PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

January 12th, 2006, 13:59
The Balcony,Telephone Pub,Lumpini Park,Bang Kwang Central Prison,

Forensics Museum, Katoey World Bar Nana Plaza, Kangaroo BJ bAR,Patpong.

January 12th, 2006, 14:34
Sukhumvit Soi 4 is not the most gay-friendly area in town. Any reason you chose to stay there, among all the breeder sex tourists?

January 12th, 2006, 15:07
Take him to MBK--Sky bridges connecting store\other malls and overhead walkways, more shopping than you can do in a day, restaurants (Some are even good. Try the Asian cook-to-order place where you pick what you want & they cook it. Don't know the floor but you'll know it when you see it.) and movies: to rest your feet. (Check movie schedule 1st thing after you arrive.) Taxi there & return via Skytrain. (Check on-line maps re how to get closest to your hotel.)

Night: DJ Station? Or just 'window shop' on Soi Twilight--Maybe, from Dick's Caf├й.

Silom Village (Big restaurant on the main floor.): a few streets (4 or 5?) south and opposite side of Silom from the Tower Inn. I know there are many better restaurants but it's pretty good, not intimidating, and boys seem to enjoy it and like having a photo taken there, to send home.

Dodger
January 12th, 2006, 16:01
John,

If you want some great live music (mostly Thai Pop & R & B) Dance Fever Disco is a blast. It's located along Ratchadaphisek Road next to Hollywood Disco.

For the best live Rock n' Roll my favorite is the Hard Rock Cafe -located in the Siam Square & soi 11. A magnet for the best Asian rock bands (mostly Thai). The last time I partied there they had a boy band from Taiwan that blew the walls down. 90% str8 but nobody gives a dam.

There's also Paradise Disco (formerly Rainbow 2000)
Sukhumvit Soi 4 - next to Rajah Hotel which is small but rocks. Mostly straight but gay friendly.

If you haven't been to the Khao San Road Street Market you really should check it out. About a 30 minute cab ride from where you're staying but worth the trip. They have the best prices in BKK for just about anything you could imagine...and plenty of blond haired Australian eye candy.

If you're in the mood to splurge a little on a special dinner out with boy special...you'll be within walking distance to the White Elephant Thai Restaurant...touted as possibly the best restaurant in Thailand. Located on the second floor of the JW Marriott - Sukumvit soi 1.

Have a great time...

January 12th, 2006, 16:14
Some other (cheaper) Thai restaurants to consider within walking distance of Soi 4 are Rosabieng on Sukhumvit 11, and Cabbages and Condoms on Soi 12. I much prefer the former to the latter. There's also a good Thai restaurant on Soi 8, though the name escapes me at the moment. It is just past Stable Lodge on the same side. Not the girlie bar directly past Stable Lodge, but one past that. It was a Sri Lankan restaurant for a while.

Also on Sukhumvit 11, I'd highly recommend a dinner at Bed Supperclub -- a unique experience that will cost you just under 1,000 baht per head for their three-course fixed menu (with several choices in each course). I doubt either you or your boy have ever seen a place quite like it, and the food can be excellent (take your passport, because they check the ID of all who enter). And be sure to book in advance, as they are often full.

DJB0Y-old
January 12th, 2006, 16:24
My suggestions are:

Babylon Sauna (Nice place to relax)

Cafe Four in Silom soi 4

DJ Station (you might want to see the renovations)

After hours bars in Soi 6 (if you want to go extra late)

Just One Restaurant (next to Malaysia Hotel)

Anna's Cafe (Saladeang)

A Boat ride on the River (maybe with dinner too)

Oh..and I forgot...Central Chitlom's Food Loft is a great place to eat.

Chatujak on the weekend is amazing shopping.

Lumphini Night Bazaar is also great.

I'd pass on Siam Paragon....totally over-rated.

:)

January 12th, 2006, 16:25
...you'll be within walking distance to the White Elephant Thai Restaurant...touted as possibly the best restaurant in Thailand. Located on the second floor of the JW Marriott - Sukumvit soi 1...

