PDA

View Full Version : Is there money to be made in sunnee

vnman
July 24th, 2013, 13:43
I would really like to know how the majority of this board thinks about this subject. We already know that this is a delicate subject for some people on this board and also that there are some who have hated the SP for years. Please feel free to expand on your choice but let's not get involved in discussions but only opinions.

If there are people who are not happy with the options, please send me a pm and I can add an answer I might have forgotten.

RichLB
July 24th, 2013, 14:33
I voted no for all the above 3 reasons. But, I suppose it depends on what level of money someone is hoping to make. I think, obviously, it's possible for someone to more than break even in Sunee, but not much more than that. If you also add in the time required to manage and oversee any operation there, that business better be a hobby business and not a money making investment - you'd be working for pennies per hour.

jinks
July 24th, 2013, 15:19
It's that Thai proverb :-

How do you make a small fortune in Business in Thailand........ Start with a large one.

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2013, 16:01
If you're asking a serious question and expecting sensible replies obviously it is impossible for ANY of us to answer that question without being party to and aware of all and any costs and exoected income associated with running a bar - go go or otherwise in Sunee surely, then we could make an informed guess at least.

latintopxxx
July 24th, 2013, 17:29
ooops...had several windows open...above was meant for another posting....what I meant to reply here...was that the dream boy/best boys bangkok enterprise needs 2,5million/month to cover costs....with beers at bht380 each you still need quite a few to cover these costs...thats over 200 beers/day.....I know lotsa boys get offed there...they do have a good stable....over 70 boys....but 2,5 million is still lotsa dough!!!

bucknaway
July 25th, 2013, 00:27
Someone who runs a bar has to be making money or why do it?

newyorkgeorge
July 25th, 2013, 02:22
ooops...had several windows open...above was meant for another posting....what I meant to reply here...was that the dream boy/best boys bangkok enterprise needs 2,5million/month to cover costs....with beers at bht380 each you still need quite a few to cover these costs...thats over 200 beers/day.....I know lotsa boys get offed there...they do have a good stable....over 70 boys....but 2,5 million is still lotsa dough!!!
And quite how do you equate these figures @ 83,000 baht a day?

latintopxxx
July 25th, 2013, 03:26
.....apologies but dont understand the question????? BTW...I have no way of verifying this information, based on a casual conversation...nothing more...cost of beers is real...because thats what I paid a week ago....boys I counted...over 70....actual running costs of 2,5 million...that was based on a conversation.

bucknaway
July 25th, 2013, 04:06
One thing is for sure, those who are making money have tight lips.
Those who are not making money, dare others to open a bar and suffer as they are.
Is there money to be made in Sunee?
If the location is right, the venue suites the premises, prices are fair and you have what the customers desire..... Yes, there is money to be made.

TravellerDave
July 25th, 2013, 04:11
I think that it would be a big advantage to have some experience of the bar trade back home. Quite a few years ago I worked in my uncles pub during college vacations and remember the daily challenges he faced making a living, such as keeping customers happy, preventing staff theft and relations with the police. Skills equally applicable in Pattaya ?.

bucknaway
July 25th, 2013, 04:19
One thing a lot of the bars forget about is Advertising. Handouts, special events, Parties, theme nights..... Getting the word out goes a long way.

Even Happy Place, tried different things and if it didn't work, it stopped and if it worked was kept and built on it which made Happy Place a must to visit bar.

netrix
July 26th, 2013, 03:04
I have no way of verifying this information, based on a casual conversation...nothing more...cost of beers is real...because thats what I paid a week ago....boys I counted...over 70....actual running costs of 2,5 million...that was based on a conversation.

two and a half million baht a month? over $80,000 USD monthly to cover costs? come on...
i have friends in san diego, california who own big gay dance clubs, one of them with a restaurant,
and neither of them has costs that high. not even close.

arsenal
July 26th, 2013, 08:28
There is tons of money to be made in Sunnee. And nearly all of it is being made by Madam Sunnee.

July 26th, 2013, 17:10
Pattaya's Finest are raking it in.

Manforallseasons
July 27th, 2013, 03:26
Living here for 10 years I can say with certainty that the sixth choice is the only valid one.

Neo
July 28th, 2013, 05:36
Yes, as long as your Handsome, friendly and perform.

Dboy
July 29th, 2013, 01:25
I voted yes...here's how you do it. Get a 3 year lease on a shophouse. Paint everything black. Buy old furniture from a place that used to do ping pong shows. Buy a used disco ball from Wat Chai market and install ball somewhere in room. Sell shophouse to an alcoholic from Britain for 2M baht.

vnman
August 3rd, 2013, 12:17
Some of your answers really cracked me up: if you're madam Sunnee - if your young, cute, and can perform LOL

I don't really think you need to know the ins and outs of the trade. When I see so many people failing and trying to sell sell sell, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence. And having a good concept...what is a good concept with the people willing to spent some money. He, I was asking for opinions and not for economical reports so thanks for this. It's good to see that some of you still have faith in Sunnee and I'm looking forward to visiting your future venue :party

August 3rd, 2013, 14:43
If your a policeman.

latintopxxx
August 3rd, 2013, 14:47
...depends on what u rate as money.....some of the bar owners have basically bought themselves a job.....or run it as a semi-retirement hobby...