentioning it, you carried it on and on and on and on ..........
now you are finally bored with it, no one else is allowed to mention it ... you dont see a problem with that ??

Zebedee
July 27th, 2013, 07:17
Timmy ,and any others interested , Khor Tose has pretty much summed it up! We're dealing with " closed minds", SC and Jinks simply don't give a shit, what any poster thinks or says, they will do whatever they please ,depending on how they feel at any particular time, and stuff the punters!
The silly idea that anything can be discussed reasonably and logically ,is just wishful thinking ! The reality is SC is just Neal mark II,!

MiniMee
July 27th, 2013, 14:41
The silly idea that anything can be discussed reasonably and logically ,is just wishful thinking ! The reality is SC is just Neal mark II,!

Yes, and look how all those long standing members who returned to the board after Neal's departure have now turned their backs and walked away again, as if avoiding a fresh dog turd.

Good work Surfcrest and jinks.

Surfcrest
July 27th, 2013, 16:07
i shall make this my last post on the subject, you have given publicity to the board we can not mention more than anyone else over the last 3 months, dispite several members here asking you to give it a restand to stop mentioning, it, you carried it on and on and on and on ..........
now you are finally bored with it, no one else is allowed to mention it ... you dont see a problem with that ??

Once again Timmberty you are suggesting that I be moderated, but you are allowed to post what you want?

I honestly have no idea the point you guys are trying to make....which undoubtedly is why we are chasing our tails here.

Why don't you specifically list your grievances and what you expect to see as resolution.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
July 27th, 2013, 18:43
Surfcrest, let me try to clarify what (I think!) the guys are objecting to:

The "Flaming Forum" (FF) was originally set up to contain topics from this board which either started out as or ended up as spats/squabbles/flames. That is my clear recollection.

However, the FF soon became a repository for rebuttals to deliberately and extremely contentious topics being published on another board - many/most of those rebuttal topics started by yourself (quite understandably - in view of what was being published elsewhere).

Other posters then responded to those topics (including all of the posters who are complaining in this thread) either to draw attention to the topics/content on the other board, or to condemn it.

Many/Most/Almost all posted in support of YOU (and I recall Zebedee valiantly posted in support of some shit being thrown my way). Certainly, some advised you to drop the matter (whatever their motivation) - but none posted in support of the other board. Again, my clear recollection.

The management of this board then decided (arbitrarily and unilaterally) to change direction on these issues.
One of the new tactics was to prohibit mention of the other board and the personality who seems to control it. Undoubtedly, it is your right to do this. However, what has upset some members is the arbitrary way this was implemented and the retrospective deletion/hibernation of posts they had made in good faith. What some probably find most annoying is that their posts were to topics predominantly started by yourself, were overwhelmingly in support of yourself, and yet it is now yourself who has deleted/hibernated those posts and prohibited any further mention.

There has been a complete lack of clarity as to why the policy suddenly changed - jinks' responses have been quips rather than anything illuminating and your own responses have not (as yet) provided any clear explanation of the change of direction (ie - a total u-turn). If you were just to say that the missiles being launched in either direction were cancelling each other out, prolonging the war, and that you honestly believe peace might break out if SGT unilaterally ceases hostilities - then I think most if not all would accept that and maybe even welcome it (but I may be wrong).

Now, I personally do not seek to be critical and I don't give a shit that my posts were among those which were deleted/hibernated. Also, I am not seeking to speak for anybody else - just articulating my sense of what others are saying, and pointing out what I think has pissed some people off. I sense that the lack of communication and explanation is irritating people as much as the deleted/hibernated posts and the fact that a facility you yourself generously used to respond to the "missile attacks" is now denied to others.

I believe you retain an enormous amount of goodwill (and deserve to do so) - but it has to be returned by being as open and frank and understanding with the members as you are able to be, not by suggesting they move elsewhere if they wish to continue to comment on the hostilities I assume are continuing to emanate from the other side (I have given up visiting it).

:hello2:

Surfcrest
August 4th, 2013, 01:48
Surfcrest, let me try to clarify what (I think!) the guys are objecting to:

The "Flaming Forum" (FF) was originally set up to contain topics from this board which either started out as or ended up as spats/squabbles/flames. That is my clear recollection.
However, the FF soon became a repository for rebuttals to deliberately and extremely contentious topics being published on another board - many/most of those rebuttal topics started by yourself (quite understandably - in view of what was being published elsewhere).

Other posters then responded to those topics (including all of the posters who are complaining in this thread) either to draw attention to the topics/content on the other board, or to condemn it.
IтАЩm not sure I agree with that and I refer back to what I asked Timmberty, why should I be moderated on my own board while anyone else expects the freedom to post whatever they want?