John,

I live a 10 minute walk down Sukhumvit Road from soi 4 and can also recommend the White Elephant Restaurant, but it is rather expensive.

As others have mentioned, most of the gay nightlife/bars/resaurants are in the lower Silom area... a short BTS or MRT ride away. Nearly every Friday evening finds me having a cool drink somewhere between Sukhumvit Soi 4 and Soi 13, but seldom do I see a gay couple. This said, there are all sorts of things to do and see in Bangkok; it all depends on what you really want to do with your time here. I find most of the Bangkok bars to be of lesser quality than Pattaya's, but outside of the typical tourism niches, there is a huge nigthlife realm to explore here. I often enjoy the large 'live music bars' which are scattered all across the city (Ratchadaphisek, Siam Square, Sukhumvit, etc).

HAve fun!

January 13th, 2006, 07:49
Also on Sukhumvit 11, I'd highly recommend a dinner at Bed Supperclub -- a unique experience that will cost you just under 1,000 baht per head for their three-course fixed menu (with several choices in each course). I doubt either you or your boy have ever seen a place quite like it, and the food can be excellent (take your passport, because they check the ID of all who enter). And be sure to book in advance, as they are often full.

Why do they have to check your ID ? It's more than just a restaurant ?

January 13th, 2006, 08:06
I agree with Edith. MBK and the surrounding area of Siam Center/Siam Square have a lot of things to see and do, and all kinds of restaurants. If you are interested, the Jim Thompson House is only a couple of blocks away. You can also catch a water taxi by going down Soi Kasemsan 1 and following the soi to the left. The SkyTrain http://www.bangkok-city.com/skytrain.htm has a stop at Nana and at MBK/National Stadium and at Sala daeng for the Silom/Patpong area. Also, for future visits, several smaller hotels/guest houses and restaurants along Soi Kasemsan 1 may be worth checking out.

Sen Yai
January 13th, 2006, 09:55

Why do they have to check your ID ? It's more than just a restaurant ?

Yes, it's a bar and nightclub/disco too.

John, I also recommend a stroll along the skywalk - all the way from MBK to Central Chitlom without your feet touching the ground, stopping off at Siam Discovery, Siam Centre, Paragon, Zen, Gaysorn and Erawan, to name a few, along the way. Thousands of square metres of quality retail and it's much cooler walking above street level between each mall.

I will also be in Bangkok this weekend - I'll say Hi if I see you in DJ!

Smiles
January 13th, 2006, 10:49
Only a weekend eh?

3 things ....

Go for a walk (take a picnic lunch) in one of the most beautiful parks in Bangkok, Queen Sirikit Park. In the middle of this special place you'd never know your in the middle of a dirty, smoggy, noisy city of 12 mill. (Get on the Sky Train at Nana or Asoke Station and ride as far as you can go ... Mochit Station. The park is not far from there ... just ask).

Go to the best mall . . . The Emporium not far from Nana. Take the Skytrain the other way from above and get off at Phrom Phong Station. You can walk staight into the mall from there. Buy your guy some stuff from each of Prada, Armani, Louis Vuitton, Fendi stores etc etc etc ... or ... just walk around and sniff in the money. Great for browsing and comment-making, there's a couple of furniture stores there which will blow you away with the overdone roccoco tackiness ... rich Thais seem to LOVE that shit!
The food court in The Emporium is one of the best around (nice pizza place, and good for pain au chocolat, and big fat juicy satay). Great movie theatres on the top floor (take a sweater!), with the most comfy seats I've ever sat this butt in.

Take a restaurant cruise on the Chao Praya. The Yok Yor Restaurant has a reasonably priced cruise ... decent dinner (nothing overly special, bu the price is right). Starts at 8pm I believe, but you should check it out by phoning the restaurant. Reservations not necessary. After dinner finish the cruise at the back view area of the boat with some drinks. Quite romantic, floating past Wat Arun, the Grand Palace, the New Bridge etc etc, all of them lit up in colours and spotlights.
The whole thing will be over at just about the time the Silom show starts getting wound up. Dance the dinner off at DJ which is just a short taxi ride away.

Cheers ...