PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai - G-Star

gaymandenmark
July 22nd, 2013, 00:03
Some one mentioned G-Star Vintage in the other thread about the Lotus Hotel in Chiang Mai.

I was there in May, but had untill now forgotten the name of the venue.

It is a great place to hang out if you are with Thai friends. A typical thai place, where you stand around a table, and share one or two bottles of whiskey.

They have a great show, and some very nice, sexy and handsome coyote dancers.

It was packed with Thais, some of them gave rather big tips and strong alcohol shots to all of the dancers, when I was there in a group of 4, and I did only see one other farang.

If you dare to try something different, give it a try.

Yes the gay scene in Chiang Mai is changing, and I think for the better.
When you get used to it, and the new layout, Gay Chiang Mai still has a lot to offer.

G-Star does not have a homepage, but something on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/GStarVintage

Manforallseasons
July 22nd, 2013, 02:06
I would agree that Chiang Mai's gay scene has changed but I don't agree for the better. The original Adam's Apple was in my opinion Thailand's all time best go go bar, and sleaze ally has been reduced to 2 bars, Freeguy is still worh a visit but Circle and Myway have lost their gleam.

gaymandenmark
July 22nd, 2013, 02:48
MFAS, I think you are looking back and not forward, but at the end it is all about what we are looking for.

Most, if not all, of the venues you are mentioning were/are catering for the sextourist.

I really liked and miss the atmosphere of the MTV and Friendship bars, close to the sleaze ally, but it is all history, long time ago the area started to decline.

And yes, I think it is for the better, that the sleaze ally, with underage boys on yabba, in the middle of the night, fighting, is almost nothing today. It ended up as a place AYOR.

lukylok
July 24th, 2013, 11:22
G-Star is indeed a very nice place. Opens late between 12.00 and 1 AM.
But you have to go with a party of friends to really enjoy it. The show is good and can be some nights hot.
As everywhere one evening is not the other.
I agree on the evolution of CU and Secret Bars. Both are now very nice places, where a good drink and good fun can be found without any feeling of AYOR.