The Flaming Room was always the Flaming RoomтАж.and just because it became dominated by my assertions about the PBB and the fucking idiot Neal, in his many apparitionsтАж.this never changed that. Yes, other members got involved in the battle, whether that was in support of the blows I was laying on to this stupid fuck, or in telling me to lay offтАж..whatever. The reality was that this was a battle I was fighting with himтАж.and only himтАж.way over here and out of the way of the main ForumsтАжand so otherтАЩs input or involvement was both unnecessary and irrelevant to the punches he was getting from me.

Once it was established for a fact that that cunt owns both the CGT and the PBB, the battle here on the board was done. I had amassed enough information to carry on this discussion elsewhere and to deal with this through other means.

There has been a strategy behind this past week, a need to take this board farther away from that. Clearly, now that he has committed the big sin and has the taste of blood (or more likely shit) on his lips, he dares to post more personal information publically on his board about those of us in the community. How far will he go?

WouldnтАЩt us ignoring him here, not take whatever leverage he thinks he has over us allтАж..with whatever names and identities he has still in his pocket? It really doesnтАЩt matter how far he goes over there if no one reads it. How many weeks would it take anyone to notice if he did the same thing over on the CGT? The only reason he has any audience now with all this shit is because there are a few stupid people out there that still canтАЩt see it for what it is. Do you really think the biggest liar there ever was is going to start telling the truth now?

The management of this board then decided (arbitrarily and unilaterally) to change direction on these issues.
One of the new tactics was to prohibit mention of the other board and the personality who seems to control it. Undoubtedly, it is your right to do this. However, what has upset some members is the arbitrary way this was implemented and the retrospective deletion/hibernation of posts they had made in good faith. What some probably find most annoying is that their posts were to topics predominantly started by yourself, were overwhelmingly in support of yourself, and yet it is now yourself who has deleted/hibernated those posts and prohibited any further mention.

There has been a complete lack of clarity as to why the policy suddenly changed - jinks' responses have been quips rather than anything illuminating and your own responses have not (as yet) provided any clear explanation of the change of direction (ie - a total u-turn). If you were just to say that the missiles being launched in either direction were cancelling each other out, prolonging the war, and that you honestly believe peace might break out if SGT unilaterally ceases hostilities - then I think most if not all would accept that and maybe even welcome it (but I may be wrong).
I think there was an immediate need for us to distance ourselves from that and where that online battle was going. IтАЩd like to think the majority of the membership has been smart enough to see the necessity for that, especially nowтАжa week later in retrospect. And while we kept silent, the fists continued swinging from that side as they probably still do up to today. I donтАЩt know and I donтАЩt care because I know itтАЩs just him in his many, many identities and the few stupid people left that think there really is a Santa Claus and a real BQ out thereтАж..somewhere.

Being a shade shy of completely retarded, Neal was not able to fight this battle with words or proof that anything he said / says is any more reading worthy than a lieтАж.or worse yet, a slanderous lie. He is a proven compulsive liar and I cannot believe there is a single soul left in the entire community that canтАЩt see that. The only think Neal has left, is to become the ultimate trollтАж.making up shit just to get a reaction. What a sad way to spend the last of his daysтАж.and to be remembered by.

It will continue to be our direction to limit the amount of exposure we give to the PBB and Neal and it is my intention to modify the Posting Rules, Guidelines and Discussion to reflect this by not allowing any links to that site from here.

Where we go further from here with this issue and the strategy we have adopted this past week will depend on what the membership wants and, as importantly, what is best for the membership.

Is the membership happy with the direction we have taken this past week?

Or is there a desire to go back to the battle?

Everything тАЬNealтАЭ has not been deleted. Quite a bit of it was worthless junk, copy and paste crap that he posted after driving so much of the membership away. ThereтАЩs a full gambit of everything else, including ever idiotic thing he has ever said or done. We have been asked by enough members to keep it, as a legacy and a filthy example of our worst member (let alone former owner) ever. Whether we open that up to be viewed or posted to, ever again, will depend on what the membership wants.

Do you want it all put back to where it once belonged, to be buried by time?

Do you want each of these posts to be locked?

Do you want all the posts kept in the stand alone forum hidden from view?

Or in a glass case viewable, but untouchable?

There will be times, as it has happened many times in the past where forum battles get out of control. I can think of many over the years, from the Hydra Wars, the battle between Hedda and The Colonel The Colonel and Boygeenyus, the Gone Fishing days, Beachlover (deserves an honorable mention)тАжтАжthat required a fire extinguisher approach with moderation to control the flames. This isnтАЩt a new approach. While any Board owner would want to encourage engagement and discussion on his Board, there will always be a limit as to how far we can allow that to goтАж.how high the flames can be let to burn. I can think of no discussion apart from this battle with Neal, that has been allowed to go this farтАж.where the line in the sand we all know and respect has been wilfully crossed by this crazy man.

