PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya to Cambodia airline - what was the name ??

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2013, 16:17
There was a thread quite a while ago ( that I can't find easily on my phone) re the airline that had opened between Pattaya and Cambodia ( or was it Phuket I can't recall ?) - anyway can anyone remember the name and if they are still trading ( as they appeared somewhat ropey when I last checked) as I need to so a visa run and with the bars being closed fir a day or more perhaps now is the time and if they fly from Pattaya even better to avoid the trek to Bkk perhaps - any idea of the name ?

anonone
July 19th, 2013, 16:54
Hey NIrish.

The airline you are looking for is Air Hanuman. I don't believe they ever got the service up and running, though.

Good luck getting through the dry days. Maybe a break in order anyway...? LOL

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2013, 17:18
Thanks for that Anonone, I'll check it out as I remember the it looks like they're not flying but rang them direct and they assured me they were !? We'll see.

And yeah on one hand a break isn't a bad idea ( reaching one set of pubs and boys for another isn't perhaps that much of a break but at least the wall paper might be different or something :-) mind you I went to Jontiem last night for a wee change and meet a fantastic guy who blew me away ( quite literally amongst other things :-) and as Joe pointed out to me hilarious talking in a PM ( I'm sure he'll not mind me saying :-) why travel somewhere else if I'm not that fussed when everything you need is there on your door step ( or words to that effect) and I have to say this trip more than others perhaps he's got a point as I'm enjoying being here this time and am nice a chilled and getting laid every day and night ( and then some ;-) so yeah a quick visa run for a day or two and then back perhaps :-) we'll see.

Krazy4thai
July 19th, 2013, 17:24
There was a thread quite a while ago ( that I can't find easily on my phone) re the airline that had opened between Pattaya and Cambodia ( or was it Phuket I can't recall ?) - anyway can anyone remember the name and if they are still trading ( as they appeared somewhat ropey when I last checked) as I need to so a visa run and with the bars being closed fir a day or more perhaps now is the time and if they fly from Pattaya even better to avoid the trek to Bkk perhaps - any idea of the name ?

I remember the post and anonone has given you the name .:) I did try to follow up when I decided I too wanted to go Cambodia. To the best of my recollection their web site never became operational. They were intending to be more of a charter flight company.

Air Asia offers very reasonable fares to PP and SR. Although I gather you were trying to avoid the trip to BKK and Don Muang where they leave from. Currently the return to PP is 2550B about $US85.

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2013, 17:29
Yeah just for others I do in case they're checking in the future it does look like that airline is gone, it shows their website under construction ( but to be complete in 6 days ? ) and no updates on their face book page for months - needless to say if anyone knows anything different to the above do please post it.

Thanks.

Edit * oh and thanks Krazy, I just read your post after submitting mine and yes I was just being ultra lazy, actually to be fair the run to Bkk swampy isn't even that bad nowadays and the prices are about the sameish as you quoted so I guess that's still the smart way to go if at all although avoiding the "big" airport stress would have bern a plus for sure if not on an actual 6 hour visa run to the border just perhaps. We'll see.