Whether you think that is my fault for carrying it along, for so longтАжor not. Whether it was my battle or collectively the membershipтАЩsтАжit needed to be extinguished.

I donтАЩt want Sawatdee to be a heavily moderated Board. I want members to enjoy the freedom to post what they want about whatever they want without any thought to having their posts edited or deleted. I believe we have only few rules to abide by and that these few rules make complete sense from a liability perspective, my liability. If anyone is unable to abide by these, then they are free to go where they think they may have more liberties.

Now, I personally do not seek to be critical and I don't give a shit that my posts were among those which were deleted/hibernated. Also, I am not seeking to speak for anybody else - just articulating my sense of what others are saying, and pointing out what I think has pissed some people off. I sense that the lack of communication and explanation is irritating people as much as the deleted/hibernated posts and the fact that a facility you yourself generously used to respond to the "missile attacks" is now denied to others.

I hope no one feels apprehensive about suggesting criticism to me. If someone has something on their mindтАж..so long as itтАЩs laid out for jinks or I to respond to, rather than jammed in my faceтАж.as a few members insist on doing, it will get a sensible response. I am only saying this to you Scotty, for the benefit of those you are clarifying this to me for.

I appreciate that these drastic measures no doubt pissed a lot of members off. I know that as a member, whether I was quasi involved in the battle or just a wall flowerтАж.IтАЩd be upset with the direction the Board had to take too. But when you stand back and assess where the PBB / TBB is today, vs a week agoтАжseeing Neal in his many, many PBB identities (some hijacked from previous members he kicked off) and the few idiots still over there believing the BQ is realтАж.clearly the threat has been minimalized and that was the whole point.

I believe you retain an enormous amount of goodwill (and deserve to do so) - but it has to be returned by being as open and frank and understanding with the members as you are able to be, not by suggesting they move elsewhere if they wish to continue to comment on the hostilities I assume are continuing to emanate from the other side (I have given up visiting it).

I am pleased to see the other Forums relatively unaffected by all of this and so when you look at this, in the perspective of what this Board is here for and what this is really all about, that whole PBB discussion is irrelevant. The same with my battles with Neal and I can only apologize to all of you that either didnтАЩt want to be exposed to all of that or who object to it being censored to an extent. IтАЩll try not to drag that onward from here on, mostly because all that was needed to be said has already been said.

A member has invested a great deal of time into amending our current Rules and Guidelines for us and so I will amend a few moving forward from the learning lessons of this experience. IтАЩll announce when they are re-posted and what specific Rules were amended to clarify the single new limitation to our current rules. IтАЩll identify any changes I make.

Effective immediately, members will need to be logged on as a member to visit or view the Flaming Room.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
August 4th, 2013, 07:39
I am certainly not suggesting that you should be "moderated on your own board" and I honestly don't think I said or even suggested that in my post. You can do what you like on your own board and I have made that point to you publicly and privately.

What I was saying was that you had previously given yourself free rein to respond via SGT on your dispute with you-know-who - but others have now been moderated/advised to shut up and have no avenue for addressing some very serious allegations made there. You must surely see why that makes some people unhappy? Personally, I couldn't care less - I'm only articulating what I suspect others may be thinking.

Surfcrest
August 4th, 2013, 08:44
I am certainly not suggesting that you should be "moderated on your own board" and I honestly don't think I said or even suggested that in my post. You can do what you like on your own board and I have made that point to you publicly and privately.

You are right and again. I was speaking more to the people you are clarifying this with me for.
You have been very supportive through all of this from start to finish.

What I was saying was that you had previously given yourself free rein to respond via SGT on your dispute with you-know-who - but others have now been moderated/advised to shut up and have no avenue for addressing some very serious allegations made there. You must surely see why that makes some people unhappy? Personally, I couldn't care less - I'm only articulating what I suspect others may be thinking.
Who has been moderated? Who advised who to shut up?

The only thing we have done is to put the extinguisher on the topic and since I am supposed to be the one with the free rein, the one most active on this topicтАж.shouldnтАЩt this be something that more so affects me?

What am I missing here Scotty?

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
August 4th, 2013, 12:58
...Who has been moderated? Who advised who to shut up?...

By virtue of the fact that any mention of a certain board/person is now verboten, haven't we all effectively been moderated and told to shut up (including yourself) :dontknow:

Anyway, who cares - I was merely trying to illuminate the argument, not carry it forward.

Surfcrest
August 4th, 2013, 15:58
No, the new rule will be no links to the TBB.

I'm not looking to expand it or add any more rules beyond that.

Surfcrest